macon county vs. smith county, the rematch.

demonchild

I know miss KITTY, I was just funnin' like everybody else on here. :lol: But, I have heard stories in the past between MC, SC, TC, and P-town. :P And you thought "Monday Night Raw" was rough! I would love to come over to P.P. field Friday to see the game, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. However, if I do, I'll be sure to look for that "poofy" blonde hair. I'd like to meet you, 71fan, bigB, jae, and all the MC proud that I have met on here.

;)

(I like meeting new friends......and old ones from SC, too. :lol: )

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, thanks, Queenie! What an honor! I think the TC fans will be well

represented on the visitors side.

I'm going to try to take a vacation day, and have the night off. WOW!

I'm getting excited, and don't even have a dog in this fight.

Win or lose, I hope the Reg. 4 ball keeps rolling all the way to the house.

:usa:

I don't expect anything less than a great game from both of these teams. Both teams want to take their talent east and see just how good the best teams really are. I know that neither of these teams will shy away from either one of the teams from the east. With that being said...Whomever the victor may be...I'll be in Knoxville next weekend going nuts for one of our teams. But I just know it's gonna be those OWLS!!

Hey Greenbrier. If you stop Wilmore you stop SC. They cannot win without Wilmore. They have a very good team but he is 80% of their offense. The defense is big and tough. Fair speed, good gang tackling, good at stoping the run. A little weak on the pass. QB has a fair arm. About 75% of the plays are to the offense's left side. Wilmore is great at hitting the tackle hole then slaning to the out side. Tell your LB and Corners to stay at home. And they had better be good tacklers. It hard to get pressure on the QB. The line does a good job blocking. Now SC doesn't block as well on outside runs but this is where Wilmore shines. He will draw the LB and Corners in and then slant outside. I doubt you can run on SC's defense. You can pass on them if you have the time. They also do a very good job on their kick returns. Look out here! if your guys don't stay at home SC will burn them.

You know i bet the players read some of the crap we all say and laugh. I mean do you really think any team doesn't respect another team they are going to play! Do you really think the teams are arrogant or maybe their fans? Know this site is for the fans to blow their horns. The players know better. They do their talking on the field.

I only wish MC is well for the game. If they have everyone healthy it would be a much better ball game. I still think it will be some hard hitting on both sides. You know if Wilmore should get hurt i feel MC will win. But has he been hurt at all this year? He is a heck of a player. One of the fault of having a small running back like Hudson is that they usually don't finish a season without getting hurt. One thing is for sure. Come Friday Night all this talking will matter not! Heck it doesn't matter now except to a few arrogant fans who think they can change the out come of a ball game by talking! Let have a great game. Best teams wins.

I could go back to the first SC/MC thread or the TC/MC thread and quote all of your posts. Your predictions of big victories over us.

Anyone who claims that MC's victories over SC and TC were flukes or that the losing team was overlooking us is showing disrespect. Fanman is worse than you, but please guys just admit that we could possibily pull an upset in this game. I'll amdit that SC can win this game. I think MC will win just like SC people think they will win, but I am not predicting a blowout like some of them are.

MC24

SC20

Who is your favorite team anyways?

You may hate us but don't disrespect us.

BTW Reid I'm not whining. I'm stating facts. We have to earn respect from the Tennessean and SC, TC fans. You do that by winning these type of games. Until we do on a consistant basis, People will always look at us as losers. Remember we don't have a Murphy unFair to promote us like SC and TC has. He all but said that SC would walk in this one last Friday. He still hasn't got the facts about the first SC/MC game right, he mistated them again Friday.

What did Murphy misstate? Just curious...I didn't hear him. I find it difficult to believe he predicted a walk for us. What exactly did he say? Again...you guys have the worst inferiority compex I've ever encountered. What do you expect with your past? You have had a very good season this year. Enjoy it...don't complain.

Basically he got the facts of the last meeting wrong again. He said it was 7-6 Macon at the half, it wasn't (6-0 SC). Then he said Macon scored a tack on TD late (which it wasn't either). It was 14-6 when Huson broke lose with about 5 minutes left in the game. Not exactly tacking it on. Doing it with 15 second left when you should take a knee is tacking on. He talked about the history of the 2 teams and the rivalry and hinted that Macon doesn't stand a chance.

Edited by MaconCotgr

I remember a game between Macon and Smith back in 1987 when Rankin was coach of the Owls. He had his team ranked high in the state rankings and wanted to do anything in his power to bash the Tigers. Well with the Owls leading 37 - 0 at the half you would think that he would have called off the Owls but he didn't. What did happen was cost the Owls the chance of a spectacular season when he cam back out with his starters in the 3rd quarter. Well in a matter of a few plays he lost his starting fullback/linebacker who was an all-state performer with a broken nose and then lost another all-midstate performer to a broken arm. But you know what...that was 16 years ago and it doesn't mean anything now...neither does last year or last week!!!

