DB wins

DZbettin

This just in.... (since you won't give it up)

DB INDIANS 14- JEFF CO -3

That makes 13 wins in a row for the Indians... all 13 wins since the 5A Classification. Maybe next year Patriots?....Right!

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825346925[/snapback]

The talk has switched from Jeff Co vs DB, you can stop talking at any point.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to know from someone who understands the game what did jeff Co. do differently than Oak Ridge. I am not asking for any smart a__ comments just an honest conservation about football. What positions were key to stopping the DB offense, Can you compare Jeff Co's defense by position to Oak Ridge?

Did Jeff Co blitz very much? Did they run a nickle back in the secondary? If Jeff Co did Blitz where did they blitz from and how often. Did jeff co double team LW.

Where did Jeff Co have the most susccess on offense? I know DB is small up the middle did Jeff Co, Exploit that weakness?

How much rain fell?

Hats off Jeff Co. I know you didnt win but you played well. Is Jeff Co. gonna loose a lot of starters due to graduation? I know DB is gonna loose a lot this year. I have heard and dont know if its true but I have heard this year is gonna be db's best chance at a state title for at least a couple years.

I would like to know from someone who understands the game what did jeff Co. do differently than Oak Ridge. I am not asking for any smart a__ comments just an honest conservation about football. What positions were key to stopping the DB offense, Can you compare Jeff Co's defense by position to Oak Ridge?

Did Jeff Co blitz very much? Did they run a nickle back in the secondary? If Jeff Co did Blitz where did they blitz from and how often. Did jeff co double team LW. 

Where did Jeff Co have the most susccess on offense?  I know DB is small up the middle did Jeff Co, Exploit that weakness?

How much rain fell?

Hats off Jeff Co. I know you didnt win but you played well. Is Jeff Co. gonna loose  a lot of starters due to graduation? I know DB is gonna loose a lot this year. I have heard and dont know if its true but I have heard this year is gonna be db's best chance at a state title for at least a couple years.

825346969[/snapback]

Lot's of questions I`ll try to answer them all. I thought that the key to the defense was being able to get to Duran without much blitzing. When we did blitz (which wasn`t very much) it came from the outside. The d-line did a great job all night long, Jason Yeary was a beast at DT. Since we didn`t bliz that much we were able to drop our LB's into coverage. We ran our base defense, no nickel. The secondary played outstanding football, we doubled Lamon on some plays,since the LB's were dropped we mostly shaded him with a safety, with the corner playing man to man. The two keys were pressuring the QB with few blitzes, and taking away the middle of the field with the LB's, and taking away the deep ball with the safeties. I don`t know what OR did on defense, so I can`t compare the two.

Good win, Indians. You had to play through the funk that naturally follows a big win over a great team, and not surprisingly, you let a fair team hang close. At the end of the day, no conclusion drawn from this game will be right. JC fans will say DB is a good team, not a great team, and they'd be wrong - they won't see another team of DB's caliber all year. Some folks will conclude that JC is a State contender, and they'd be wrong. Any team that watches the films will know how to stop JC - no passing game makes JC mediocre on offense with a defense that elevates them to a good team; but no state contender and certainly not close to a team that will threaten DB this year.

JC came off of a big emotional win as well against Mo'twn West--our biggest rival! Maybe JC didn't play as well as they could have as well--yet DB was home where you are supposed to have an advantage. I don't know why DB fans can't just say JC is good and leave it at that. Great players don't get shut out by average teams (unless of course, they're overhyped!). To be honest, Duran was slower than I thought and Lamon wasn't as quick as I thought. Both seemed to be stylin' at times--something Coach Clark should remedy before latent arrogance costs the whole team. As a hsfb fan I came to Kingsport to see exceptional players perform and left disappointed.

i dont know what drew's problem is he had his chance in the rhea co. game.

and guess what he choked. ask anybody on the team they would rather have ben pewitt at qb than bowlin anyday. and all this crap about coach u pushing drew to quit , is a bunch of lies that the bowlin family like to believe. coach u just wants to push out the cowards and keep the men. he is the same to all his players, no one is above the team. drew is worried about drew and not the team.

