Cheatham Co. Schools Shut Down Athletics

ctf33

Rumor has it that the school board may move the meeting tonight up to 4:30 or 6:00.  Has anyone else heard this?  If this is true is it because they hope fewer people will attend due to the earlier start time?  Or maybe the media can't adjust their schedule to get there early?

825339115[/snapback]

It sounds like the school board doesn't want anyone to express their Constitutional Rights! Maybe someone (a teacher or coach) should give them a lesson in Government. If they move the meeting without proper notice they could be in violation of the SUNSHINE LAWS!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I say Cheatam Co. I mean the enitre county. I know that can be confusing. The way I see it is, If I was a coach which I plan to be once I graduate. I won't be coaching for the money it will be for the kids. Working with them all year getting ti know them, being a positive influence on them. Money isn't everything in the world and as soon as people find that out the happier they will be.

When I say Cheatam Co. I mean the enitre county. I know that can be confusing. The way I see it is, If I was a coach which I plan to be once I graduate. I won't be coaching for the money it will be for the kids. Working with them all year getting ti know them, being a positive influence on them. Money isn't everything in the world and as soon as people find that out the happier they will be.

825340050[/snapback]

Everything you have said is so true...I do not know one single person that teaches or coaches for the money...I'm thinking it's more a lack of something...cause most people wouldn't do what we do for the money...

If these counties get to take one dime away from what people have worked so hard to get...then the next time it's easier...and while I like to think that I would always put the kids first...when it comes to the money that we need to support our families...you have to protect that...

A coaching supplement is NOTHING...compared to the effort these men and women put into working with the kids...find out the supplement of a coach...and divide it by the time they put in with the kids...the time they spend learning more about their sport...it comes out to NOTHING...

And yes...some of us do think that money isn't everything...that's why you have people in the education profession with 20 or more years...

Would it not be pertinent at this point to ask, if indeed the county is short on money, who thought it neccessary to create the new Middle School Supervisor position recently created for a promoted middle school principal? Also, where are all the savings from the glorious split bus schedule implemented by the board this school year? Surely by now countless thousands have been saved, as was told to the public when many asked why the county needed to go to this unneccessary schedule.

For the past several years all of this has been coming on, now its here. Mike Stuart must go. He is not about the kids. He is about self glorification. He is not above the law. Keep digging into his affairs as he has dug into the very lives of our kids. HE DOES HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE. KEEP LOOKING!

825340262[/snapback]

The Middle School Supervisor is a grant position from the state, no county money was spent on her pay. You are on the right track looking at spending... AC Primary, Mr. Gibb's contract agreement, ect.

This is a load of crap, I hope everybody remembers this when elections come around. :unsure: