Rumors afloat in BGA

cowboys

Since Catfish and co. don't have the nads to post the rumors about Tim J. I will fill everyone in. Rumor is going around that the MBA coach is going to leave for a college coordinator position. Tim is going to make a run at that position. That is the rumor anyways.

As far as BGA not for sure what is going on. I would like to know from Catfish if there is any truth to the rumor of Scott Smith applying.

Also the one person whose name doesn't seem to be coming up that applyed is Rector at the state champion Ravenwood.

I would think it would be Rankin. Funny thing is Brentwood is going to be effected no matter what. If Rankin gets it then Crawford goes back to riverdale. If Crawford gets it then Daniels would probably step in at Brentwood. And of course there is Daniels who is still a viable candidate for BGA.

The rumor Johnson turned it down is just that a rumor. Remeber any coach worth his weight is going to get his assistant coaches lined up before taking the position. Then there is the problem of what to do with Moore who is in charge of the weight room I think. The new head coach is going to want the weightroom.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Catfish and co. don't have the nads to post the rumors about Tim J. I will fill everyone in. Rumor is going around that the MBA coach is going to leave for a college coordinator position. Tim is going to make a run at that position. That is the rumor anyways.

That’s always possible when you’re talking about a former NFL player with previous major college coaching experience, but if I were Tim Johnson, I wouldn’t hold out for the MBA job for a variety of reasons, the least of which is that there aren’t many coordinator jobs that are going to provide the combination of quality of life and salary that the MBA job provides Jeff Rutledge.

The rumor is a natural one given Rutledge’s pedigree; while I hope it doesn’t come true, it goes with the territory of having a coach with his credentials.

The rumor was about Rutledge going to Virginia and it's not going to happen.

That’s always possible when you’re talking about a former NFL player with previous major college coaching experience, but if I were Tim Johnson, I wouldn’t hold out for the MBA job for a variety of reasons, the least of which is that there aren’t many coordinator jobs that are going to provide the combination of quality of life and salary that the MBA job provides Jeff Rutledge.

The rumor is a natural one given Rutledge’s pedigree; while I hope it doesn’t come true, it goes with the territory of having a coach with his credentials.

Yes, the quality of life at MBA would be good and the salary (180,000.00 est.) is great for a high school football coach/athletic director. However, the coordinator job at a major university would pay a minium of 300,000.00. What is Cutcliff making at Tennessee now? Is it not in the 500,000 range?

Yes, the quality of life at MBA would be good and the salary (180,000.00 est.) is great for a high school football coach/athletic director. However, the coordinator job at a major university would pay a minium of 300,000.00. What is Cutcliff making at Tennessee now? Is it not in the 500,000 range?

The money is significantly higher for a coordinator job at a major college. I was opining more so that the major bump in time commitment/travel/pressure could be a factor in determining whether to accept an offer from a major college program. It's probably a no-brainer for a kid in his 20s making $20K or so a year to take a two or three times bump in pay for a "better" job; the older, more seasoned worker, with a long history of yearly income higher than most Americans, may not be as influenced by higher pay (from what is already a large base) yet also greater responsibilities.

With that said, I'd bet that Coach Rutledge has the makeup to make such a step. As an MBA fan, though, I'd like to keep him. Only Coach Rutledge knows what's best for him and his family; whatever he decides now or later, I respect.

Edited by rollredroll

The money is significantly higher for a coordinator job at a major college. I was opining more so that the major bump in time commitment/travel/pressure could be a factor in determining whether to accept an offer from a major college program. It's probably a no-brainer for a kid in his 20s making $20K or so a year to take a two or three times bump in pay for a "better" job; the older, more seasoned worker, with a long history of yearly income higher than most Americans, may not be as influenced by higher pay (from what is already a large base) yet also greater responsibilities.

With that said, I'd bet that Coach Rutledge has the makeup to make such a step. As an MBA fan, though, I'd like to keep him. Only Coach Rutledge knows what's best for him and his family; whatever he decides now or later, I respect.

He's not going anywhere.

I think you're grasping here...I assume you are refering to BA...that one is already nicely wrapped with pretty paper,a big red bow and a tag that says "To: Kent Austin"....done deal. The thing I don't get is this...if the Johnsons like there where they are living enough to not move back to her hometown (Pulaski), why would they move back to his(Fayetteville)?...and if he is tired of the drive (as everyone on here is assuming), he certainly wouldn't commute to LCHS...Maybe...and I'm grasping here, I know...just maybe he took the GCHS job because he wanted it. :lol: Why is everybody assuming he wants out?

Don't be so sure. I do think BA would lean toward an alum like KA but Johnson

could be in the mix when the time comes if hasn't already made his "big" move. And no, I'm not grasping.

Completely different reasons for not moving to Pulaski as opposed to Fayetteville.

Fayetteville is much more feasible than Pulaski.

I think you're grasping here...I assume you are refering to BA...that one is already nicely wrapped with pretty paper,a big red bow and a tag that says "To: Kent Austin"....done deal. The thing I don't get is this...if the Johnsons like there where they are living enough to not move back to her hometown (Pulaski), why would they move back to his(Fayetteville)?...and if he is tired of the drive (as everyone on here is assuming), he certainly wouldn't commute to LCHS...Maybe...and I'm grasping here, I know...just maybe he took the GCHS job because he wanted it. :lol: Why is everybody assuming he wants out?

Johnson has a better chance at the Patriots head job than the MBA job.