Wildmanfan, I can answer a few of your questions.

Was DB small up the middle and did Jeff. Co. exploit that weakness? I would say maybe they did in the first half, but in the second half DB held Jeff. Co to minus 4yrds. total offense and no first downs. So if the did exploit a weakness, it was short lived.

Did Jeff. Co. blitz much? No not much at all.

Did Jeff. Co. double on LW? I think only on deep routs.

Where did Jeff. Co. have the most sucess on offense? Only with the run,and only in the first half.

Also I can tell you what you heard about DB gonna' be down next year is not true. Actually DB should be better for the next 2 years, than they are this year. Not to take anything away from this years team. This years soph.'s are probably the best ever at DB. Thats in all the top three sports, football, baseball, & basketball. We're looking forward to it.

i dont know what drew's problem is he had his chance in the rhea co. game.

and guess what he choked. ask anybody on the team they would rather have ben pewitt at qb than bowlin anyday. and all this crap about coach u pushing drew to quit , is a bunch of lies that the bowlin family like to believe. coach u just wants to push out the cowards and keep the men. he is the same to all his players, no one is above the team. drew is worried about drew and not the team.

825348279[/snapback]

lets quit dragging kids names thru the mud. whether you agree or disagree with what happened, lets be adults about it and let it go. its over, let him get ready for baseball.

To be honest, Duran was slower than I thought and Lamon wasn't as quick as I thought.  Both seemed to be stylin' at times--something Coach Clark should remedy before latent arrogance costs the whole team.  As a hsfb fan I came to Kingsport to see exceptional players perform and left disappointed.

825347091[/snapback]

Noone has ever said that Duran was fast... Duran's nickname has been molasses since his freshman year. When he gets going he's hard to bring down, thats the only thing that has been said about his running ability. Also, Lamon blocked one heck of a game, he threw the corner down more than once, Lamon's blocking ability is insane, and I didn't see the corner on him make one tackle on a run play. True neither played even close to their best game, but if you were disapointed then you should have come to any of out other games and seen their performances.

D-B sophs uh. That is intersting. I think Oak Ridges best chance at a state title will be next year. I am not saying they dont have a chance this year with one game between moving on and going home about anything can and usually does happen. I for one dont think it represents the best team just the best team on that given night. I mean last year Oak Ridge should have won the regular season game and D-B probably deserved to win their playoff game. Oak Ridge was just 4 yards form the state championship game last year and called a passing play that was intercepted. The only reason that oppertunity was made possible was that a jeff co. kid fumbled when the ONLY thing he had to do was not fumble. To me thats the great thing about High School sports. I love my home team I love my home team players. I will back them through thick and thin and aganist all odds just as you guys would for your home teams. Its truly a beautiful thing. Keep supporting and believing in you home team amd backing them with all the smack your brave enough to say in a public forum. Celebrate when your lucky enough to make the right prediction and eat your crow like a man when your wrong,

I know this is kinda late but i haven't gotten the opportunity to get on here, but all i have to say is that for all those db guys that were sayin the score was going to be in the 40-0 range, looks like your db boys aren't as dominating as you thought. Yea y'all won, but you should have known that when you're playin a jeff co. group of kids they won't ever give up. You can say all you want about the rain didn't help duran duran, but it didn't help jeff co either. Both teams had to play in the wet conditions. I look forward to another meeting come post season time. Oh another thing to my jeff co boys, don't over look the cocke's. it's homecoming, don't pull a db and think you are going to win 100-0, play like you are suppose to a get a big w and let some of the youngsters play the entire second half. Take care of business.

Did any of the idiots on here ever actually play football? I saw this game, it was a hard fought game between two class programs. D-B, Jeff Co and Oak Ridge are consistently the best 5A programs in East Tennessee. I'm proud of the how these programs represent their schools and hometowns. I'm glad my Indians won but Jeff County has a good team(better than the 2-2 record indicates) and should be a Top 10 team. Shiverdecker is impressive, may be the best back Jeff County has had since Thunderfoot Bales! Roll Tribe Roll!