Best Team in the State in 2003

redskins1998

Itzme, Just wondering, how was MBA the best team in the State ?

not saying they were not, just wondering how you came to that conclusion.

Played the toughest schedule, including beating the KY 4A state champions. Just watching them, as well as seeing several of the other "nominated" top 5 teams on this list, I believe they have better athletes overall, and the best coaching I have seen.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play on the mba team, and we definitely do not recruit. Of the 21 starters (Koban who went to USN, started both ways), 9 went to Ensworth (Morgan, Sloan, Haury, Jacques, Noel, Pilkerton, Crumbo, Edwards, and Gluck), and 5 went to Oak Hill (Fisher, Santi, Pettus, Games, and Barnes) for middle schools. Ensworth, Oak Hill, and USN are all local middle schools that traditionally send kids to MBA, both for athletics and for academics. Those are most of the key players on the team (the four captains all went to one of these three schools), and most of the others on the team went to area parochial schools that also often feed into MBA.

just b/c the kids that play for MBA live within 10 minutes of the school doesnt mean they did when school 1st started. You find a kid you want recruit them to come to your school and then their not going to want to have to drive an hour or an hour and a half so they move closer to the school. thats y most of them live within 10 minutes

just b/c the kids that play for MBA live within 10 minutes of the school doesnt mean they did when school 1st started. You find a kid you want recruit them to come to your school and then their not going to want to have to drive an hour or an hour and a half so they move closer to the school. thats y most of them live within 10 minutes

Exactly, like a MBA QB, whose parents have lived at their current address (2.5 miles away from MBA) since April 1980 – five years before said QB was even born.

Or, like a MBA WR/DB, whose parents have lived at their current address (2.3 miles away from MBA) since May 1985 – probably around the time said WR/DB was born.

Or, like a MBA DL, whose parents have lived at their current address (2.2 miles away from MBA) since October 1991 – probably around the time said DL was 6 years old (and at least six years away from being old enough to attend MBA).

All of the information provided above (real estate sales data) is available for free on the internet. All one needs to know are the parents’ names and addresses (and it’s not my job to give them to you, although I’m sure you all have done your own research as no one would make such claims without checking them out first, would they?). The aforementioned examples just scratch the surface. Sure, parents move on occasion, but its usually within a general area within the same town. Moving in from up to an hour-and-a-half away? Give us a small break.

It’s almost becoming comical to watch the non-believers continue to poke holes unsuccessfully in the face of actual facts that refute the non-believers’ factless claims. Keep me laughing, guys.

I don't care whether MBA or any private school recruits or not. What I have always mused at was the position that, "We offer only NEED based scholarships."

Well, who wouldn't NEED financial aid to attend MBA or BA. Not saying that ANY of your athletes are recruited....no evidence that they were and don't care, BUT it would be interesting to see how many of your athletes are receiving financial aid. I know I would have needed financial aid to attend a private school, and if I could have gotten it, I would have gone...and played ball...if I could have made the team.

So,

Question #1...How many athletes are receiving financial aid?

Question #2...How many non-athletes are receiving aid?

I swear most of you mid-state elitists must not think the state of Tennessee extends beyond Cookeville. I see list after list of top 10's on this thread, and nobody even want's to acknowledge that Fulton was there this week-end, let alone showed the most balanced offensive attack in all classes, in dismanteling a very good Covington team.

In their respective championship games:

Fulton:

30 rushes, 105 yards (3.5 per carry)

12-20 passing (.600), 255 yards

Ratio Pass/Run: 2.4/1

Punts: 3

MBA

43 rushes, 178 yards (4.1 per carry)

23-27 passing (.852), 335 yards

Ratio Pass/Run: 1.9/1

Punts: 0

Mav, Fulton looked great and was very impressive. However, it's hard to argue that MBA didn't "execute" and wasn't "precise" in its title game versus Brentwood Academy.

Edited by rollredroll