AC Football

elfmom

After that embarrasing show last night at Fulton and last week at Kingston can we all agree that the football coaching staff needs a change? If you run the football 400 times up the middle and it doesn't work why would Kerr think that it would work the 401st? These boys work too hard for them to take all the brunt of these losses. Let's face it. We got out coached AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Edited by elfmom

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like they need some new recruiters.  If any AC athletes are interested I hear Campbell County has a good shot at the playoffs  this year.  I'm sure they'd welcom a few transfers next season.  LMAO

825373645[/snapback]

Interstate I-75 also has a northbound lane. Maybe a few of those talented Lake City, Norris & Clinton boys may want to travel north next year. We could use a few linemen & LBs to replace some outstanding seniors we will be losing to graduation. Charlie Heath can always come back home. B)

This is absolutely ridiculous. With all the success that the Anderson Co. coaching staff has had over the last 10 years, questioning their ability after two losses is absurd. AC still has a winning record and a legitimate shot at the playoffs. They are playing a LARGE number of sophomores and juniors and it's difficult to win in any region (let alone their region) when you're doing that. Give the guys a break. I know they work as hard as any staff around. As for the comment of "running the ball up the middle" - this is what the staff believes will give them the best chance of winning (I happen to agree). AC does not have a great deal of speed and is relatively inexperienced. There is a lot more to running the football than "running the ball up the middle'; I would venture a guess and say that most making these comments have no clue as to the changes in blocking schemes, formations, and strengths of formations used to adjust during a ballgame. The reality is that Fulton is better than AC (as they are better than most teams on their schedule); the Kingston game was lost on a special teams blunder, not offense. I would suggest that the real AC supporters get behind their team and let the coaches do their jobs to the best of their ability.

This is getting to be a ridiculous pattern on this site, a team loses a big game and people come on here and say the coaching staff needs to be fired. Anderson County has one of the best coaching staffs in the state! They are always a well-coached hard nosed, physical team. Their coaches also do a great job of finding schemes that give their kids the best chance to win.

Face it people, unless your son plays for Maryville, Riverdale, or AE you probably aren't going to experience an undefeated regular season. I am glad the boys work hard, but then again THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSSED TO DO. I don't think any coaching staff is going to out-work AC"s staff. So grow up, support your team and the coaching staff and be a parent not a problem.