Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

So what makes Maryville so good in your opinion Maryville fans?  Their running game?  Passing game? Defense?

825447705[/snapback]

Commitment to excellence and a belief by hard working young people in their tried and proven coaches. Maryville is a program not just a team. The program prepares for each foe with the same business like mentality.

TN HI has proven to be and has earned a chance to defeat one of the best programs in the south, but I don't think they will be ready for a team like Maryville's

Watched some film last night and saw a well-run wing-t program if there is one. The Wing-t is an outdated scheme and is to one dimensional to win a state championship at the 4A level. The TN HI passing attack vs. Elizabethton was only effective because the Receivers were wide open. Maryville leaves no one wide open. The pulling guards of TN HI are not fast enough to be too effective and if Maryville goes to a 5-2 TN HI will face a few to many 3rd and longs and be forced to pass. Top to bottom Maryville is a better team and will decisively win the contest.

Get ready for a wet field and enjoy the bus ride!

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commitment to excellence and a belief by hard working young people in their tried and proven coaches.  Maryville is a program not just a team.  The program prepares for each foe with the same business like mentality.

TN HI has proven to be and has earned a chance to defeat one of the best programs in the south, but I don't think they will be ready for a team like Maryville's

Watched some film last night and saw a well-run wing-t program if there is one.  The Wing-t is an outdated scheme and is to one dimensional to win a state championship at the 4A level.  The TN HI passing attack vs. Elizabethton was only effective because the Receivers were wide open.  Maryville leaves no one wide open.  The pulling guards of TN HI are not fast enough to be too effective and if Maryville goes to a 5-2 TN HI will face a few to many 3rd and longs and be forced to pass.  Top to bottom Maryville is a better team and will decisively win the contest. 

Get ready for a wet field and enjoy the bus ride!

825448149[/snapback]

I agree that the wing-t is outdated and one dimensional. But you can win a 4A state title with it. For example, Hillsboro last year. But Hillsboro was absolutely loaded for three straight years--they probably could have run most any offense and still had success. In 2001 they were 14-1, in 2002 they were 14-1, & in 2003 they were 15-0. Two sate runner-ups and one state title--their only two losses in 45 games were both to Maryville. If Tennessee is as loaded as Hillsboro was, they have a shot to go 15-0. Anybody think they are that loaded?

You must feel big and bad behind your computer RRaider.  I heard that you were just a skinny little punk that I could fart and knock over.  This person told me that you were a scrawny 120 lb. weakling that could never play football, but you are in the stands with a football helmet and your shirt off (must be embarassing).  It seems like you are a little boy obsessed with some of your classmates, maybe you're a little "funny", if you know what I mean.  I would love to see you say some of this stuff to my face, or any of the player's face.  You would probably cry like a little girl.  I really hope I find you on Friday, but I bet you don't show up.

825447313[/snapback]

Yeah, but that lil boy's got biiig brothers. You keep your butt on your side of the field lil man!! thumb :o

Bigsexxy, rebelnation was cut down in his prime. He was an integral part of the Rebel family and one of our own blew the whistle on him....albeit inadvertently. He will be sorely missed :o

Edited by dmoyers1

Attest = be evidence of. 

As for the size, you guys have a big offensive line, averaging over 250 lbs.  That is where I was basing your size advantage, I don't know about your other positions.  The speed advantage is definitely in our favor, no arguing that one, I know both teams 40 times.  thumb

825446793[/snapback]

Like I said, I seen both teams, Maryville has more team speed than Tn High. This will definitley be the fastest team Tn High has faced. Name one team you've played that is bigger and faster.

I agree that the wing-t is outdated and one dimensional.  But you can win a 4A state title with it.  For example, Hillsboro last year.  But Hillsboro was absolutely loaded for three straight years--they probably could have run most any offense and still had success.  In 2001 they were 14-1, in 2002 they were 14-1, & in 2003 they were 15-0.  Two sate runner-ups and one state title--their only two losses in 45 games were both to Maryville.  If Tennessee is as loaded as Hillsboro was, they have a shot to go 15-0.  Anybody think they are that loaded?

825448186[/snapback]

No where close to last years Hillsboro team.

Hillsboro for the past few years have been loaded, so has Maryville. But i never here much about Tn high being loaded. So how can they compare? Im thinking Maryville is going to win by 21+

825448253[/snapback]

That's OK...Nobody knows anything about Tennesse High. But that dont stop 'em from talking.

You guys got your tickets yet? I got mine. They said that they had plenty of tickets. Which is unfortunate. It would be cool to see about 3000 Viking fans in Maryville.

Coach Stubbs said that because he knew that was who it was going to be. We will see how well you match up with the champs. This is not upper east tennessee football, anymore! The vikings have not experienced this before!!

SEE YA!

Just take the week off and enjoy THANKSGIVING!!!

DON'T WORRY ABOUT PRACTICING ALL WEEK AND BEING STRESSED OUT, BECAUSE IT WILL BE OVER SOON ANYWAY!!