Maryville vs. Central

jlay68

Just started my homework on this one but one fact I think is key to the annual clash of the two best teams in East Tennessee. If Maryville is able to hang a quick 14-21 points on the catz in the first quarter like they have on about everyone else, I don't think Central has the tools to comeback vs. Maryville's quick pursuit defensive schemes. Helton will run around all night because the front four of Maryville will run him down before his receivers can get open. One thing Maryville needs to improve upon is those little dump passes behind the middle Lb’s like west ran. I expect central’s receivers have better hands and I know Helton has a better touch.

Maryville wins but the score will not be close as some may think. More later.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrebel 171113,

First of all, Central's defense is much better in big games. While Maryville will probably score 27-30 pts in the game, so will the Bobcats. Also,you forgot to add the (at least 6) non-calls that every opponent endures when they come to the "Skeeter", not to mention the 4-5 bad calls that every opponent receives as well. I remember the Central game out there two years ago when the referee was told by the Central noseguard that he was being held on every down, only to be told "Shut up son, or I'll throw you out of this game". Obviously he wanted to play, so he did not complain anymore, but kept getting held ALLLLLLL night long.

Maryville is a great team, they don't need extra help. Hope things are different from the last couple of games we have played out there.

Mrebel 171113,

First of all, Central's defense is much better in big games. While Maryville will probably score 27-30 pts in the game, so will the Bobcats. Also,you forgot to add the (at least 6) non-calls that every opponent endures when they come to the "Skeeter", not to mention the 4-5 bad calls that every opponent receives as well. I remember the Central game out there two years ago when the referee was told by the Central noseguard that he was being held on every down, only to be told "Shut up son, or I'll throw you out of this game".  Obviously he wanted to play, so he did not complain anymore, but kept getting held ALLLLLLL night long.

Maryville is a great team, they don't need extra help. Hope things are different from the last couple of games we have played out there.

825385731[/snapback]

Now that is a big bunch of bull comming from the steller KFL. During the West game last week the zebras for that game were the worst I've seen in a few years. In every game bad calls are made or missed but the law of averages are that calls go both ways. To suggest Maryville wins because of "Home cooking" is silly.

Now the game

I really just started doing my homework on this one but one fact I think is key to the annual clash of the two best teams in East Tennessee. If Maryville is able to hang a quick 14-21 points on the catz in the first quarter like they have on about everyone else, I don't think Central has the tools to comeback vs. Maryville's quick pursuit defensive schemes. Helton will run around all night because the front four of Maryville will run him down before his receivers can get open. One things Maryville needs to improve upon is those little dump passes behind the middle Lb’s like west tried to run. I expect central’s receivers have better hands and I know Helton has a better touch, so these short passes underneith could hurt MHS.

Maryville wins but the score will not be close as some may think because I don't think Central will be able to score many on Maryville's "D". More later.

I wander how many people remember two years ago in the final minutes of the game at Maryville, Central was driving for the win, it was 4th down and Zach Helton ran for what appeared to be a first down as he was tackled a good two yards past the marker. The officials immediately and quickly signalled 1st down for Maryville and MOVED the chains as Coach Helton was Screaming for a measurement.

I think this will be an exciting game as usual, if Central can eliminate the mistakes then they will have an opportunity for victory, if not , Well, the RedRebels will not beat themselves. The game night atmosphere at MHS is like no other, there is allways electricity in the air, and their fans are INTO the game from start to finish. It should be an exciting night of high school football and I think this one will be too close to call. thumb Good luck to the Cats in this FIRST meeting of the year between these two teams.

1st the central vs maryville game will be a good and close one but i think central will come out on top

Central: 24

Maryville: 21

and powell that is not nothin that will be a blowout central will rule over powell cause powells lineman are juss big but they couldnt beat there self out of a wet paperbag

Edited by CentralBobcats101

Central: 24

Maryville: 21

and powell that is not nothin that will be a blowout central will rule over powell cause powells lineman are juss big but they couldnt beat there self out of a wet paperbag

825385849[/snapback]

If Central scores only 24 then they will lose. Maryville's offense may score 24 the first half.

You Central fans will have to quit crying about the refs. I remember Maryville getting called for 2 phantom pass interference calls that went Central's way. Had Central been the better team they would have won that game. They would have beaten Cleveland also to get their rematch with Maryville. The better team won that night. Maryville was without 4 starters also that night. Maryville was the better team.

You people crying about the officials are crazy. There are Blount County refs who graduated from Everett,Porter,Alcoa,Heritage and William Blount who hates Maryville's guts.

I sure don't remember Helton being past the marker. You are full of it. Cole McKinney grabbed him by the towel and held on. He was short of the 1st down marker.

Wow! that load about homecooking was hilarious. If you think people want maryvile to win your crazy. What the noseguard form Central said to the ref is common in any game. IF you sit and whine about being held to an official he is going to tell you to shut up. The center two years ago was brandon waters a 4a mr. football finalist, so i can understand why the central player was probably upset. every team gets calls and non-calls during a game that goes there way. IF you remember back to last years game at Maryville the rebels were lining up for a 4th and 1 on a drive that would have ran out the clock but the ref blew the whistle before the play for failure to wear a mouthpiece on Maryville's center who was barking out line calls. Anyway, Maryville dominates the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Maryville 42-24

Maryville will win this one easy. Central isn't as good as they were last year. Their defense is really lacking...if you get into a shoot-out with MHS they will win everytime. Maryvilles D-line will get to Helton before his receivers get open and he will be scrambling all night. Cade Thompson will have all day to sit back in the pocket and throw all over the Central defense. It is nearly impossible to beat Maryville at home.

Maryville - 42

Central - 17

this game is soooo huge and awesome that i am comming to it. and i live 12 hours away. holy crap i tell ya. i love watching these two teams play because the have such resepct for each other its always a good high school game.

who ever knew someone would drive 12 hours to watch this game....pretty amazing huh :)

by the way, i didnt go to either high school so i have no ties to either, incredible i tell ya