Go TIGERS!!!

By the way, save me a seat on the visitors side!!!

I like to celebrate the Tigers victory on the visitor's side. I have only been able to see the Tigers 3 times this year due to the fact that I live in Alabama but each time I have sat on the visitor's side and each time they have walked away with a victory and I am not stopping now.

GO TIGERS!!!

HIT SOMEBODY!!!

I could go back to the first SC/MC thread or the TC/MC thread and quote all of your posts. Your predictions of big victories over us.

Anyone who claims that MC's victories over SC and TC were flukes or that the losing team was overlooking us is showing disrespect. Fanman is worse than you, but please guys just admit that we could possibily pull an upset in this game. I'll amdit that SC can win this game. I think MC will win just like SC people think they will win, but I am not predicting a blowout like some of them are.

MC24

SC20

BTW Reid I'm not whining. I'm stating facts. We have to earn respect from the Tennessean and SC, TC fans. You do that by winning these type of games. Until we do on a consistant basis, People will always look at us as losers. Remember we don't have a Murphy unFair to promote us like SC and TC has. He all but said that SC would walk in this one last Friday. He still hasn't got the facts about the first SC/MC game right, he mistated them again Friday.

Predicting wins for the other team shows disrespect?????. Man you are full of it,you have a problem dealing with real life.I will continue to pick and choose who I think will win ,if you have a problem with that ,get over it.

Did you notice the word BIG in my post? Picking us to lose is OK, but picking us to get blown out of the stadium is showing disrespect. Like I said you my hate us and want us to lose every game by 40 (we have been there before), but you disrespect us by not admitting we have advanced past that.

I know miss KITTY, I was just funnin' like everybody else on here. :D But, I have heard stories in the past between MC, SC, TC, and P-town. :o And you thought "Monday Night Raw" was rough! I would love to come over to P.P. field Friday to see the game, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. However, if I do, I'll be sure to look for that "poofy" blonde hair. I'd like to meet you, 71fan, bigB, jae, and all the MC proud that I have met on here.

B)

(I like meeting new friends......and old ones from SC, too. :D )

ppride, demonchild will definately be at the game, i will be running up and down the field in front of the stands with the action, you cant miss me, i am huge.

I remember a game between Macon and Smith back in 1987 when Rankin was coach of the Owls. He had his team ranked high in the state rankings and wanted to do anything in his power to bash the Tigers. Well with the Owls leading 37 - 0 at the half you would think that he would have called off the Owls but he didn't. What did happen was cost the Owls the chance of a spectacular season when he cam back out with his starters in the 3rd quarter. Well in a matter of a few plays he lost his starting fullback/linebacker who was an all-state performer with a broken nose and then lost another all-midstate performer to a broken arm. But you know what...that was 16 years ago and it doesn't mean anything now...neither does last year or last week!!!

Go TIGERS!!!

I guess he should have put the cheerleaders in to start the 3rd quarter. Who doesn't start their starters in the 3rd? It is not unusual to do so. Those injuries...I don't know who you are talking about...didn't cost us anything. We lost to Marion County (Colquette was their coach) in a torrential downpour. We had the ball at the one 3rd and goal. Dirkson slipped twice on consecutive plays and didn't get in. We lost 12-7. Marion was a solid team that year. They did what they had to to win.

If he had wanted to...Rankin could have beaten you 80-0 or worse. Then you could have said he bashed you.

MC24

SC20

Predicting wins for the other team shows disrespect?????. Man you are full of it,you have a problem dealing with real life.I will continue to pick and choose who I think will win ,if you have a problem with that ,get over it.

Did you notice the word BIG in my post? Picking us to lose is OK, but picking us to get blown out of the stadium is showing disrespect. Like I said you my hate us and want us to lose every game by 40 (we have been there before), but you disrespect us by not admitting we have advanced past that.

Then show them to me. :D

By the way, save me a seat on the visitors side!!!

I like to celebrate the Tigers victory on the visitor's side. I have only been able to see the Tigers 3 times this year due to the fact that I live in Alabama but each time I have sat on the visitor's side and each time they have walked away with a victory and I am not stopping now.

GO TIGERS!!!

HIT SOMEBODY!!!

Russ I don't think we'll want to sit on the visitor's side for this one!! Skeet aka Maconcotrg