Vince Young IS A TITAN

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Titans just picked LenDale White and I love this pick, but I am not sold on VY!!!

in the mid 20s when i saw lendale still wasnt picked, titans still many picks away (at 39th), i was calling on them to draft him. turns out, they get on the clock and trade the pick at 39th to the eagles for their 2nd round draft pick (at 45th) and a 4th round draft pick. with the titans pick in hand, they draft one of lendales teammates, olineman winston justice. i think for sure titans missed out on lendale. 45th pick rolls around, WE GET HIM! makes my day. titans always do a good job in the draft, and while norm chow isnt able to reunite with leinhart in the NFL, he gets to with white :thumb:

just in the few hours young has been a titan, im very glad with the pick that i was skeptical about at first. things are looking up for the titans <_<

now maybe we might trade travis henry or chris brown, maybe both, and get some more solid guys around the league :blink:

I hate the Young pick. He has bust written all over him, even two to three years down the road. I'm 20 times more excited about White than I am Young. Big powerful back that fill fit into the Fisher system well. I do believe that marks the end of Travis Henry as a Titan though.

Leinert may have fallen to 10, but he's probably going to wind up in the best shape of all of them having Edge in the backfield as well as Fitzgerald and Boldin to throw to. They are close to being good, and Leinert may be the missing piece to the puzzle.

I hate the Young pick. He has bust written all over him, even two to three years down the road. I'm 20 times more excited about White than I am Young. Big powerful back that fill fit into the Fisher system well. I do believe that marks the end of Travis Henry as a Titan though.

Leinert may have fallen to 10, but he's probably going to wind up in the best shape of all of them having Edge in the backfield as well as Fitzgerald and Boldin to throw to. They are close to being good, and Leinert may be the missing piece to the puzzle.

If he turns out to be anything like Vick then you have to consider him a bust!

Leinart has alot of talent aroung him right now as well as Cutler!!! :unsure:

I beg to differ!

The Titans look like they have done good so far in this one(depending on VY), but they have drafted awful in recent past years!

ben troupe? pacman (regret it now, in a few years you wait and see)? chris brown? troy flemming? tyrone calico? albert haynesworth? antwoine odom? randy starks? travis laboy? carlos hall? renardo hill? most of those guys were among the best available at those points in the drafts. alot of them have struggled with injuries earlier in their careers. some have became solid players (antwoine odom has already moved on to another team), and most will become solid players, along with our 1st and 2nd picks this year in the draft :unsure:

If he turns out to be anything like Vick then you have to consider him a bust!

Leinart has alot of talent aroung him right now as well as Cutler!!! :unsure:

I think Vick is a bust. ATL would be better off from a winning standpoint to dump him for a standout receiver and let Schaub throw the ball, but since the league is about money, and it is comprised of some of the most egotistical, greedy people on the planet, they keep him and watch the green roll in.

I also hate the Young pick. He will never adjust to the NFL. Can't read defenses, can't learn an NFL playbook, doesn't play under center, poor mechanics, etc.

Also hate the White pick. Didn't we learn anything from Pacman? What a piece of thug garbage. Get ready for a holdout, an out of shape minicamp arrival, failed drug tests, etc.

Great. Just great.

I think Vick is a bust. ATL would be better off from a winning standpoint to dump him for a standout receiver and let Schaub throw the ball, but since the league is about money, and it is comprised of some of the most egotistical, greedy people on the planet, they keep him and watch the green roll in.

I also hate the Young pick. He will never adjust to the NFL. Can't read defenses, can't learn an NFL playbook, doesn't play under center, poor mechanics, etc.

Also hate the White pick. Didn't we learn anything from Pacman? What a piece of thug garbage. Get ready for a holdout, an out of shape minicamp arrival, failed drug tests, etc.

Great. Just great.

this must be mel kiper posting from his new espn mobile phone :lol:. seriously, you know it all! titans might as well forfeit all their games this season because there is no way they are going to win any :unsure:

Great. Just great.

I'm not sold on Young, but he's not a bad pick. He's a proven winner, he's won in high school and college...Bud knew something that made the Titans grade Young above all the other QBs, I think its that simple.

The mechanics issue is a little unfair to Young. 2 years ago everybody was wondering if Phillip Rivers was going to be the #1 pick.....you want to talk about mechanics? Just because VY can run I think he gets sterotyped.

Name a better player that was on the board in the second round when the Titans picked. Isnt it ironic that Norm Chow was able to talk all of managment into drafting Lendale and not Matt? He was the best avaliable at that time......point blank.

Edited by PrepFanatic

ben troupe? pacman (regret it now, in a few years you wait and see)? chris brown? troy flemming? tyrone calico? albert haynesworth? antwoine odom? randy starks? travis laboy? carlos hall? renardo hill? most of those guys were among the best available at those points in the drafts. alot of them have struggled with injuries earlier in their careers. some have became solid players (antwoine odom has already moved on to another team), and most will become solid players, along with our 1st and 2nd picks this year in the draft :unsure:

The Titans dont need players that will become solid players, they need guys that can play now!