Dobyns-Bennett vs. Ooltewah

DRDB

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the Ooltewah fans. I read that you guys don't have radio coverage. Well bring your headsets and listen to THE best High School coverage (OK so I'm biased). WKIN AM1320 with Tom Taylor and Rick Spivey is the best. They are funny and know the game and even though they are for the Tribe they call a fair game...unlike the refs last week at J.C. but hey that's another story.

Bobcat, DB has not been in many situations that they had to prove they can run.  But, a few times they have shown that they CAN run.  One game, Karns, they came out and ran a ton against their big DLine.  People, DB can run the ball, they have the athletes to do it, but it just has not been necessary to this point.  Big Dee Peeler 6 ft 1 230lb can run over anyone and Stephen Moten 5ft 10 175lb is quick as a cat, can cut quick, and is strong as well.  Duran can always go ahead for at least 4 or 5 yards (he is a big guy) and Tyler Nottingham is just blazin straight ahead fast.  These guys are as good or better than anyone DB has had runnig the ball.  You just don't see 1 person running over and over.  They spread out the run when they do run.

825418023[/snapback]

Bud , I know you guys can run on Karns but I think the Owls present a little tougher defense than the Beavers. I can't help but wonder what will happen when on one of these cold playoff nights and you can't throw it will you be able to run it enough to move the chains,a of lot teams panic when they get in that situation,because they are not used to run blocking for an entire game, and that cold night will come, maybe tonight, maybe later, but it will come, the teams who run the ball the best usually win the state championships, ask Riverdale. Central Bobcat

Playoff Special... last post before game time. This is my take on how the game will turn out.

DB will move the ball through the air with tremendous success. The DB OLine has not given up more than 10 sacks all season, so I don't expect the Owls to get Duran Duran down more than twice in the game, maybe not that. getting to Duran is one thing, taking him down is another. DB will have success running the ball, maybe 150 yds rushing. So DB's offense will have near 400 total yards and that will turn into 4-5 TD's.

Ooltewah will have success running the ball. Maybe moving up and down the field between the 20's, but the End Zone is hard to get too without a good passing game. DB's secondary will shut the Owl's passing game down, maybe 2, maybe 3 picks.

DB rolls up the the W in Round 1

Tribe 35

Owls 14

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

Playoff Special... last post before game time. This is my take on how the game will turn out.

DB will move the ball through the air with tremendous success. The DB OLine has not given up more than 10 sacks all seaons, so I don't expect the Owls to get Duran Duran down more than twice in the game, maybe not that. getting to Duran is one thing, taking him down is another. DB will have success running the ball, maybe 150 yds rushing. So DB's offense will have near 400 total yards and that will turn into 4-5 TD's.

Ooltewah will have success running the ball. Maybe moving up and down the field between the 20's, but the End ZOne is hard to get too without a good passing game. DB's secondary will shut the Owl's passing game down, maybe 2, maybe 3 picks.

DB rolls up the the W in Round 1

Tribe 35

Owls 14

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825418653[/snapback]

Nice call Art!

I want to say I give the Ooltewah Owls major credit for the effort they put up tonight against the Indians, this game could have went either way till the last 3 mins of the game. The defense for the Owls played excellent, picking off Duran 4 times is a major accomplishment.

The Indians had highs and lows in the game, The 4 picks by Duran, but 3 were off of his own receivers hands, The running game was good tonight for the Indians.

The Defense for the Indians played great tonight at shutting down Caldwell.

This game will make the Indians much stronger, and help them out as they go deeper in the playoffs.

Congrats to the Indians on the excellent win, Roll Tribe Roll!

Duran Ferguson probably was having his worst game ever. Then with about 3min. to go in the game he rips a 53 yarder to Hayes to win the game. Thats what I call keeping your head and not letting a bad game get to you. And guess who was the first one to run up to congradulate Hayes after the catch. Lamon Williams

I'm not as nice as Skunk, so here goes.

1) The Knox association officials need to stay in Knoxville. They were so obviously biased, they made Bill Clinton look like a nice moral person. Clip after clip and cheap late shot after cheap late shot by Ooltewah was not called. Not not mention the kickoff by DB late in the 4th quarter that only took 2 seconds off the clock according to the officials, that was run by the owls a good 6-8 seconds. That must be how they do math in Knoxville.

2) The Owls have to rank as one of the most classless teams I have seen this year. After throwing several late cheap shots throughout the game, when the Owl player took a another shot at Duran after he kneeled on 4th down to end the game was deplorable. At least the officials decided to call that one, but not before the Ooltewah sore losers decided to try and end someone's career.

3) To the DB player who took a shot at one of his own after he threw an incomplete pass, woe unto you. You are part of a team, get your head on straight, and act like it.