High School Football Coach of the Year

tamirrt

Jerry Joslin- Cookeville. He took a 5-6 team and molded them into a 8-1 (as of now) team. They were picked to get 4th or 3rd in the region, yet he had them clinch the championship in week 8. He is the best motivater.

5A coach of the year= Big Jerry J.

Honorable mention=Mcgavock head coach

825399988[/snapback]

Completely agree. Great job this year coach J.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Coach Kevin Ward of the 2A Camden Lions should be Coach of the Year. He has done an incredible job of turning the team around, and getting the boys more motivated. They have done an excellent job so far this season, and I can't wait to see what is to come! Coach Ward is a great coach and an awesome person! Congratulations to Coach Ward and the entire coaching staff for a great season so far!! Go Lions!

I think that Coach Kevin Ward of the 2A Camden Lions should be Coach of the Year. He has done an incredible job of turning the team around, and getting the boys more motivated. They have done an excellent job so far this season, and I can't wait to see what is to come! Coach Ward is a great coach and an awesome person! Congratulations to Coach Ward and the entire coaching staff for a great season so far!! Go Lions!

825400994[/snapback]

I agree! Coach Kevin Ward should be the 2A Coach of the Year. He has done an incredible job with this group of young men. He is a great coach. I am so glad that the young men of the 2004 team had him. The talent was always there. It just took Coach Ward and his staff to bring it out. Big things have been happening in Camden. Coach Ward has brought back pride and fans to Camden football. It isnt that Coach Ward should be Coach of the Year for the record Camden has. But for what Coach Ward has done to turn this program around in such a short time. This is the first time ever. Camden has got to host a playoff game. That was a goal this team set before the first ball was snapped this year. Coach Ward and his staff has helped guide these young men into reaching this goal. Way to go Coach Ward and staff, you and the boys have done this town proud. Go Lions!!!!!

:D

825400994[/snapback]

Coach Ward and his staff of McDowell, Blow, Knott, and Wyatt are a tremendous coaching team and are all family men. They are good for Camden and Tennessee high school football. If Coach Ward gets coach of the year, we'll have to rent a bus just to take all the coaches' children to the ceremony.

Coach Ward and his staff of McDowell, Blow, Knott, and Wyatt are a tremendous coaching team and are all family men. They are good for Camden and Tennessee high school football. If Coach Ward gets coach of the year, we'll have to rent a bus just to take all the coaches' children to the ceremony.

825402512[/snapback]

I agree completely...he showed himself to be a very classy guy this past Friday when he could have taken a bad situation with Dresden's coach and turned it into something even worse....anyone would have been tempted to continue the confrontation but Coach Ward walked away and said that its past and we should all move on from here....a very classy fellow indeed and good roll model for our young men and our town. thumb

Coach Kevin Ward --2A Coach of the Year!

Camden's Coach Ward has proven himself in many situtations this past year. He is a motovator for the players, an equal to his assistant coaches, and a man that this community looks up to for all his hard work with this team. Already a Titan Coach of the Week, he deserves Coach of the Year too because of all his hard work with the Lions. :)

Guest catfish-hunter

The coach of the year has gotta be Cheatham's Cody Finley. The Cubs are in line to win their first region title and at worst they'll finish at 7-3 and host a first round playoff game. That's not too shabby for a team whose playing future looked bleak throughout the month of September. The coaching staff at Cheatham consists of four men, one of those guys is a volunteer coach who owns a local family restaurant in the county. This will be the Cubs third consecutive playoff appearence under Finley, whose in his third year as the team's head coach. In 2000 and 2001, which were the two years before he took over the program, the Cubs were a combined 2-18 (2-8 in '01 & 0-10 in '00). In 2002, he led the Cubs to a 5-5 mark and the #4 seed in region 5-3A before they lost in the first round to Crockett County. In 2003, the Cubs went 8-2 and finished as the #3 seed in region 5-2A before losing in round one at McKenzie. This year they'll get to host either McKenzie, Riverside, or Adamsville in the opening round of the playoffs in what should be a hot ticket in Ashland City.