Rebels/Panthers II

Rebel Nation

I don't know for sure but I believe Ryan Tallent will play next week. Byner will be out.

825430104[/snapback]

Remember the lineup when we scrimmaged Oak Ridge back during the summer? Looks like it might be coming true. Coach Q will have them ready though. Thanks for the update; I hate this shift because I never get to make it to any of the games anymore.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Tallent will be back I guarantee you. He was asking coach quarles to go back in the game after he ran it off behind the cheerleaders. I eat lunch with Ryan every day, so Ill keep you updated on his situation. Byner will probably be out for the year I'm guessing. He was at the Hoopaloza basketball thing after the game and he had a big leg boot on. He was limping very bad too. I wish that they would have had Byner sit out so he would have been 100% against Central. TO POWELL: Don't hang your heads...you played us better than any team has this year. Powell is way better than Central no matter what the score of their game says.

great ballgame!

259 yds rushing for the panthers............guess they had a running game after all

anyone else notice the asst maryville principle talking about his"good friend"

ronnie carter who was in attendance?

guess the officials heard it to      8 panther penaltys in the 1st qtr to maryvilles 0

not a good career move to throw the flag against ronnies buddys team......lol

now that thats outta the way.........good luck to the rebels the rest of the way

rebs those bruises will go away by friday

825429798[/snapback]

Why don't you quit crying about the officiating? Maryville is recognized along with 26 other teams for sportsmanship and you have to try and make something of it. You forgot to mention the 150 yard drive Maryville had right before the half because they had two huge plays nullified. Powell held on almost every down. Your tackle had a handful of Jeff Smiths jersey virtually every play and a few of them got called. Your coach whinned the last time we beat you and then all your fans got on newstalk 99 whinned about it. Quit making excuses. And quit acting like you won when you lost. Maryville had a bad game and won. YOur guys have until next summer for the wounds to heal.

Don't make excuses about maryville playing a bad game, because powell played a really bad game also. I was a little worried about my withing 10 points call, but powell covered me second half. I guess jay went out and showed that he not only could take some hits but give some, even though nobody expected him to be (running) on the offensive side of the ball.

I thought the refs did an overall well job tonight, powell just made some really bad mistakes. I would like to apologize for a select few of our fans who were REDICULOUS tonight.

But congrats to the rebels and I plan on cheering you guys on next week against central.

Good game, both sides gave it their all. I tend to disagree with the thought that Maryville had an off game and the Panthers played their best though..... 3 Powell turnovers, 0 for Maryville, yet Powell has the ball with a chance to win at the end of the game....I'm not sure what the total yards looked like, but I'd say any unbiased opinion would say other than the turnovers, Powell outplayed Maryville tonight, plain and simple. That's not whining, winning the turnover battle is part of football, but don't tell me Maryville played badly while Powell brought their best when the Panthers were negative 3 in the turnover department....if that stat is reversed, the almighty Rebels wouldn't have been as close as Powell was. Have to give the Rebels credit though, they came up with the big stop when they needed to. Go kick the crap out of Central next week and bring the gold ball back to region 3.

Got a few things to say here.

Physical

Powell did play a very physical game no question, a bunch of tough kids! Powell did receive allot of physical back from Maryville as well because of some pretty tough kids wearing black. No got muscled! I do think Powell played their best game vs. Maryville since the Milligan days. That is what made in close and the Maryville O going flat. The O may have gotten cold whiles Powell used about 11 Minuets on one drive for a TD. No Excuse, 2nd qtr MHS O was flat. Powell did not give up and they should not hang their heads on the effort.

Officiating

Went both ways pretty much except the Powell tackles has a hand full of Killebrew’s and Smith’s jerseys all night all night long and one flag. Both Powell and MHS got pounded by infractions that cost them big yards. On one drive two holding calls cost Maryville about 100 yards after big gains. I give this crew a B- overall.

I do respect Coach Stephens and his staff for the great job they do but I must say when Byner got his ankles hit and may have ended the young mans season, some of the staff on the on the Powell sideline were applauding the injury. Amazing and the nerv!. I don’t want anyone’s kid hurt. I love physical football but hate coaches and stand dwellers that promote, or seem too, and/or support cheap shots and the injury of opposing players. I had a friend sitting on the Powell side and he told me that he was embarrassed by some of the comments made concerning that injury and several other cheap shots the Powell players delivered last night. Not very classy at all and a cheap way to play the game. This took the enjoyment out of a great High School football match-up for me.

Central next! Go Reb’s!

I`m not real famaliar with the rules but isnt it an automatic first down on a personal foul?? Maybe its different in high school.

825430132[/snapback]

I'm with you Insider. I thought when the ball is inside the twenty and a 15 yard personal foul penalty occurs, then it is half the distance and an automatic first down.

Go Rebs.

OK...the sidelines werent clapping because Byner got hurt...we were clapping because he got up and wasn't hurt too badly....i must say though our fans were kind of rude and for that i appologize. Where were the cheapshots? I didn't see any but there might have been some so if u can remember one tell me. And also the refs did OK...first half all the calls were going against Powell. Second half most of the calls and non calls were going against Maryville....i think that is in part to Maryville getting a little shaken but mostly in part to the bad officiating. Calls went against both teams that shouldnt have so i dont think either team gained an advantage there and yes we were holding smith and killebrew because they werent calling it so we kept doing it....smith is a man though and mostly the holds just got him mad and made him come even harder the next play.

good grief..........you cried about cheap shots by central........and now you cry about cheap shots from powell

i hate it that the young man got hurt..........but if your a tackler .would you have tried to hit him high ?............no way you bring him down that way .hes a load

its football.......and as for the holding........we will give lee a tear away jersey next time

Edited by robpride