GoMab's 2003 Team Rankings for the Girls?

ball411

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Additionally, OS beat JACKONS COUNTY at JACKSON COUNTY in a scrimmage game

Last time i checked they have never given a "GOLD BALL" for winning a scrimmage game. You aren't the only team that has beat us at a "SCRIMMAGE" mr. OS91. It seems to me that everyone from OS is hanging their hat on beating us in a "SCRIMMAGE"! Are ya'll that desperate? Do you actually think for one second that a coach the calibur of Jim Brown is going to play anything but vanilla against you? Granted you have a good team in OS, but lets wait and see if you play us when it counts, then if you beat us you can crow all you want, until then give us all a break on the SCRIMMAGE you won k? :lol: If OS played in 7AA you would be the 4th ranked team in the district, say what you want, you would be and would be the 4th best team in the district, and here's the real crime in all of this, one of us (Jackson County, Livingston Academy, or York Institute) will not make it out of the region, because we will all have to play eachother to get there, to bad they don't round robin the Region, then you would see 3 7AA teams in the state!

Why doesn't anyone think McMinn Central is anything this year? Cleveland and Powell are up there, but Central, being AA beat them both in scrimmages if I remember correctly, and yeah, it was a scrimmage, but they still won! And they beat Seymore already which has a good team this year. And what about Walker Valley? They are also really good this year? That is two good teams that have really been left out, and I think deserve to be on there somewhere. You all will see.

And what about Walker Valley? They are also really good this year? That is two good teams that have really been left out, and I think deserve to be on there somewhere. You all will see

I don't think alot of you are getting what this pole is about, its about the 10 best teams in the state regardless of what classification they are in. There are alot of really good teams in this state, but we are talking about the best of the best here, not just good teams. Everyone can make an argument for their own team, however there are only a handful that can legitemately qualify for the top teams in the state. As far as Walker Valley and McMinn Central and Seymour goes, i think we beat all those teams WHEN IT COUNTED for the right to win the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP i know for sure we beat Walker Valley and McMinn Central, not sure about Seymour, although it wouldn't have mattered. And i am sure we will have to beat them again if we are going to win it for a 5th consecutive time. Here in 7AA its a different kind of basketball, our 3rd best team in our district would beat any other AA district or region champion, and most AAA's with a few exceptions of course. Thats not being arrogant or cocky thats just the truth and i know alot of people will get on here and dispute that, especially the AAA teams however, no AA district can dispute the dominance of 7AA this is by far and away the BEST AA district in the state, bar none. Now granted we don't have the "SCRIMMAGE" wins under our belts, but we do own quite a few "GOLD and SILVER BALLS"! :lol:

1..Jackson County ( until someone beats them) i know they have lost, but in a game that matters

2....Shelbyville ( 2 D1 players is enough to convince me.)

3.4..5..LA/York/Oliver Springs (either LA or york will drop tomorrow night)

6...Clarkrange (not playing well yet, but has the talent to go all the way)

7...Mcminn Central

8...Mt. Juliet

9....Riverdale

10....Lawrence Co.

i think some ppl have white co. and upperman ranked too high..these are just my opinions.

I have no knowledge of all the teams in the state so their is no way I can give a top 10. However, I will say this devilfanatic you guys did beat the Walker Valley and McMinn Centrals of the world but that takes nothing away from them being the second best district in AA. There is no question Jackson County and their region is the best in state but because they lose to Jackson County dosen't make them an average team. There is very good basketball in East Tennessee. Based on the rankings Oliver Springs should be higher than Livingston and I'm not so sure they would be ranked in a true top 10. I'm not saying they shouldn't either. I know they are not better than Seiver County who didn't make the list. I'm not sure they are better than McMinn Central who plit with Oliver Springs last year. As a matter of fact away from the Cracker Box they lost to McMinn by 40 points. I'm not for sure they are better than Seymor who put them out of the region and return most of their players. A side note Powell maybe better than them all. I really like Sevier County and think they are the best over here in the East but it really maybe Oliver Springs they are a great team. Its just tough to predict. I don't think Oak Ridge is the best.

I'm gonna go ahead and tell u that Jackson North Side is one of the top 3 teams in the state. Sha Brooks is absolutely on fire and so is the rest of the team. They have played 3 games that i know of and all three games they have won by more than 20. Beat Ridgeway by 25, South Side by 30, and Liberty Magnet High School(a new program in Jackson) by 40. With Sha Brooks averaging about 20 points a game. So i dont care what anybody says, they were 27-0 last year before lossing in sub-state, and i wouldnt doult that they can go undefeated this year as well.

So here is my Top 3:

1. Jackson Co. (though i believe North Side can beat them)

2. Jackson North Side

3. Shelbyville (because they will still be there at the end of the season)

I get a kick out of getting everyone stirred up over these so called "rankings". One thing that we have learned here in Jackson County is that they mean absolutely nothing! Its just a poll where fans can sit and argue their case about how good they THINK their prospective teams are. What we also have learned is that the only poll that matters is THE LAST ONE! I am quite sure that all of the teams being mentioned are good, and the great thing about this sport is we'll all be able to see who's right and who's wrong in Murphreesboro! ;)