macon county vs. smith county, the rematch.

demonchild

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a little problem here...maybe Smith Co has beaten Macon Co. to a pulp in recent years but that is still no reason to just over look a team. If Smith Co. overlooked Macon Co. I would have to thoroughly blame it all on the coaches then. But knowing the coaches at Smith Co., I can't see them overlooking anybody and especially since they were playing former members of their own coaching staff. Face it, Macon Co. got the best of you guys straight up.

And as for Friday night, go right ahead and think that you will come in hear and run over the Tigers. I have seen the heart in these boys and they are not backing down from anyone. What have ya'll recently done when trailing by 1 with under two minutes and no timeouts? What happened Friday night was not your typical Tiger team and they will be ready for the Owls.

When the smoke has settled and the clock has reached 0:00 the Tigers will stand tall once again this year!! And once again, the Owls will have their wings clipped by the mighty Tigers!!!

Ain't gonna happen. Macon caught us overlooking them last time. We came to a gunfight with a knife. Our guys were not ready to play like they needed to be. This time.... we be ready. If anybody wins by 2 touchdowns it will be Smith Co.

Fan(was playing possum last time bigreid...not this time...WE WANT SOME!!!!!!!!)

P.S.  If your Tailback is not 100%....you are in big touble Macon.

FANMOUTH

I ain't buying the stuff that Smith Co. was overlooking Macon Co. in their 1st meeting. Our tail back will be ready so don't worry about that. Seems like the pass hurt you in the 1st game, didn't it? And I don't believe our D helped you out any.

SMITH CO. WANTS SOME

MACON CO. TAKING SOME!!!!

If you want to throw the ball...have at it. Our corners have really stepped up since the 1st of the season. They are young...but they are pretty good. SC didn't play with much emotion the 1st time...that is a fact. I don't know if that had a great effect on the game. One thing is for sure...SC will come ready to play this time. I'm sure MC will too. May the best team win. We'll see which one that is.

Well ya'll may not have been up for Macon Co. ( I just find that hard to believe ), but Macon Co. was ready for 4 quarters of Smith Co.

MACON IS GOING TO BRING IT THIS WEEK ALSO!!

GO TIGERS!!!!

TAKE YOU SOME!!!!

Please tell me why you think its hard to believe that Smith Co. wasnt "up" when we played early in the season? We have pounded you guys for years.... hard to convince the young guys it would be a tough ball game. You know last years game was so "close" and all....dont know why they would overlook Macon when Trousdale Co was next.

Fan :lol:

fan is right...we didn't expect a game. There is no excuse for that though. You have to play every game like it's the championship...turns out it was.

I believe that the team that loses Friday night is the luckiest one.  The team that wins is going to Knoxville and getting sliced and diced.  It's that simple.  That simple.  Austin East and Fulton are two of the most athletic teams in the state at any level.  I have heard that Fulton has 123 players on their roster and I heard that they are better than they were last year.  The only problem with that is that I heard AE is better than they were when they won the state 2 yrs ago.  Their region is up.  Our region 4-3A is down this year.  That's a fact.  Trousdale was by far the best team in our region last year and even they got beat on the Creekbank by Fulton by 1 pt. last year.  This year TC isn't as good and I don't believe that Smith Co. is as good as they were last year.  Last year and the year before, SC had 5 loses and 4 were to TC.  I think that SC isn't as good as they have been the past 2 years.  Portland is better but not like they were when they won the state.  Macon seems to be the most improved team but I think they will get beat Fri. by Smith.  Time will tell.  If you boys haven't seen them speedsters from K'ville play you don't know what you're getting into.  I've never been to Fulton but AE is not a place to take your children to.  Their band is loud and plays like the TSU Aristocrats, the air is full of the smell of fried chicken, the fence looks like a chicken graveyard with all the bones on the ground, and somebody smokes a lot of the refer there.  I'm telling you the team that gets beat is the lucky ones.  MC or SC vs AE or FHS.  Region 4 will get beat by 50.

We've been to AE before. I don't think either team has even thought about AE or Fulton. I KNOW neither will until after Friday. Why don't you save your predictions until after Friday's game. You are wasting space until then.

Edited by Antwan

Here is my 2 cents worth from an old coach. MC had a good running team, a good defense and a cool qb for a sophomore. SC has much of the same. Both teams have good defenses on the run but have been weak on the pass. TC almost came back on SC on passing. Then there is wilmore. He is a very good running back. Tough, and fast. SC has a big line. But as a team they do not have as much speed as MC. However, if you keep gridding yardage 7 yards to 15 yards a pop you don't need a lot of speed. I don't buy the fact that many think SC was over looking MC at their first meeting. SC not that stupid! SC just got beat that night. Plain and smiple. Now not as bad as the score was but non the less they got beat! I feel both team were very equal. I said WERE! MC has several injuries. In the first game MC had several players faster than SC. And wilmore and hudson a 2 different type runners but both are good. I would be pleased to have either one on my team. Hudson is hurt. and hurt bad. I doubt he plays. MC back up is hurt and possible bad. MC had to put a flander at running back who was also hurt. If Law is healthy for MC it will be fairly close. If MC does like they did agains GC and fumbles, makes bad snaps, get down on their own players, if the lines lays back on defense like they did, and if several other players don't heal. It may not be pretty. Yes it is very hard to beat a good team twice in one year but SC did it! Good teams do it! MC had a great win Friday night and this took a lot out of MC. SC had a rather easy win. I have seen both play a few games and i just think that SC with MC's injuries will win. But i have to agree with 419 carpet. It won't matter because the train will stop in east tennessee and it won't be pretty. SC has a better running game. MC just doesn't have a good 3 and 6 play! They get their self in trouble on these downs and Carthage has done better on 3 downs. I am talking about the whole season. Both teams have improved since they met last but MC just has to many injuries to over come. So my judgement is SC by 14.