CoachT's All-State Football Team

CoachT

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoachT, you'd better get V.G.'s input from the Jackson area or we'll never hear the end of it!  :lol:

825487702[/snapback]

That looks like a VERY respectable All state team CoachT. Much better than that crap the TFCA was able to come up with.

As with every allstate team there will be a few folks that got left off, but at least you can make good arguments for the ones who made it.

Nice job!! thumb

CoachT,

You have obviously done your research.  You had mentioned that you saw the kid from Alcoa play.  How many of these kids did you see in person?  I know there are several kids from Clinic Bowl or Blue Cross Bowl participants - Maryville, Aloca, Melrose, DCA, Riverdale, Franklin, etc.

I feel sure this team will generate some discussion.  BTW, can CPA get Mark Thompson another year of high school eligibility? :lol:

825488277[/snapback]

Not that many. 14 of the 24 but two of them was as sophomores. Most of the picks come from reading comments on here.

I'd like to see Grundy's linebacker Jeremy Melton in there. I believe his 186 tackles in 11 games was the most in the state in any class. As a junior he led Grundy with 135 in 12 games.

This season he's all state for the Coaches' team, the Sportswriters' team and was defensive player of the year for the Times Free Press All area team. He's also the defensive MVP for the region.

Add that the fact that he's an outstanding kid.

The fact that Jeremy wasn't even considered for Mr. Football shows there's flaws with those awards.

I'm glad to see you do a team. What would be cool would be for someone to make plaques for the winners. Anybody out there got a trophy company? You could probably get a free plug on the best web site in the world if you'd create some fancy plaques for the winners.

Merry Christmas.

Del.

Excellent job CoachT! As VG said, you may be able to argue onesies and twosies, but it is a well put together team that is well represented across the state and all classifications.

Personally, I wouldn't want to even try to put together just one 24-man team. But, I will agree with one poster.....the only one that shocked me was seeing Coker on the team. He only played about 6 games. There were a ton of great backs in the state this year to have selected somebody who only played part of the season.