Alcoa Vs. Maryville

TnFootballfan

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Tornadofan15.... Man there seems to be alot of experts talking crap on here. Will the game be on the web or local radio only? Unfortunately I can't be there.

825724441[/snapback]

Unfortunately,

I think that it will be on local TV and Radio only.... unless 1470 AM has a webpage...You can check though!

Just what I would expect from the great MLREB.  :o ... Where are you gonna be sittin again? I gotta be able to see that look on your face after the game. :(

825724496[/snapback]

BTW....I responded to your mail last week. As I was sending it my laptop shut down so I don't know if you got it.

Speaking of crow maybe you can advise your pal how to cook it since you ate a truckload and a half last year.

Back row on about the 30 yard line....

Glad everyone is so confident. I have seen enough of Alcoa this year to know better. :(

where have all these johnny come lately Alcoa posters came from ?? for years we had about 2 or 3 Alcoa posters on this site , but i guess they've all got their hopes up because all the press from 2 prospects .  i hope all of you new Alcoa posters don't leave if you do get beat , i'm enjoying all of this smack talk .  :o

ya revjj1 , ya got us figured out , MARYVILLE'S too SKEERED to play the big boys like you all !! thumb

825724449[/snapback]

All I will say is this. Maryville is a 4A school and Alcoa is a 2A school; based on that alone Maryville should WIN EVERY YEAR. But, they don't and the reason why Alcoa beats Maryville; even if it is once every 5 years is because Alcoa has the better athletes. Always has and always will. You should be embarrased that you lose to a 2A school as often as you do.

Tell me, who is the last NFL player that Maryville has produced??????

All I will say is this.  Maryville is a 4A school and Alcoa is a 2A school; based on that alone Maryville should WIN EVERY YEAR.  But, they don't and the reason why Alcoa beats Maryville; even if it is once every 5 years is because Alcoa has the better athletes.  Always has and always will.  You should be embarrased that you lose to a 2A school as often as you do.

Tell me, who is the last NFL player that Maryville has produced??????

825724540[/snapback]

sooo , in your world , the NFL is proof of the better team ??? ok thumb

Well first off, let's be glad for Maryville's sake, that you aren't in charge of scheduling. You got to remember, Alcoa has got to travel to McCallie too this year, so even if it wasn't worth going to play a perennial power in KY, then at least the team won't be freaked out by a long road trip. Personally, I would much rather get the first game jitters out, so Alcoa doesn't start really playing until they are down 14-0 in the second quarter of the biggest game in the last couple of years.

Secondly, Your saying that Alcoa has never had better atheletes than Maryville? That's preposterous. I've known you to make some silly statements, but that is way out in left field even for you.

Third, has Alcoa ever played Melrose? Do you know what would happen? Let's see, if ya'll beat them by one, and you beat us by twelve...hmm seems like to me, that we would still be in the game if we played them.

C'mon FBE you complain about people talking w/o knowing what they are saying, but you , my friend, are doing the same thing.

825724491[/snapback]

Now I did not say or mean to imply that Maryville has always had better athletes than Alcoa has had. So if that was your take on my post, I didn’t make my point. I believe Alcoa has the better athletes this year. In fact MHS is becoming known for defeating teams with better athletes. With the exception of the 98 class, Maryville has won 5 State Championships vs. teams with better athletes IMO. Not taking anything away from many kids who have played for Maryville, but getting ready to take on a more gifted team has become a norm for Maryville, as the coaching staff has developed kids who play as a team and do what in necessary to make the TEAM better overall. And the success speaks for itself.

Some see the trip to Hop Town as a plus; I happen to see it as a negative. Hop town is not expected to be a KY power by the way from what I have read. I do agree getting a game under ones belt is a plus but playing week zero should be against the rules IMO.

My thought that if you think Alcoa could match up with Melrose this or last year your smoking something, stands. Melrose had more athletes on the field than any team I have ever seen in Tennessee football. That group had the type athletes Alcoa has never seen and Maryville very rarely sees. We had a D1 QB get shut down nearly completely in the passing attack vs. Melrose and that made the game close. Even GQ would not go for the field goals because he believed Maryville was going to be able to pass on Melrose, in fact we did not do to well there. Defense ruled the day for both teams as you know. I think the same is going to happen in Fridays match ups of two of the states best programs, Alcoa and Maryville.

Interesting... We've now heard from at least two Oak Ridgers. One said Alcoa; one said Maryville. I'm a big fan of the common opponent comparison.

What's your reasoning Cardinal? ps - sorry to hear about the vandalism up there

825724591[/snapback]

Speaking of vandalism, I hope the kids from MHS and AHS keep the game fun. Destroying taxpayer properety is a crime and makes the commuinity look small and stupid.

Ditto the part about Melrose. It is easy to say you don't know what would happen when you are never going to play them. Trust me Alcoa does not want to. They had a 275 pound defensive tackle running our backs down and he is still there along with a bunch of others. Melrose is my pick for the title this year. Another poster said Maryville has never seen a team like this Alcoa team. With the exception of Shiverdecker is this not basically the same team as last year? Granted another year older but I would put the two Hillsboro teams, Melrose, and some of the Central teams we have played at least even with this Alcoa team. These posts are dripping with the same hypocrisy as usual. "You've have never seen a team like this one" and then "A 4A team should never lose to a 2A team". That way win or lose these Tornado supporters have their bases covered. Like they say if you are going to talk the talk.................

Okay, we got a little bit out there for a few minutes. Let's not forget that these two teams have earned one another's mutual respect over the years...disparity in the number of wins notwithstanding.

It's way too early in the season to get pulled into that 2A vs 4A debate. We might as well start throwing in some Maryville recruiting scandals or suggesting that MHS money was responsible for the poor officiating up in HopTown. C'mon...

Yes, defense will be the key in this game. Last year's team at Maryville had one of the best offenses I've seen in high school ever. Last year's Melrose team has the best high school defense I've seen...EVER. What I learned in that game is that a good defense really can beat a good offense. The Maryville defense proved to be almost equally as daunting against a less-talented offense. Maryville's defense is returning a lot of guys who saw a lot of time last season. That being the case, I think I've got to give the defensive edge to the Rebels. Also, if BW does not play, that frees the defense up to do a lot more things and I have to think that it also limits some of Alcoa's offensive options.

I think it will be showdown. I think that all those big name offensive guys we are talking about might also prove to be smaller factors in the game as it becomes a defensive struggle. Look to see a LB or DL get the MVP.

By the way, is anyone besides Logan Love capable of bringing down Ryan Tallent by himself?