Vince Young IS A TITAN

Leinart will be more succesful, because of the fact that he has playmakers. Cutler will do very well once that Jake leaves. Cutler will learn the system quick. As far as Vince and the Titans, if e does well, and looks to throw before he runs,, which he better do or i will turn away from TN football if he doesnt. o well, good luck the Titans

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow you people are tough, the guy hasn't even taken a snap and you are already throwing him to the sharks. Everyone is going to have to wait for about 3-5 years to see how this pick pans out. Just like the Micheal Vick pick, this will be the telling year of Vick because and if the Falcons made the right move. I think the same speculation was giving about McNair when the Oilers drafted him, and look how he turned out. Or we may be stuck with an Akili Smith. No one knows right now. So lets get these players in here support them and see how they turn out.

Leinart will be more succesful, because of the fact that he has playmakers. Cutler will do very well once that Jake leaves. Cutler will learn the system quick. As far as Vince and the Titans, if e does well, and looks to throw before he runs,, which he better do or i will turn away from TN football if he doesnt. o well, good luck the Titans

Yes,Leinart will be more successful sooner because he went to a better team. And I can't believe I'm saying that about the Cardinals.Didn't think I'd ever say it. Vince may look to throw but he won't have long to look or he'll get killed.You're gonna see a lot of runs the first couple of years;running for his LIFE!

The O line's gonna have to step up big time!

THE SQUAD :ph34r:

Wow you people are tough, the guy hasn't even taken a snap and you are already throwing him to the sharks. Everyone is going to have to wait for about 3-5 years to see how this pick pans out. Just like the Micheal Vick pick, this will be the telling year of Vick because and if the Falcons made the right move. I think the same speculation was giving about McNair when the Oilers drafted him, and look how he turned out. Or we may be stuck with an Akili Smith. No one knows right now. So lets get these players in here support them and see how they turn out.

I think he'll be better than Mike Vick. Vick's never shown he can be anything but a glorified running back with a real strong arm.

I agree it'll take 3-5 years.I hope Bud gives this coaching staff that long but that remains to be seen.Couple more 4-5 win seasons & I bet they're gone.

Akili Smith :ph34r: .....That'd be bad. :o

THE SQUAD

true.

Which leads me to the final point, the fans. Will the fan base be patient enough to sit around while we watch Young "develop" into a QB after two bad years? If Young is the starter, will this not push back the timetable a couple of more years, leaving the fan base to put up with more 4-12 seasons after the original success that the fan base here has become accustomed to? And of course, this is all hinging on a junior QB who the typical NFL is basing their entire opinion off of over ONE college football game against a sub par college defense, although I will grant it was one of the Top 5 individual performances in the history of college football, if not the top.

I just don't understand the pick. I've tried and friends have tried to justify it, but I don't understand it. I don't care what his upside was, it was a huge gamble.

Have we become the...the.....uh................dare I say......................Bengals? :ph34r:

Leinart will be more succesful, because of the fact that he has playmakers.

The Titans have some playmakers as well if they stay healthy regardles of who the QB is.

David Givens & Drew Bennett at receiver along with Tyrone Calico and the very good rookies they had last year Brandon Jones was turning into a solid player before an injury sidelined him. Courtney Roby & Roydell Williams bring some good speed to the wr position.

Running back will be Chris Brown & Travis Henry along with lendale White when he gets back healthy.

Erron Kinney, Ben Troupe & Bo Scaife provide the best TE corps in the NFL.

The defense I think will be pretty good with the addition of Thornton from the Colts and SS Chris Hope from the Steelers.

Jessie Mahelona will bring depth to the tackle spot with Randy Starks, Albert Haynesworth & Rien Long.

The Titans have some playmakers as well if they stay healthy regardles of who the QB is.

David Givens & Drew Bennett at receiver along with Tyrone Calico and the very good rookies they had last year Brandon Jones was turning into a solid player before an injury sidelined him. Courtney Roby & Roydell Williams bring some good speed to the wr position.

Running back will be Chris Brown & Travis Henry along with lendale White when he gets back healthy.

Erron Kinney, Ben Troupe & Bo Scaife provide the best TE corps in the NFL.

The defense I think will be pretty good with the addition of Thornton from the Colts and SS Chris Hope from the Steelers.

Jessie Mahelona will bring depth to the tackle spot with Randy Starks, Albert Haynesworth & Rien Long.

Very true,the Titans are not without playmakers.I just hope most of them can stay healthy this year. I'm really looking forward to seeing a full healthy season out of Ben Troupe.That guy can be a pro bowl tight end I think. :D

THE SQUAD

I can't believe you included Calico in with the other "playmakers." :D

Vince Young was chosen because: 1) Bud wanted him and wanted to stick it to the Texans,which would constantly be thrown into the face of the Houston management everytime the Titan's play there, 2) Vince Young, in the minds of the coaching staff, offers the "potential" of being a real nightmare for the d-coordinators in this league, which would not be the case with the other three, 3) He would invigorate the fan base that seems to have grown uncomfortable lately with ticket sales and merchandising, 4) you don't want to have to play against him, or be the team that passed on him.

Whether or not he lives up to this potential or not, time will tell. But Jeff and Floyd aren't stupid. If the owner wants him, you do what the owner wants.

Titans schedule will be brutal next year-they need to make some strides.

PS Don't EVER compare us to becoming Bengal fans. :o

I can't believe you included Calico in with the other "playmakers." :D

Vince Young was chosen because: 1) Bud wanted him and wanted to stick it to the Texans,which would constantly be thrown into the face of the Houston management everytime the Titan's play there, 2) Vince Young, in the minds of the coaching staff, offers the "potential" of being a real nightmare for the d-coordinators in this league, which would not be the case with the other three, 3) He would invigorate the fan base that seems to have grown uncomfortable lately with ticket sales and merchandising, 4) you don't want to have to play against him, or be the team that passed on him.

Whether or not he lives up to this potential or not, time will tell. But Jeff and Floyd aren't stupid. If the owner wants him, you do what the owner wants.

Titans schedule will be brutal next year-they need to make some strides.

PS Don't EVER compare us to becoming Bengal fans. :o

I think it is quite clear that this team has suffered ugly losing seasons like the Bengals but they are also making desperate drafting moves just like the old Bengals too. This draft and the one before and the one before that are similar. We just better hope that this coaching staff can work miracles or we'll find ourselves on the bottom looking up from where the Bengals used to be. THAT, my friends, is not a pretty picture. Start praying. B)

since this is a high school board, vince young's highschool highlight tape is worth a watch. while he played for the marlins, they dawn the oilers colors, ones the titans franchise is familiar with. also he is no stranger to NFL stadiums. also by the looks of it, he has alot of talent, which doesnt hurt either :o. good fit for the titans B)

now, the question is will i buy a VY jersey this year or lendale white B)

EDIT: another high school tape from vince young, alot of the footage is the same but probably worth a watch also

:D Edited by tdntn