Oswalt and Lidge dominated Cards. This is why the Stros are so scary. Got to win at least 1 in Houston. Hope Reg is OK. Mulder pitched well, but Oswalt was better. Don't have a good feeling about the Morris/Clemens matchup. Guess we'll see saturday.

Both series tied 1-1, both could go 7.

Reg is 50/50 for Sat.

I'm scared to death of Saturday's matchup. Maybe we can get the pre All-star break/old Matty Mo on the mound. To be completely honest, I'd much rather Suppan throw this game because he thrives in these pressure situations. I'm just scared he may have pressure to the exetreme in Game 4.

I am counting on the bats to fail for Clemmons on Sat, just as they have done all season long. The Astros have failed the man as a team, and it's kind of sad. The score of this game could easily be a 1-0 win for STL. I expect Morris to pitch great, but we have to have Reggie back in the lineup, not just for his bat, but for the confidence that he has been giving the fans and the team. Take Walker out, and put in Taguchi or J-ROD, he is absolutely KILLING us with all the strikeouts.

Bottom line, Eckstein and Edmonds MUST get on base and give Pujols and Sanders a chance to knock in some runs. We could have easily scored four or five runs last night if we could have got our leadoff men on base.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am counting on the bats to fail for Clemmons on Sat, just as they have done all season long. The Astros have failed the man as a team, and it's kind of sad. The score of this game could easily be a 1-0 win for STL. I expect Morris to pitch great, but we have to have Reggie back in the lineup, not just for his bat, but for the confidence that he has been giving the fans and the team. Take Walker out, and put in Taguchi or J-ROD, he is absolutely KILLING us with all the strikeouts.

Bottom line, Eckstein and Edmonds MUST get on base and give Pujols and Sanders a chance to knock in some runs. We could have easily scored four or five runs last night if we could have got our leadoff men on base.

Dear lord, no J-rod in right field! His defensive skills plus Morris on the mound would put me into cardiac arrest at 25! He scares me catching a routene fly ball, much less anything else. But yes, I wouldn't mind seeing Taguchi out there. I don't really think at this point he might be a better player.

Eck's doing his job. Edmonds left 4 guys on last night. If Taguchi is in the lineup, I wouldn't mine seeing him bat 2 and move Edmonds down in the order.

As for Matty Mo, the short porch in left plus the number of home runs he gives up just scares me. I really wish Suppan was pitching this game, but I'll sit there, not breathe for 3 hours again.

Oh yeah, and if it does go 7, Game 7 will be Matty Mo vs. Clemens. :thumb:

Dear lord, no J-rod in right field! His defensive skills plus Morris on the mound would put me into cardiac arrest at 25! He scares me catching a routene fly ball, much less anything else. But yes, I wouldn't mind seeing Taguchi out there. I don't really think at this point he might be a better player.

Eck's doing his job. Edmonds left 4 guys on last night. If Taguchi is in the lineup, I wouldn't mine seeing him bat 2 and move Edmonds down in the order.

As for Matty Mo, the short porch in left plus the number of home runs he gives up just scares me. I really wish Suppan was pitching this game, but I'll sit there, not breathe for 3 hours again.

Oh yeah, and if it does go 7, Game 7 will be Matty Mo vs. Clemens. :thumb:

:) Haha

Trust me, I know how you feel. I scared my dog last night because I was yelling at the TV. I'm only twenty-one, and I have about had a heart-attack twice in two days. :P

:) Haha

Trust me, I know how you feel. I scared my dog last night because I was yelling at the TV. I'm only twenty-one, and I have about had a heart-attack twice in two days. :)

My fiance told me Saturday at the UT game I was going to have a heart attack because of a sporting event. I figured if I have to go, I might as well do it doing what I love.

Last year during game 6 and 7 of the NLCS I threw up a minimum of 10 times becasue I was so nervous, no lie. The fiance lives in Knoxville, and she MADE me go to a bar to watch game 7 because she was worried about me and what I might do if we lost if I watched it home alone. (Consequently when Boston swept us, she just said "I'll talk to you tomorrow" and hung up on me! :) )

And yeah, my cat (fiance determined I needed her when I moved) has figured out when to not bother me during sporting events and goes in other rooms. <_<

Must win today. cardinals msut fight off injuries and get good pitching from Suppan today. A W today with Carpenter in game 5 and back home with Mulder in game 6 sounds doable. Down 3-1 facing Pettitte, Oswalt and Clemens sound like a suicide mission.

Barring anything short of a complete change in play, and possibly a miracle, it's over.

What a wasted season. :blink:

Cardinal fans can now join the Braves fans sitting at home wondering how the Astros just put them out of the playoffs. The answer is power pitching. Something neither the Braves and Cardinals have, and something the Astros have plenty of.

Cardinal fans can sit home hoping the Cardinals can pull off 3 straight. With Carpenter tonight, a W and go back home down 3-2 like last year who knows, but it does look bleak and not likely to happen.

The difference in Cardinal and Brave fans is if they lose 1 more to the Astros, it will be a disappointment and a wasted 100 win season, not "they won the division and had the best record in baseball", that means nothing if they lose now.

While Brave fans will go around proudly proclaiming their Division Championship, Cardinal fans will say, another year gone without a (real) championship.

Must win today. cardinals msut fight off injuries and get good pitching from Suppan today. A W today with Carpenter in game 5 and back home with Mulder in game 6 sounds doable. Down 3-1 facing Pettitte, Oswalt and Clemens sound like a suicide mission.

"Whatever it takes"

Cardinal fans can now join the Braves fans sitting at home wondering how the Astros just put them out of the playoffs. The answer is power pitching. Something neither the Braves and Cardinals have, and something the Astros have plenty of.

Apparantly you haven't watched the NLCS. BOTH teams have power pitching. The runs and the ERAs don't lie. The Astros scored a max of four runs in two games, but one came on an error, and others came from terrible calls. I won't make excuses, and I hate doing so, but everyone that has watched the NLCS and the ALCS can say that the Umps have not done even a fair job. For example: Did you see the strike zone yesterday in Houston?!?! It was anywhere from the batters feet to the top of his head, and about five feet away from the batter. I could have pitched against the Cards last night and been successfull.

And what was with throwing Edmonds out. Did he insult the guys mother or something? He didn't seem to do anything wrong. He just walked to the Ump. and simply stated his opinion. He wasn't in his face or trying to cause a scene. Doesn't make sense at all. I do have to stand beside LaRussa. He had every right to argue the calls last night.

Cardinal fans can sit home hoping the Cardinals can pull off 3 straight. With Carpenter tonight, a W and go back home down 3-2 like last year who knows, but it does look bleak and not likely to happen.

The difference in Cardinal and Brave fans is if they lose 1 more to the Astros, it will be a disappointment and a wasted 100 win season, not "they won the division and had the best record in baseball", that means nothing if they lose now.

While Brave fans will go around proudly proclaiming their Division Championship, Cardinal fans will say, another year gone without a (real) championship.

Dont be crying and putting your problems off on the Braves fans! By making the statement you made, all you are doing is trying to divert the attention of the Cards horrible play to the shortcomings of the Braves! I am not a Cards fan, but I dont think the Cards are done with the sticks and solid pitching due up, this couyld go to 7 games, but you on the other hand have done given up on your own team, did you see the Braves or there fans give up? NO, I think what you saw was 18 innings and 6 hours of some of the finest baseball you will ever see! And no matter what you say to try and ruffle the feathers of the Braves fans, the Braves still have a more recent championship than the Cards!

Anyways, the Cards are not done, they just have to start swinging the bat like they did in the regular season!