Alcoa Vs. Maryville

TnFootballfan

Looks like you have bought into the talent rules over coaching. These players just where born FB stars. I sure it had nothing to do with the hard work in the weight room or the hours of practice, oh maybe a little coaching. Also, Im sure that GQ has no talent on his team right? he wins it soley on his coaching!

Yes Alcoa has developed some very good players just as Maryville has develop some very good players. Having a plan then identifing each players skills/talent,  and then implementing it within the teams goal is coaching.

What's bothers me is that the media and most others who do not have a clue, think that talent can win by itself.

After this year, the clueless will have no case!

thumb

825727339[/snapback]

Well this year is over. Who is clueless now friend?????????

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At halftime

171 rushing yards for Maryville on rushing

76 yards passing for the Rebels

28 total yards for Alcoa

825728759[/snapback]

Not sure about team totals but Tallent and Baker both had over 100 yards and two tds each. Looks like the Duck and Deck show got cancelled after a short run. Oh well thats show biz. Hunt was 8-10 for 98 yards and a TD. To have so many weapons Alcoa sure does not have much imagination offensively. Feigler was running for his life. It is basically either up the gut, a sweep, or a fade route. Reid did let his hair down once and ran a reverse that got blown up for about a 5 yard loss. You always know when they are running the sweep because the fullback steps up in motion and moves toward the side where the ball is going. Maryville's coaches put on a clinic. How many Alcoa fans thought Hunt would outplay Feigler? Most of Alcoa's real estate came late when the game was no longer in doubt. And before you start if there are any Alcoa fans still booing about the onsides kick they thought they had the ball has to go ten yards! I had a clear shot and an Alcoa player hit it at the 48 yard line. I hope Alcoa goes 14-1 again I really do but anyone who thinks this is the best team in the state regardless of classification you just got a wakeup call.

Maryville has a great team. Alcoa has a great team. A 4A great team almost always beats a great 2A team. Good luck to Alcoa and their tough schedule. I wish you were still playing Heritage and William Blount. Hope Alcoa goes 14-1 but I will be shocked because McCallie will be better than Maryville. 13-2 for a 2A school is pretty darn good...especially when you look at the schedule.

Maryville once again dominated Alcoa. The Rebels scored on their first drive and never looked back with Ryan Tallent taking it 55 yards for a TD. Maryville then kicked an on sides kick, recovered and drove it and scored again. After a three and out by Alcoa and a sack of Feigler Maryville was driving again when they fumbled at the Alcoa 20. Derek Hunt hit Tyler Maples for a TD pass late in the first half and it was 21-0 at the half. After stopping Alcoa again Maryville blocked a punt and drove it short for a 28-0 lead and for all practical purposes it was over. Dustin Lindsey scored Alcoa's first td on a 55 yard run with 5 minutes left in the third quarter and that was the first time Alcoa saw the Maryville side of the 50 yard line. Ryan Tallent had 132 yards and two tds and Tank Baker had over 100 yards and two scores as well. Hunt was 8-10 for 98 yards and a td. The Maryville defense frustrated the alcoa offense much of the first half and sacked feigler two or three times. Brandon Warren is a great player but I don't think he would have made up three tds. Much of Alcoa's offensive success came after Maryville started to substitute freely. Maryville was well coached, well prepared and it showed.

825728766[/snapback]

you would think all the mouthy Alcoa fans would be here...where are they? maybe licking there wounds...lol

great job Maryville...as always Maryville is going to be GREAT!!!! GQ is an awesome coach. That onside kick threw Alcoa off....then just all downhill from there! Maryville and Alcoa will both do great in their season but as always Maryville is a GREAT program!

Alcoa and Maryville....both of you all bring home a state champ. to blount county again!!!! thumb

Maryville whipped our butts , no doubt about it. I will humbly congratulate them on their victory. Alcoa was way out coached. I was impressed by the both offensive and defensive lines. And I was impressed by Tank Baker. It is hard to believe that he was in that serious car accident , what three months ago. Dustin Lindsey ran hard for Alcoa and I do not understand why you would not try to put the ball in his hands more. On defense Bart Hicks had a heckuva game. Anyway congrats to the Red Rebels. Win state!! :(

you would think all the mouthy Alcoa fans would be here...where are they? maybe licking there wounds...lol

825728899[/snapback]

You know the only mouth I've seen on the site has been the Maryville fans. Yea, you won the game, but just remember these are teenage kids playing their hearts out for a sport they love. They did get beat. But just remember most of us are adults on this site. Be careful about what you say on here, the kids are checking the site too. Know one could possible know how bad they feel. They kept their cool all week and just worked hard to get ready. They got beat....end of statement. They don't need punches at them to make them feel worse. My son gave it 110% with not as much back up as I expected from the rest of the team. I'm sure they feel horrible. I've noticed that the biggest rivels between these two teams are students from the70's and early 80's......mhs must be from those years because he has way too big of a chip on his shoulder. My observation.