High School Football Coach of the Year

tamirrt

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in class 4A, without a doubt sullivan east head coach Ralph Nelson. He has turned athe patriots a full 180 degrees and has lead them thus far to a 8-0 record and a #7 ranking in the state. The patriots have locked down a playoff birth for the first time in school history, and with a win over south tonight, they will be playing Tennessee High for the conference championship. Congrats to the East patriots and best of luck the rest of the way.

in 5A...it is up for grabs, but i would imagine whoever wins state will win it...Always a good choice is The "G" man from kingsport dobyns-bennett, he always finds a way to win and returns every year with a team that is capable of going all the way. Congrats to the "g" man on his continued success in Kingsport.

in class 4A, without a doubt sullivan east head coach Ralph Nelson. He has turned athe patriots a full 180 degrees and has lead them thus far to a 8-0 record and a #7 ranking in the state. The patriots have locked down a playoff birth for the first time in school history, and with a win over south tonight, they will be playing Tennessee High for the conference championship. Congrats to the East patriots and best of luck the rest of the way.

in 5A...it is up for grabs, but i would imagine whoever wins state will win it...Always a good choice is The "G" man from kingsport dobyns-bennett, he always finds a way to win and returns every year with a team that is capable of going all the way. Congrats to the "g" man on his continued success in Kingsport.

825394185[/snapback]

It would almost be impossible to not be able to turn the patriots a full 180 degrees because they have just been terrible. Its not the coach that did it, its the players. After this years seniors graduate East will go back to their normal losing seasons.

I'll put my vote in for my fav 2a coach...Kevin Ward of the Camden Central High Lions!....in less than 2 years he has turned around a struggling program into a probable 9-1 season....the no. 4 team in the state....the first play-off game ever to be hosted by Camden...and a team that is a true contender for a chance to play in the blue cross bowl come Dec.....He has accomplished this all with a TEAM (and I do mean the capital letters) that is led by an outstanding group of seniors with no true "star player". There may have been more "talent" on other Camden teams in the past...but NO team has every played with as much continuity, teamwork and HEART as the 2004- 2005 Lions....Coach Ward has not only brought out the best in his team, but we have seen a large change in the town as a whole!...We have something and someone to be excited about for years to come and our team interest has grown by leaps and bounds...Regardless of who wins, Coach Ward and his phenomenal staff deserve our thanks and praise for a job well done!!...GO LIONS! thumb

Edited by tamirrt

sorry tamirrt but my 2A vote goes to Davis of POLK CO. He has football in his genes and the coaching talent to back it up. he knows the game well and can motivate better than anyone i know. and as far as turning a program around since he came to polk he has produced playoff caliber teams, a big improvement from an 2-8 or lesser season history. i know, former player. Good luck tonight cats

Go POLK Go

I'll put my vote in for my fav 2a coach...Kevin Ward of the Camden Central High Lions!....in less than 2 years he has turned around a struggling program into a probable 9-1 season....the no. 4 team in the state....the first play-off game ever to be hosted by Camden...and a team that is a true contender for a chance to play in the blue cross bowl come Dec.....He has accomplished this all with a TEAM (and I do mean the capital letters) that is led by an outstanding group of seniors with no true "star player".  There may have been more "talent" on other Camden teams in the past...but NO team has every played with as much continuity, teamwork and HEART as the 2004- 2005 Lions....Coach Ward has not only brought out the best in his team, but we have seen a large change in the town as a whole!...We have something and someone to be excited about for years to come and our team interest has grown by leaps and bounds...Regardless of who wins, Coach Ward and his phenomenal staff deserve our thanks and praise for a job well done!!...GO LIONS! thumb

825394262[/snapback]

Well said tamirrt...GO LIONS! thumb

As much as I think George Quarles is a great coach. Ralph Nelson has to be the coach of the year. Sullivan East has always been a 2-8 or 1-9 team. Ralph Nelson has turned that program around. A good coach makes a difference. I bet after this season there will be more kids out for football at Sullivan East. Success breeds success.