Franklin at Germantown

BigSneaky

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious. You seem to have a deep interest in Germantown yet from the majority of your posts you seem to be from Sequatchie County. Why the apparent love for Germantown? Family member go there? I'm not being hostile here, honestly just curious.

825446900[/snapback]

I have family members from Germantown that support the team and some who have played there in the past. It's a great school, and I'm just a fan.

First of all, Congradulations to Franklin on making it to the semis. As much as it pains me to lose the final game of my football career to Franklin...I gotta pull for the Williamson Co. team to make it to State.

Although I don't know a whole lot about Germantown, I think that Franklin has a good chance to come out with a win Friday night. Their defense has played solidly the past couple weeks, giving up only 21 points in the playoffs. The Rebels D seems to be playing impassioned football as of late and that ought to be the deciding factor this weekend. The offense, however, has to pick it up though if they're gunna have any chance of moving on. Only 2 passes in 47 offensive plays? They'll struggle to beat the Devils with that lack of offensive balance. Personally, I think Franklin has some guys with some serious big play potential. If it were my team, I'd pull somethin crazy outta my butt like that Notre Dame Box or whatever it's called. I think it'd be wise for the Rebels to get guys like Titus Hardemon, Shannon Derricks, and John Hewitt more involved in the game plan. The opportunity to throw screens was there all night against Brentwood, and after lulling the defense to sleep with the run, the passing game ought to open up as well.

Hope Dawson Bryant is doing well and is able to play this weekend. I'd hate to see him have to sit out what could be his last game.

I'd also like to thank Mr. Plummer for taking the time to come talk to me on Friday night. I much appreciate the gesture and won't forget it. I hope Brooks can make a speed recovery.

Guest region4fan

Congrats to Darrian Waters from Franklin for winning the Titans Player of the Week for his performance against Brentwood High School. Great job and great Middle TN representative!

Great game last Friday night against brentwood. Them guys pounded the ball and played great defense. Congrats to the rebels and love to see them on the 4th. Gonna guess 21-3 franklin.

825448888[/snapback]

Here's the big question, how do the Rebels play in the Mud? G'town has won it's last 3 on sloppy fields, and I just looked at the field at G'town and it's already a soggy mess and with more rain in the forecast it's going to get worse!

This should be a great game and maybe I'll get to go out to Germantown with some old friends to watch it. That being said I think Franklin will win in a close one. I got to play with some of these guys when I was a senior and from seeing a few games over college breaks and reading up on here I can tell how much they have matured. Without a doubt this is due to Coach Johnson, the man is an incredible coach to take a program that was fortunate to finish 5-5 and make the playoffs and turn that into one of the best in the state, despite not having all the athletes and size of other schools. He reminds me of a Bill Belichick type guy, plugging in players to fit his schemes - just look at the offense he has used to go 12-1 with compared to having a talents like Solima the year before that, and Ref the year prior. That's a heck of a coaching job working with a 2 QB situation and seeing rare success with it bc he caters to their strengths. He's also done a similar job to the Broncos of taking any running back available to him and surrounding him with good blocking and running to the backs' advantages . He's had Darrian, Tony and Zo over the years and I'm only pretty sure they've all been 1,000 yard backs. TJ's coaching and certainly his assistant coaching will help the Rebels win this game. I know this post is biased bc it only deals with Franklin, but honestly I just don't care. I think that the Franklin coaching staff will have a great gameplan going into Germantown this friday focused on all aspects of the game, and due to this win a close, hardfought game.