High School Football Coach of the Year

tamirrt

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll put my vote in for my fav 2a coach...Kevin Ward of the Camden Central High Lions!....in less than 2 years he has turned around a struggling program into a probable 9-1 season....the no. 4 team in the state....the first play-off game ever to be hosted by Camden...and a team that is a true contender for a chance to play in the blue cross bowl come Dec.....He has accomplished this all with a TEAM (and I do mean the capital letters) that is led by an outstanding group of seniors with no true "star player".  There may have been more "talent" on other Camden teams in the past...but NO team has every played with as much continuity, teamwork and HEART as the 2004- 2005 Lions....Coach Ward has not only brought out the best in his team, but we have seen a large change in the town as a whole!...We have something and someone to be excited about for years to come and our team interest has grown by leaps and bounds...Regardless of who wins, Coach Ward and his phenomenal staff deserve our thanks and praise for a job well done!!...GO LIONS! thumb

825394262[/snapback]

Right on!

As much as I think George Quarles is a great coach. Ralph Nelson has to be the coach of the year. Sullivan East has always been a 2-8 or 1-9 team. Ralph Nelson has turned that program around. A good coach makes a difference. I bet after this season there will be more kids out for football at Sullivan East. Success breeds success.

825394882[/snapback]

I agree with you Rebelron, this year will help east in the years to come, early, early prediction, South, Central, and East make the playoffs next year !!!!!

It would almost be impossible to not be able to turn the patriots a full 180 degrees because they have just been terrible. Its not the coach that did it,  its the players. After this years seniors graduate East will go back to their normal losing seasons.

825394237[/snapback]

Cougarhater,

There is no possible way that you can say that about East coach Ralph Nelson. I for one am a former player of his. Are you?, do you even play football? Have you even seen East play? Well yes they have a few RETURNING senior staters, but for the most part, they are a young team. Coach Nelson has turned the program around, and has given thoses kids something to be proud of. They have tremendous heart, and i dont know how you can say otherwise. Maybe you should go see them before you talk bad about them...

Ralph Nelson has done an outstanding job of motivating and getting athletes excited about coming out for football. I'm not a Sullivan East fan but remember playing them in the mid 80's when Tennessee was still three classes. They were a Class AAA school of about 900 - 1100 students and would only have 20-25 players on the team (including JV). Ralph has done a great job and brought in old college buddies like Scott Gaylon to do coaching clinics and get the guys to come out for football again which hasn't happened at East since the first two or three seasons the school was in existence in the early 70's!