Vince Young IS A TITAN

With the Titans having a record of not keeping their thugs in check, I expect the same results out of Lindale unless he decides to grow up.

Jay Cutler will be the one to come out on top of the three QB's. He's got the right franchise to be successful. I believe he will be more successful sooner than any of them.

I give the Titans a B- for picking Vince. I also give them an A for getting Lindale. This duo can make for a fun season with a lot of excitement. Winning games won't be easy but the excitement should keep the stadium full....

I'm now a bigtime Bronco's fan....Go Cutler. :unsure:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote from ESPN.com:

Quarterbacks fall into one of two categories: playmakers, like Vince Young, and those who need playmakers. Leinart needs playmakers to be successful.

very true in my opinion. i think the titans had enough playmakers for leinart to be successful. vince young is a safe pick though. like i said i was very torn on my decision also, but vince will be the guy. it probably works out better for both players. leinart will get his playmakers in boldin and james in arizona. both will work well in their systems

quote from ESPN.com:

very true in my opinion. i think the titans had enough playmakers for leinart to be successful. vince young is a safe pick though. like i said i was very torn on my decision also, but vince will be the guy. it probably works out better for both players. leinart will get his playmakers in boldin and james in arizona. both will work well in their systems

Throw in Larry Fitzgerald in Arizona.

Another reason I don't like this is because they have basically handcuffed themselves for the 2006, maybe even 2007 seasons. Part of me wonders if Bud Adams is trying to send a message to Fisher about his long term status with the Titans as well.

They drafted Young, and his good friend and montor and good friend is Steve McNair. Well, I don't need to chronicle the entire situation involving McNair and the Titans. After all that has happened, what do you think the chances are of McNair being a Titan next year? How much money will it take? And what else will they be able to do with their roster if they do bring McNair is to teach Young the ropes? I'm going to assume unless Adams is willing to give McNair mega-money that he will not be a Titan next year. That leaves us with Billy Volek and Vince Young.

I think it has been well documented on here that Volek is a nice back-up QB to have, but not much more. His record as a starter is very poor, and no fan wants to see him in that role. And I think Titan management feels the same way as we do. If he's the starter, woe is me!

So that leaves it all on Young, a athletic QB who left college after his junior year and came from a very simple one read out of the shotgun offensive scheme to a complex NFL offense facing difficlult NFL defenses where he is going to have a first, second, third, and fourth option. How many QB's have transitioned successfully to the NFL when they left after their junior year? And who here actually thinks that Young will be able to run around like he did against USC in the NFL? Do you really want to see that after consectutive bad campaigns? It looks to me like he is about to become the de facto starter. And let all Titan fans hope and pray that there is not a hold out, which given management moves the past two seasons, I'd say there is a 50/50 chance there will be.

Which leads me to the final point, the fans. Will the fan base be patient enough to sit around while we watch Young "develop" into a QB after two bad years? If Young is the starter, will this not push back the timetable a couple of more years, leaving the fan base to put up with more 4-12 seasons after the original success that the fan base here has become accustomed to? And of course, this is all hinging on a junior QB who the typical NFL is basing their entire opinion off of over ONE college football game against a sub par college defense, although I will grant it was one of the Top 5 individual performances in the history of college football, if not the top.

I just don't understand the pick. I've tried and friends have tried to justify it, but I don't understand it. I don't care what his upside was, it was a huge gamble.

There's got to be some reason though that so many other teams passed on Leinart. Teams that need quarterbacks badly too like Detroit,Buffalo & Oakland. There's obviously more to it than we know.I couldn't believe he fell that low. :angry:

THE SQUAD

Buffalo said they would not even look at a QB, that JP Losman was there guy!!! :angry:

Second day Titans have selected: 4th round: Calvin Lowery-S-Penn State

4th round: Stephen Tulloch-LB-NC State

5th round: Terna Nande-LB-Miami(OH)

5th round: Jesse Mahelona-DT-Tennessee

6th round: Jonathan Orr-WR-Wisconsin

Yes! I get my wish to hear Mike Keith say the name "Mahelona'! I can hear him now:

"SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! JESSE MA-HE-LO-HA!!!!!"

:angry: