Best teams that didn't win State Title

REBELRON

Classy posts for the Alcoa bunch, as many of us have come to expect.  Way to denigrate a fantastic season by Upperman's 15-18 year old boys. As an open-zoned school, Alcoa isn't even playing by the same rules as Upperman does, but that apparently doesn't stop you "adults" from puffing your chests based upon the noteworthy accomplishments of the Alcoa teenagers.  I have a ton of respect for Rankin and the Alcoa program, but that respect sinks just a little bit every time I see one of the "goons" disrespect the honest efforts of another program on these boards.  U gon' beat me up now???

Lowerman is open zone as well...go do your homework there, Dr. Frist.

Classy posts for the Alcoa bunch, as many of us have come to expect. Way to denigrate a fantastic season by Upperman's 15-18 year old boys. As an open-zoned school, Alcoa isn't even playing by the same rules as Upperman does, but that apparently doesn't stop you "adults" from puffing your chests based upon the noteworthy accomplishments of the Alcoa teenagers. I have a ton of respect for Rankin and the Alcoa program, but that respect sinks just a little bit every time I see one of the "goons" disrespect the honest efforts of another program on these boards. U gon' beat me up now???

Ensworth! There's a classy bunch. Lol!

Lowerman is open zone as well...go do your homework there, Dr. Frist.

I have not researched this, but I don't think that is correct.  I work with a friend whose daughter attends Cookeville HS (also in Putnam County), and he does not think Upperman is open-zoned, but he doesn't know that for sure.  Even if it is, does that give adults license to anonymously show public disrespect for 15-18 year olds?  

Edited by RedRobin1

Yep...the TSSAA Ricky Bowers Rule goes into effect this football season...Now officials have to do the coaches jobs of policing the field before AND after games.

Ridiculous.

Section 17. In all sports sanctioned by TSSAA, the officials’ jurisdiction begins upon the arrival of one 
official within the visual confines of the field or court and ends when the last official leaves the premises 
at the conclusion of the game. It shall be the duty of a game official to file immediately a report with the state 
office if there is any unusual incident involving unsportsmanlike conduct on the part of the players, coaches, 
cheerleaders, or fans. 

I have not researched this, but I don't think that is correct.  I work with a friend whose daughter attends Cookeville HS (also in Putnam County), and he does not think Upperman is open-zoned, but he doesn't know that for sure.  Even if it is, does that give adults license to anonymously show public disrespect for 15-18 year olds?  

Well, lucky for you, I have.

Any kid in Putnam County can enroll at Upperman High.

Any guess what?

They don't even charge tuition.

Talk about an advantage!!!

http://boardpolicy.net/documents/detail.asp?iFile=10222&iType=6&iBoard=34

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge

I have not researched this, but I don't think that is correct. I work with a friend whose daughter attends Cookeville HS (also in Putnam County), and he does not think Upperman is open-zoned, but he doesn't know that for sure. Even if it is, does that give adults license to anonymously show public disrespect for 15-18 year olds?

Go to DII threads and enjoy your grey poupon and moose wieners! Lol!

In response to the forum name, I'd say alot of the Knox Central teams from 1990 to 2006. It seemed like in the early 90's we always ran into Oak Ridge and then in the late 90's up til 06 it was always Maryville. Truth is that had we not had to go through Maryville every year, Central would probably have a couple of state titles by now. But we just couldn't get past them. Wether it was a missed field goal on our part or a Trick Play by Quarles( He loves those trick plays ), we always came up short. Had some great battles though. GO BOBCATS!

In response to the forum name, I'd say alot of the Knox Central teams from 1990 to 2006. It seemed like in the early 90's we always ran into Oak Ridge and then in the late 90's up til 06 it was always Maryville. Truth is that had we not had to go through Maryville every year, Central would probably have a couple of state titles by now. But we just couldn't get past them. Wether it was a missed field goal on our part or a Trick Play by Quarles( He loves those trick plays ), we always came up short. Had some great battles though. GO BOBCATS!

OR and Central have had some great battles through the years! Y'all have got a fine Coach now in Bryson Rosser a former Wildcat himself. '91 Central/OR is still the best game I have ever seen on any level. How can you top a trip to the state finals on the line and a blocked XP to seal the game? Doesn't get much better than that. For what it's worth that semifinal game in '91 was the state championship in and of itself. Whoever won that game was going to hand it to Gallatin. I'll never forget the game in 1990 when y'all stomped a mudhole in us. I was 12 years old and cried like a baby lol. I'll never forget any of those games. I'll also never forget a game in the 80's when Reggie Cobb was a RB for the Bobcats. Y'all were putting a hurting on us that year, too and a lady in the crowd (A Central fan) said "stick a fork in 'em, we ain't done yet!!!) LOL I'll never forget that. Made my dad mad as he** lol Oh, the memories. Great tradition and players through the years on both sides!

Edited by SweetScience

OR and Central have had some great battles through the years! Y'all have got a fine Coach now in Bryson Rosser a former Wildcat himself. '91 Central/OR is still the best game I have ever seen on any level. How can you top a trip to the state finals on the line and a blocked XP to seal the game? Doesn't get much better than that. For what it's worth that semifinal game in '91 was the state championship in and of itself. Whoever won that game was going to hand it to Gallatin. I'll never forget the game in 1990 when y'all stomped a mudhole in us. I was 12 years old and cried like a baby lol. I'll never forget any of those games. I'll also never forget a game in the 80's when Reggie Cobb was a RB for the Bobcats. Y'all were putting a hurting on us that year, too and a lady in the crowd (A Central fan) said "stick a fork in 'em, we ain't done yet!!!) LOL I'll never forget that. Made my dad mad as he** lol Oh, the memories. Great tradition and players through the years on both sides!

We look foward to getting the rivarly back to where it should be Sweet Science. Since it started back up in 09, yall have dominated us mostly due to yall out-coaching us. When yall hired Gaddis back, I literally said "Dear God, we mite not ever beat them with this goon of a coach we have now" (Hassell). But as you pointed out, we have a REAL coach now. Rosser has our kids looking like a Central team should. He has worked them EXTREMELY hard this offseason. We look foward to comming down to Blankenship this year as the Underdog just like in 90. Maybe we can make a little magic happen and get this rivalry back to where it once was and should be. Ill be down there as I am for every Central game, ( And Ill make a trip over to Magic Wok before the game) ^_^ . GO BOBCATS!