CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D your right oland...Oakland is the only team that went through 2 a days the only team who worked their butt off in the offseason to bulk up and to get faster...matter of fact Oakland is the only one in the running for the title this year.... :lol:

These guys want it just as bad as anyone else does. Your a fool to think they dont. These guys will go out there just like every other team will next friday with the same goal... to win the game and it will be the same every Friday.

Uh NOOOOOOOO riverdaleman...you are NOT going to be the RHS Recruiter. The kids like you WAYYYYY too much. Nope it would have to be someone like Croach..... :unsure:

825714612[/snapback]

How do you know?

Now about winning state if it was truly a players desire to win state in footbal they would go to RIVERDALE.!!! NO DOUBT. i know a few guys that left RIVERDALE and went to blackman and instead of bragging about a big ring on his finger they are talking about a pass that got deflected.

As far as oakland thinking that they are going 15-0 that is fine with me!!! Their are some good kids who are confident in the ablities so they will be fine the important thing is how do you react if you lose and that goal is broken do you quit on the year? If i was oakland my first goal would be to win the region and then increase your goals as you accomplish them. At RIVERDALE we are spoiled and all we think about is winning state i wished that more people would realize their accomplishments and appreciate what we have at RIVERDALE a little more. Keep in mind we havent lost a region game since 95(Mt Juliet and it was NOT pass interference!)but i digress good luck on the year coming up and GO WARRIORS

How do you know?

Now about winning state if it was truly a players desire to win state in footbal they would go to RIVERDALE.!!!  NO DOUBT.  i know a few guys that left RIVERDALE and went to blackman and instead of bragging about a big ring on his finger they are talking about a pass that got deflected. 

As far as oakland thinking that they are going 15-0 that is fine with me!!! Their are some good kids who are confident in the ablities so they will be fine the important thing is how do you react if you lose and that goal is broken do you quit on the year?  If i was oakland my first goal would be to win the region and then increase your goals as you accomplish them.  At RIVERDALE we are spoiled and all we think about is winning state i wished that more people would realize their accomplishments and appreciate what we have at RIVERDALE a little more.  Keep in mind we havent lost a region game since 95(Mt Juliet and it was NOT pass interference!)but i digress good luck on the year coming up and GO WARRIORS

825715731[/snapback]

Eh well the 98 team didnt win the region and we saw how they did :unsure:

Oakland[/url]Grad' date='Aug 13 2005 - 11:44 PM']Eh well the 98 team didnt win the region and we saw how they did :unsure:

825715742[/snapback]

did anytting in my post say you had to win the region i know you do not have to win a region to win state but it is part of making the playoffs so let me rephrase my statement then, oakland should have a goal of finishing 4th in the region and then move on to your goal from there. Is that better?

did anytting in my post say you had to win the region i know you do not have to win a region to win state but it is part of making the playoffs so let me rephrase my statement then, oakland should have a goal of finishing 4th in the region and then move on to your goal from there.  Is that better?

825715746[/snapback]

eh well 4th doesnt sound too good, so ill just stick with making the playoffs

How do you know?

Now about winning state if it was truly a players desire to win state in footbal they would go to RIVERDALE.!!!  NO DOUBT.  i know a few guys that left RIVERDALE and went to blackman and instead of bragging about a big ring on his finger they are talking about a pass that got deflected. 

As far as oakland thinking that they are going 15-0 that is fine with me!!! Their are some good kids who are confident in the ablities so they will be fine the important thing is how do you react if you lose and that goal is broken do you quit on the year?  If i was oakland my first goal would be to win the region and then increase your goals as you accomplish them.  At RIVERDALE we are spoiled and all we think about is winning state i wished that more people would realize their accomplishments and appreciate what we have at RIVERDALE a little more.  Keep in mind we havent lost a region game since 95(Mt Juliet and it was NOT pass interference!)but i digress good luck on the year coming up and GO WARRIORS

825715731[/snapback]

How do I know??? Oh trust me......you would be REAL surprised at all I DO know.

Now..........I was on a team that had a losing season my jR year. We were 4-6. My senior year, we lost the first 5 games. The last 5 games were all crucial ones b/c they were our district ones. We didn't hang our heads, even tho our GOAL was to win the state and we had so far dug ourselves into a hole. We got into the play-offs and everyone thought we were going down as we had to play the #1 team in the state first round. They were looking ahead to the next week and laughed in our faces. Well....we took advantage of that fact and took it right back. We edged them out by ONE point down to the last second in fact ,and that was the biggest upset game in the state's history. That team was another Riverdale, cocky as heck and thinking they are untouchable. ( kind of like when DC rolled into town in 99) Anyway...to make one it short, that was the confidence booster that we needed to keep fighting. No one still took us seriously until we had the state title AND the ring. Now bear in mins that was over 30 yrs ago......but that Cinderella story is still a part of AMERICA and it can happen. Everything in life doesn't always go the way we want it...GOD places obstacles in our path. When you crash and burn.....it is up to you to pick yourself up and move on. It is what is in your heart and what kind of Faith you have that makes the man you are.

I guess in my usual roundabout way....riverdaleman....my boys won't crumble if they happen to lose a game. They kept their heads up and fought even with the 2-8 record from last year. Look at the posts from last year and you will see that just about every opponent commented on our ability to keep fighting and never quit/ I think it takes more out of a team and more out of the coaches to keep going in the face of adversity than it does to be a favorite every yr to win the state. I am behind my team all the way and you will never see me waver.

Well this is a personal note to ROBERT McCOLLUM in regards to the article about zone exemptions in the Tennesseasn today...........PLEASE PLEASE put your house on the market and SELL it...WE don't want your son at OHS.

Also.....it says that a principal in an over-crowded school should grant exemptions to a school that is NOT crowded. Take a look at Siegel's numbers and you will see that they should have granted Chucky Mc Cords' request to go to OHS. He is living in the OHS zone most of the week due to a situation with his grandmother's illness. I was VERY angry at that denial at first........however after hearing more about the player in question's ATTITUDE and cockiness...I decided we were fortunate to lose him and he is in the right place. We will WIN w/o him.

Edited by 2priceless