Cheatham Co. Schools Shut Down Athletics

ctf33

*READ*

They are not going to cut athletics in Cheatham, don't picket or burn down anything. The board is going to take money from a reserve fund and move the bus schedules around. They are going to nickel and dime for a while but sports are here to stay. This is good information, don't doubt me.

IT WOULD BE A VERY VERY GOOD IDEA TO CALL THE NEW "DIRECTOR" AND RAISE COME heck ABOUT IT THOUGH! SHE PROBABLY ISN'T DOING ANYTHING ANYWAY! ;)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an idea.  Cut the salaries of the school board members and cut out alot of the fat in the administration that is existant in all school systems.

825334298[/snapback]

...no, hush

Sycamorebball1, don't take my complete word on this because you know how the board is. The new "director" has a mind of her own, so it's kinda up in the air.

From what I have heard is that they are going to take out around 400k from a reserve fund. Cutting coach's salaries will not make a dent in the 1.3 that is short. My inside connection says that the sports will be there... but they don't know what will happen to the coaches.

This sad story is played out every year all around the state and all around the country. Sports is made the scapegoat for the failure of our public school systems to teach kids to read or write because they are too busy joining in lock-step with the liberal agenda of the NEA. Go into your high school student's or junior high student's wellness class and see what passes for "health" education. Check out the reading list of your elementary school student. I believe one book that used to be popular in certain school systems (probably not too many in the rural South, but you'll get the idea) was one entitled "Johnny Has Two Mommies." They're teaching our kids how to put condoms on bananas but a special discipline hearing has to be held when a 6-year-old first-grader points his finger at a classmate in the "gun" symbol. .... So, lets just cut football. That'll solve all the problems.

Cheatham Co. is having budget crises

Reportedly the first cuts are to me made in the areas of the athletics deprt.. namely the coaching staff's salaries of CCHS and Syc.

also reported that if these budget cuts take place the head coach and his staff of sycamore will boycott the remaining games.... according to the players and coaches.

Can anyone confirm or denie this... or help shed light on it?

the website for more info

Edited by whenpridestillmattered

And, don't misunderstand me, I'm not knocking teachers. Probably the most thankless job there is. I sure wouldn't want to be one. I'm just pointing out what they're saddled with when the NEA passes down its agenda (go to its website) and school systems chime right in. It costs money to add all those non-essential classes simply to be "inclusive" and to promote "cultural diversity" when, in fact, anyone with an opposing view to theirs does NOT have a seat at the table. ..... This drifts somewhat from the topic at hand, I know. But, if you want to know why a coach in a rural Tennessee county is getting his supplement cut, you have to take a look at the big picture. And, you have to have the courage to face some ugly realities of life.