District 10 A

AllCountyPatriot5815

Will had to have thrown a lot of pitches to thrown 7 innings and have 8 BBs!

Yeah he really wasn't on top of his game yesterday but he had a solid "D" behind him and we got the job done. Chantz has really stepped up at cather these last 2 games. We went down to Cleveland Park today and beat East Lit. 10-5...was a good game but never really close after we put up 5 in the 2nd inning, pretty much just smooth sailing for us. I think we scored 8 off of Ayers in 4 innings and 2 off of Teasley in 3. There field was really muddy and we were just slipping all over the place, prolly would have won worse but both teams play in the same conditions. Anthony Coffee pitched a complete game today giving up 4 hits with 4 k's. Alot of BB's but the umpire was by far the worst i have seen all year, he was the same for both teams so it was hard for both teams to get a strike called all day. So who all else played, nobody is posting anymore so i don't know any results. Looks like we are going to finish 5th even though we have only lost 5 games in district play, everybody is just so even so it really doesn't matter what seeds we all get.

FINAL SCORE AGAIN-

East Robertson-10

East Literature-5

East Robertson Overall-12-10

District-8-5

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt say that the seedings mean nothing....some teams match up against others better depending on pitching and other things...i havent been posting becuase we havent had many games this week...just the whh and hume fogg game both of which we won...not overwhelming wins but wins none the less...i think seedings matter in that maybe not 1st round but 2nd round match-ups are key...because im assuming except for whoever plays mcewen will pitch there best...i dont know...frankly i just know that we HAVE to win out to get 1st....with houston losing 3 games though east25 we have the oppurtunity of beating them twice and yall slipping into the 4th spot...because that would give them 5 losses and i believe they still play ca twice which will royaly screw one or both of those teams seedings because both are hanging on like a thread for the 1 and 2 seeds but you could say the same about us and jo byrns as well..right now we are all tied with 3 losses...and the game against jo byrns will obvisously give an indication of who might be taking the season title....should be a good game especially on their field....but lets say we lose to them, well they should be sitting comfortable in 1st but well see...i have been getting the impression though they have not played to their standards but honestly we havent either....if it was not for our defense and pitching we would lose many games lately.....east25 give me a shout sometime and we can really talk baseball because of our coacht policy i feel as though i must hold back...615-364-3797...

Congrats to East Robertson for their 10-5 win over East Lit. An ugly game on an ugly day on an ugly field with an ugly umpire. I'm just glad we got the game in. East Lit finishes 5-9 in the regular season district. East Robertson improves to 8-5 with one game left. Good luck to everyone. See you next week.

Appreciate the comment, yeah yesterday was one of those days that just didn't feel like a good baseball day. I think both teams weren't really in the BASEBALL mood to play like everyone usually is when it is hot and sunny outside. I know that it was hard to get set in the batters box, so you wasn't really comfortable swinging the bat yesterday, at least not for me. Good luck to East Lit. in the tourney! Well we got Portland today at there place and even though its not a district game coach is going to go down there today and really play to win. He usually pitches a freshman or 8th grader aganist non-district oppenents but today he is going to bring 1 of our 4 best. So who all else in action today, i know we're not the only ones playing. Dave we're playing really good right now and hey the district tournaments start next Saturday not Friday so maybe you could make it up here and watch us. Maybe or maybe not, just let us know whats up!

Appreciate the comment, yeah yesterday was one of those days that just didn't feel like a good baseball day. I think both teams weren't really in the BASEBALL mood to play like everyone usually is when it is hot and sunny outside. I know that it was hard to get set in the batters box, so you wasn't really comfortable swinging the bat yesterday, at least not for me. Good luck to East Lit. in the tourney! Well we got Portland today at there place and even though its not a district game coach is going to go down there today and really play to win. He usually pitches a freshman or 8th grader aganist non-district oppenents but today he is going to bring 1 of our 4 best. So who all else in action today, i know we're not the only ones playing. Dave we're playing really good right now and hey the district tournaments start next Saturday not Friday so maybe you could make it up here and watch us. Maybe or maybe not, just let us know whats up!

If its on Saturday then hopefully I can make it! You Know I must talk with Mrs. A first, but I do not think that would be a problem! Sounds like things are shaping up nicely! I hope ya'll can hit on all aspects of your game come tournaments! Give everyone my best! Ya'll are still my boys, and will be until your graduate! Then hopefully you and many others will move on the bigger and better things! I will try my best to be there!

Yeah we are now 7-5 in the district with our 5-4 victory at Houston Co. today, so that puts them at 7-3 with only 4 games left. So yeah i'm pretty sure now that we are going to get a #4 or #5 seed with CA, NCS, and Jo Byrns getting the top 3, i believe NCS can beat Houston Co. but i just don't know how things are going to be played out. Our district is really dangerous because i believe every team besides McEwen maybe has at least 1 great pitcher. With i would say ours, NCS, and Jo Byrns the deepest. Well just thought i would inform everybody on the score of the game today. We'll know exactly how the seeds are and who we are playing next Friday for sure. The tourney does start May 5th...is that correct or is it another date, somebody let me know. Did anybody else play today besides us?

Houston Co. 3 0 0 0 1 0 0= 4 3 0

East Rob. 0 1 0 1 1 2 1= 5 10 0

Would someone from Houston County and Clarksville Academy please update your schedules and let the rest of us know what your records are for the district. Either a coach or a parent maybe a player on both of these teams could take just a few minutes and update your schedules. Most teams only have a few more games to play so it shouldn't be that complicated. Good luck to all the teams in district 10A leading up to tournament time. This year has turned out to be just what I thought it would be .....a very tight race for the top position opening up the district tournament. The way everyone is playing right now ....its open for anyone to win this thing. Pitching will be very important. Good luck to all teams...look forward to seeing everyone at NCS and having a great time.

Houston Co. was 8-2 entering today, and CA was 9-3 entering today.

Jo Byrns took two from Mcewen 10-0 and 11-6 to move to 10-3 w/ one game left tomorrow against NCS. This could possibly be for the top to the second seed.

Houston Co. is 8-3 in the district because we beat them twice and i know Jo Byrns beat them once. They still have to play NCS twice is what one of there players told me the other day. We have 1 district game left against CA, big game, other big games in the next 5 days....Jo Byrns vs. NCS, NCS vs. Houston Co., us vs. CA..after these games we will know the pairings and who is going to match up against who in the district tournament. NCS big week for yall, yall could lose 2 to Houston Co. and drop down with us at 5 losses. Even 6 if yall lost to Jo Byrns tomorrow. Well good luck to all!

East Robertson- Overall (12-11)

District (8-5) 1 left vs. CA