Vince Young IS A TITAN

Gerry,we'd better get ready to hear a lot more people screaming about Leinart after the season starts.He will appear to prove people's point cause he will probably be more successful faster cause he's on a better team.A team with better receivers,a better running game(it would appear pre-season) and a team that is ready to go to the playoffs now! Also he won't have to play early on a mediocre(at best) team as a rookie.

I still like the Titans pick though. I believe Vince can be a real NFL QB.He's no Kordell Stewart!(I'm suprised no one's tried to compare him to Slash!)

THE SQUAD :thumb:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think it is going to set the Titans back another 2-3 years before they are playoff worthy again (and that it if he does pan out), and I can't see the fans putting up with losing records for that long.

injuries and losing just about every significant player (in the past) that we had set us back a few years. 2 years in a row titans have been the youngest team in the NFL. looks to be the case this year also. i think with the little experience they have they will still manage a playoff season. no matter what, they are set for the future, especially if mcnair is gone (i love mcnair but his contract is huge that money can be used to keep the younger guys around longer). i dont think they will get swept by any team in their division this year and will contend for their division title.

things definately are looking up in the offseason, hopefully it will hold true for the actual season

Mark it down: Matt Leinhart = Bust. He will be making TV movies within a decade. Jay Cutler is the best quarterback in the draft, he excelled in the SEC with a team that belonged in the SoCon.

Matt leinart will have a super bowl ring before either Manning brother, why because he is a winner, and winners aren't hard to find - they've got all the gold.

Edited by 5A football fan

Leinart will have a ring before young will. Leinart has talent around him. Vince has talent building...give it time, they are thinking kind of long term, but not really. I wanted Cutler, but his percentage wasnt high so he was kinda overlooked. He went to the Bronc's. HE FITS PERFECTLY THERE...i am a broncos fan now, woo

Edited by 15 NWTF 08

The Denver Bronco fans believe that Jay Cutler is the second coming of John Elway. Strong arm, rambles in the backfield, dives head first and accurate as a rifle......yep, it's Elway all over again :thumb:

Cutler's great.I love Cutler. But don't you think Elway would've made Vandy a Bowl team? I think he would've!

Cutler's no Elway. Not yet.

Matt leinart will have a super bowl ring before either Manning brother, why because he is a winner, and winners aren't hard to find - they've got all the gold.

Ken Dorsey was a winner, David Greene was a winner, being a winner doesn't mean near as much as everyone says it does. Leinhart, Dorsey, and Greene were all surrounded by great talent that made their winning % sky rocket and you will see how their success in the NFL correlates.

Ken Dorsey was a winner, David Greene was a winner, being a winner doesn't mean near as much as everyone says it does. Leinhart, Dorsey, and Greene were all surrounded by great talent that made their winning % sky rocket and you will see how their success in the NFL correlates.

Yep,Kinda like my man Danny Wuerffel. :thumb: Notta better college QB than him!

Leinart getting a Super Bowl ring with the Cardinals?????

I know they've upgraded their talent (as they have often in the past), but even the most out of touch Cardinals fan just wants to see them make the playoffs for once.

More than likely these QB's will NOT lead their orginal teams to the Super Bowl. Only two first round QB's have done it.

Who has a clue how ANY of these QB's will pan out. In the last

Great QB Class, conventional wisdom was that a number of them wouldn't pan out. Not many picked Dante Culpepper, with his background and similar deficienceis to VY, as the one who would make it.

I hope the Denver fans aren't looking at Cutler as the next Elway. That would be a burden they've placed on every QB since he retired. At best, he could be looked at as an Elway Latte' at this point. Elway had physical tools you don't often see in one package coming into the league. Cutler is in a good situation right now, but Shanahan has limited patience and 'Dinger won't baby him.

Is that a fact?

How about theses guys?

Carson Palmer

Matt Mauck

Craig Krenzel

Ken Dorsey

Josh Heupel

Chris Weinke

Tee Martin

Brian Griese

Danny Wuerffel

Tommie Frazier

Charlie Ward

Stan White

Jay Barker

Gino Torretta

Darian Hagan

Your winners since 1990, how Super Bowl rings do they have?

Palmer has a chance to win a ring someday, but just because you win a National Championship, doesnt mean you will win a Super Bowl!

And before you go dissing on the Mannings, remember Peyton was the NCAA wins leader before Leinart passed him this season! :unsure:

And before you go dissing on the Mannings, remember Peyton was the NCAA wins leader before Leinart passed him this season! :unsure:

I'm not dissing on Peyton,but Danny Wuerffel's the all-time passing efficiency leader, 3rd in career TD passes,AND has a National Championship ring.

Not a great pro.

Peyton may end up being the best QB in NFL history but he needs that ring!

THE SQUAD :D