Brian Griese

Danny Wuerffel

Tommie Frazier

Charlie Ward

Stan White

Jay Barker

Gino Torretta

Darian Hagan

Your winners since 1990, how Super Bowl rings do they have?

Palmer has a chance to win a ring someday, but just because you win a National Championship, doesnt mean you will win a Super Bowl!

And before you go dissing on the Mannings, remember Peyton was the NCAA wins leader before Leinart passed him this season! :D

I couldnt agree more.... :unsure:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not dissing on Peyton,but Danny Wuerffel's the all-time passing efficiency leader, 3rd in career TD passes,AND has a National Championship ring.

Not a great pro.

Peyton may end up being the best QB in NFL history but he needs that ring!

THE SQUAD :D

But all in all isnt it about winning?

Wuerffel also had NFL talent WR to throw the ball to in Ike Hilliard and Reidel Anthony!

Peyton had some good WR in Joey Kent and Marcus Nash, but never had the NFL type WR!

Wuerffel was a product of the system and had he played anywhere else he wouldnt have never even gotten a sniff of the Heisman! In saying that, I think Wueffel is a very good man and I respect the things he has accomplished since leaving football! :unsure:

Yes, Peyton needs to win a SB ring :D

And before you go dissing on the Mannings, remember Peyton was the NCAA wins leader before Leinart passed him this season! :unsure:

Just a little correction.

Actually David Greene had the record until this year. He passed Manning his senior year. But that helps prove your point even more adding another "winner" to your list.

Also don't forget Eric Crouch.

Just a little correction.

Actually David Greene had the record until this year. He passed Manning his senior year. But that helps prove your point even more adding another "winner" to your list.

Also don't forget Eric Crouch.

Yea, I forgot about Greene!

But you are correct, it does just emphasize the point that much stronger! :unsure:

But all in all isnt it about winning?

Wuerffel also had NFL talent WR to throw the ball to in Ike Hilliard and Reidel Anthony!

Peyton had some good WR in Joey Kent and Marcus Nash, but never had the NFL type WR!

Wuerffel was a product of the system and had he played anywhere else he wouldnt have never even gotten a sniff of the Heisman! In saying that, I think Wueffel is a very good man and I respect the things he has accomplished since leaving football! :thumb:

Yes, Peyton needs to win a SB ring ;)

Yes,Wuerffel's a great guy.You can't really hate on him.

He was a product of Spurrier's "system",yes, but he had a lot of talent as well.

I keep hearing that "system" thing. There were many QB's before & after him with much better physical skills that played in the "system" and couldn't do what he did.Granted he had NFL type receivers,and an NFL RB(Fred Taylor),but it takes a special QB to be that accurate. :)

THE SQUAD

Edited by THE SQUAD

Let's face it. There are numerous things that determine NFL success, especially for a QB. Arm strength, athletic ability, intellect, work ethic, coaching, falling into the right place at the right time, having "it", etc. Montana and Brady are QBs that should never have succeeded based on every draft formula, but they did.

I think Leinert has several of those things in his favor, and I don't think Vice Young does. That is why I think even in the long run that Leinert will be more successful than Young. :thumb:

Guest dare_2_dream

Let's face it. There are numerous things that determine NFL success, especially for a QB. Arm strength, athletic ability, intellect, work ethic, coaching, falling into the right place at the right time, having "it", etc. Montana and Brady are QBs that should never have succeeded based on every draft formula, but they did.

I think Leinert has several of those things in his favor, and I don't think Vice Young does. That is why I think even in the long run that Leinert will be more successful than Young. :thumb:

Leinert got very lucky with the WR core he has in Arizona. He will have it very easy throwing it to Larry Fitz and Boldin.

Leinert got very lucky with the WR core he has in Arizona. He will have it very easy throwing it to Larry Fitz and Boldin.

Yes, and I think he'll be playing too. Warner can't stay healthy anymore,plus he might just "beat him out".

By mid-season Leinart will be the starter for one reason or another.

THE SQUAD :thumb:

Yes, and I think he'll be playing too. Warner can't stay healthy anymore,plus he might just "beat him out".

After a few of those soft touch throws down the field are picked off by the speedier corners and free safetys, Lienart will be looking for a hole to climb into. He better show more zip on the longer throws or the defensive backfield will be pulled up so tight that he can't even get a short pass off. ;)

Guest dare_2_dream

Oh he def will get some action on the field this year. Warner's status changes from day to day even if he isnt playing. Matt will have a chance to put up some good numbers with the wideouts he has.

Out of those which do Matt gave that Vince doesn't?

The only one I can think of Matt has more of than Vince is intellect.