Top 10 in 1A

culleokarep

:P

Culleoka is a pretty good Single A team. They could easily never make it out of the region.

I hear that. Does anyone forget who's in 12-A ? Even though they're having a rough year, don't count out Perry County when tourney time comes. How many times have we seen the # 4 team take out the # 1 in region play? (many). All this talk & speculation does little to affect the game where it's WIN--YOU GO ON, LOSE YOU GO HOME.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys I've followed this thing for a while, and here is why this entire thread and every list on here is a complete joke. The only regions people know about on here are their own.

Perfect example: not only has Friendship Christian not been on ANYONE'S top ten list, they haven't even been discussed or mentioned. I've seen Clay County as high as #2 on some people's lists, and FCS has beaten them twice, and convincingly both times.

I'm not even going to pretend that I have a grasp on it...so why don't we get people from different regions to name their top two teams, and we can go from there.

at least then everyone gets mentioned and we don't have the bias of a bunch from the same region waxing poetic about how good their teams are.

Ok guys I've followed this thing for a while, and here is why this entire thread and every list on here is a complete joke. The only regions people know about on here are their own.

Perfect example: not only has Friendship Christian not been on ANYONE'S top ten list, they haven't even been discussed or mentioned. I've seen Clay County as high as #2 on some people's lists, and FCS has beaten them twice, and convincingly both times.

I'm not even going to pretend that I have a grasp on it...so why don't we get people from different regions to name their top two teams, and we can go from there.

at least then everyone gets mentioned and we don't have the bias of a bunch from the same region waxing poetic about how good their teams are.

http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?s=&show...ost&p=825918652

I've mentioned them. ;)

I'm not sure if Friendship is just not getting the hype they deserve or if Clay County is getting to much. FCA beat Clay twice but Clay also has a loss to Unaka I think and unaka has a solid ball team but really isn't as strong as they usually are. I haven't seen any teams to far to middle or west play but the top 5 in the east are

1.Cosby

2. Grace

3. Temple

4. CSAS

5. Rockwood / Oliver Springs

With U.C. beating one of the top ranked teams among the larger schools in Haywood Co.,I would think that should show even more how tough our district is and if everyone would look at all our records and the teams U.C. has played and Lake Co only losing to one Single A team and Humboldt beating U.C.,,that all 3 of these teams should be ranked in the top 10.....Along with Middle College!

Wheather Union City makes it to the Boro or not, there is certainly tradtion in the purple and gold. Winners of 3 GOLD BALLS 90, 92, and 97, (wins over MLK,Knoxville Austin East, and Memphis Melrose, led by Cedric Wilson, who is playing in tomorrows Super Bowl) i cant think of a better run since the 97 team in any state tourney. South Fulton won a state championship a few years ago. The 3rd school in Obion County would be the REBELS of Obion Central,who won the state championship 20 years ago in what some call the biggest upset in state tourney history over ,Knoxville Austin East. Led by Cannon Whitby,yes the son of Lake County coach,Jimmy Whitby. and by the way he graduated from Union City, and is in the Union City Hall of fame.All three schools from this county have won state championships. Not bad.................

Speedy....You may be right about Freindship Christian,I don't know....That's why these polls are bogus....Nobody sees all the teams play....The only way people see what other teams in the state does is monitor web-sites like CoachT....I try to give as much information about Union City and district 14A as I can because the west Tennessee media isn't doing it.....Your idea about naming the top 2 teams may be a good one...But,then what do you do about a district like 14A that have THREE legitimate 1A title contenders???.....Union City,Lake County and Humboldt are ALL 20 game winners,they enter Monday nights play still without the Top 3 seeds for the district tourney settled....Union City ended last year with a 31-3 record and the state's number 1 ranking in AA...Humboldt went to the AA state tournament last year and Lake County lost a razor close game to Middleton in Middleton in the sub-state game..Middleton as you know went on to earn the Gold Ball in the 'Boro...Now with all that said,this district also has the defending 1A state runner-up,Trenton Peabody,who is still a very formidable opponent,along with the Halls Tigers,who would probably challenge McKenzie(state ranked)for their district's championship.....Union City has played,among others,Bolivar,Liberty and Haywood County twice..I don't know of ANY teams in Tennessee in 1A that has played the schedule Union City has and they are 22-7...Lake County has won 25 or 26 games and Humboldt has around 24 wins.....

I saw where you said you had been watching this thread and just now waited to post.....That's not a good thing if you want info on your team spread throughout the state..Alot of sports writers keep track of teams by looking at this web site.....Post your numbers and opinions about Freindship Christain so other people around the state know something about them....

But that is the fun; waxing poetic about your own team. Then hoping they don't get waxed by the other guys own team. :thumb:

I agree with the fact that FCS needs to get some much deserved respect. They beat the brakes off of Clay at Clay County without Walden in the lineup but the game at FCS was very tight and it could have went either way. Bottom line is they have beaten them twice and thus at this point deserved to be ranked higher than they are. However i do remember that they OWNED Clay County last year in the regular season as well and when the two teams met in the Region Clay beat them by double digits. So i guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out as i don't see anyone beating either of these two teams in the region. :thumb:

I agree with the fact that FCS needs to get some much deserved respect. They beat the brakes off of Clay at Clay County without Walden in the lineup but the game at FCS was very tight and it could have went either way. Bottom line is they have beaten them twice and thus at this point deserved to be ranked higher than they are. However i do remember that they OWNED Clay County last year in the regular season as well and when the two teams met in the Region Clay beat them by double digits. So i guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out as i don't see anyone beating either of these two teams in the region. ;)

Devil'who will our region catch in substate (who are top teams in whatever region

we will face)