Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to both Riverdale and Franklin for making it to state, esp the alma matter Franklin. After our success in 2002, and the continued further success of the seniors of 2003 you all have impressed everyone by taking it all the way to state. Quite a feat from a team that got no respect coming into the season. On to the game and all...I think TJ and staff keep the Rebels in the game no matter who they play in 5A, I just don't understand how any team that makes it this far could be considered such underdogs. I'm not saying Franklin will win, or Riverdale either, I just think Franklin should get more respect than is shown on this thread. One interesting thing I noticed on here is that Coach Heimerdinger talked to TJ or something...basically that he was at that Franklin- Brentwood game. Well I noticed that the Titans ran a type of that Notre Dame box offense on a few running plays today against the Texans. Not out of the shotgun, but still it made me wonder.

Back to the Franklin-Riverdale game I hope to see tons of people come out, and I'm sure Franklin will pack their stands being 1st timers, and hope Riverdale fans support their team as well. Hopefully I'll be there with some old friends as well.

I know Riverdale has that turf advantage, or whatever, but I think ball control will be the biggest factor (as it should be) with Franklin eating up that clock to keep Riverdale's O off the feild. Franklin's D should hold strong, and I'm certain Riverdale's will too, but I like the fact that Franklin has beaten a team with a 4 star prospect at tailback headed for UT. All in all it should be a great game and I feel it will be a lot closer than people think with Franklin pulling an upset off...I bet this is a game where one or two big plays determine the outcome. Should be an interesting week...Good luck to both teams and GO REBELS

riverdales size scares me and im interested to see how coach johnson deals with it and im tired of hearing how fast riverdale is, well franklins pretty fast as well. Id like to see steven hotard get his cast off so he can hold on to tackles better cuz we are goign to need our linebackers to have a big night.

825456520[/snapback]

Y ea, Hotard broke his thumb pretty much off agaisnt Brentwood, so I don't think the cast is coming off. He sure wouldn't think twice about cutting it off though, this kid has enough heart for his whole team! Torn ligaments in his ankle since Antioch, broken thumb since Brentwood, and still playing high level football. Congrat's Rebels!!

Riverdale is expected to go. There is no excitement anymore. You can see it in the stands.....they are bored. In fact, I saw several at our games this year.

825456934[/snapback]

To be honest, the Smyrna and Cookeville crowds were a little disappointing considering that the weather was decent for this time of year. But the Oak Ridge crowd was the best i've seen for a while. Both sides were packed solid. Hopefully the crowd Saturday night will have that same kind of energy, on both sides.

Sportsguy was right about the 2002 game. I didn't realize that Riverdale was that outnumbered until I saw the tape after the game. I just assumed that our side just wasn't as loud. Maybe the combination of Riverdale haters and other teams fans is too hard to overcome and explains the discrepancy because it looked like Germantown brought a pretty big crowd over also last year.

No matter how many people from Williamson County come Saturday, it will definitely be more than Riverdale... over the last four years, I have been disappointed in the turnout for Riverdale's fans... 2002 was the worst... Brentwood outnumbered the Riverdale fans by almost 2-to-1... if I was a Riverdale player, I would hope for better support from my fanbase... let's hope those Murfreesboro people show it this Saturday... should make for a great atmosphere...

825456913[/snapback]

The Murfreesboro fans are not all for Riverdale - read the previous posts. Probably more in this town want them to lose than to win.

I understand what you're saying... but you were using fallacy to defend your point. But really, it doesn't matter. Ravenwood had to be built. It is in the past. Franklin is in the state championship playing Riverdale and that's what we should be talking about in this thread.

Franktown... I too have made a plea to all citizens of Franklin and Williamson County to join together behind the Franklin Rebels. It'll be truly a sight to behold to see the thousands of Williamson County residents that head over to MTSU on Saturday to cheer on the Rebels! This will be one of the most highly attended championship games in recent years.

825456652[/snapback]

And to get there, Brentwood had to be split.