Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

The "hardest opponents" according to who? You?

Who's the "homer", here?

It just shows that even you don't know a basketball if it hit you in the head.

Ok you must be from East or Middle Tennessee. I know that your fustrated that football is over and it is time for all West Tennessee teams to run yall out of mtsu's gym. But it ok this is our time to shine. Football starts in late Aug. that is yall time to shine. Middle and East own Football and West owns the hardwood.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok you must be from East or Middle Tennessee. I know that your fustrated that football is over and it is time for all West Tennessee teams to run yall out of mtsu's gym. But it ok this is our time to shine. Football starts in late Aug. that is yall time to shine. Middle and East own Football and West owns the hardwood.

yeah -- ok -- whatever :thumb:

2005 Middleton

2004 Unaka

2003 Temple

2002 Temple

2001 Chattanooga Christian

2000 South Fulton

1999 Moore County

1998 Ezell Harding

1997 Perry County

1996 Boyd Buchanan

1995 Pickett County

1994 Battle Ground Academy

1993 Battle Ground Academy

West won TWO State Championships in the last 13 years. Yes, 2 of 13. Maybe im just missing something... but west hasnt exactly "owned the hardwood" Maybe you could enlighten us with your reasoning?

Here is the Class 1A AP Poll for the week of Jan 29:

1. Cosby 20-1

2. Temple 17-2

3. Culleoka 20-3

4. Grace Baptist Academy 18-3

Temple is a good team there's no doubt about that, and even though their losses to grace could have easily gone the other way i think it's incredible that they are ranked above Grace after losing to them twice.....

McKenzie, because of coaching.

Well I hope he coaches better then he did against Gleason and Greenfield..Not putting these teams down..but Mckenzie had better beat Gleason more than 48-46 and Greenfield by more than 5 points..Union City beat Gleason 90-45..I also noticed Adamsville beat Mckenzie..Middleton pounded Adamsville twice...Not putting Mckenzie down..just if they win the State as you seem to think..this is just a couple teams that McKenzie will have to go through..

waterpoloisbetter50 still wants a good fight at smoothie king. It is the one on gunbarrel by the Mr. Zip. He said that he could take anyone in a fight.

Well, waterpolo is right. Grace should be ranked higher than Temple, for now. I don't understand how Temple got ranked higher. I am not dissing my boys, but it's weird how we are ranked higher.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry but McKenzie will not win the 1A title.

Thats correct..Mckenzie will not make it out of the region much less win the state title..If u wanna get right down to it..Whoever gets the 2 seed in 14a will have an easy road to the regenial title and will at least play in a substate game wheather its at home or on the road..Hmmm??..Something to think about because 14a's 1 and 3 seed will be in the same bracket..Mark it down..Like i said before..Its a shame one of these 3 schools..L.C. ,U.C.,or Humbolt will be left at home..Im not hating on Mckenzie but they are just wayyyyyy overated!!.But i will predict that Lake County and Union City will play for the region title and it could come down to the 2 in the finals in the state turniment..Do i think they are good enough..YOU BET!!!! :thumb:

Thats correct..Mckenzie will not make it out of the region much less win the state title..If u wanna get right down to it..Whoever gets the 2 seed in 14a will have an easy road to the regenial title and will at least play in a substate game wheather its at home or on the road..Hmmm??..Something to think about because 14a's 1 and 3 seed will be in the same bracket..Mark it down..Like i said before..Its a shame one of these 3 schools..L.C. ,U.C.,or Humbolt will be left at home..Im not hating on Mckenzie but they are just wayyyyyy overated!!.But i will predict that Lake County and Union City will play for the region title and it could come down to the 2 in the finals in the state turniment..Do i think they are good enough..YOU BET!!!! :thumb:

I told Demarcus Patrick's Dad the same thing..If we beat Halls .it would probably be better to lose in the district championship and stay away from the #3 team in our district...I know a coach wouldn't lose on purpose and we could still get beat in the region..By doing that we would have a little tougher 1st round game in the #3 seed but I believe I would rather play the #1 seed or any team in the other district than Humboldt or Union City..By winning the district..we would probably have to play either Union City or Humboldt in a loser go home game and then play one of the other in the championship..But..if Halls beats us..we probably need to settle for 4th....We know the coaches are going to try to earn their way and not lose ..but if you want to look at the big picture and maybe the best way to get there,that may be the best routeto take..But..that's not a guarantee either..it's just that we know what Humboldt and Union City has and the other region,we're not too sure about...But..we have to beat either Greenfield or Gleason first,then Halls or Trenton..At least if we win those first two games..we can determine what we want to do..By that ..I mean,that we have been concerned about the players Whitby had been starting..That may be the time to start those players we have been complaining about..Don't lose on purpose..Just give your starters a rest..