Maryville Football!

kobayashi

Maryville ....you know anyone can coach a team LOADED with talent and it really is not that impressive when you beat up on teams year after year when you all recruit high school players. Just a thought.

You want to be impressive and proud of something then take a homegrown team without all the transfers and recruitments and take them to the playoffs.

how can you say that maryville recruits players? the players make the decision to transfer. The reason they transfer is because maryville took homegrown players to state championships. The players who transfer just want to be on a winning team and if you are going to say that maryville recruits players then you better add alcoa and a lot of private schools to your list.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I crack up about these recruiting accusations.

If Maryville recruited how come they don't have an offensive lineman over 235lbs? Maryville has the smallest offensive line in years.

LT. Caleb West 6'2 195lbs

LG. Broughton Green 5,10 205lbs

C. Louis Darras 5'9 210lbs

RG. Josh Carraway 5'10 220lbs

RT. Justin Huskey 6'2 235lbs

You would think if Maryville recruited they would have some 6'5 280lbs monsters.

The biggest defensive lineman weighs 225lbs.

DE. Dwight Wood 6' 200lbs

DT. Marcus Englehardt 5'10 225lbs

DT. Josh Cantwell 5'9 225lbs

DE. Brett Wadham 6' 205lbs

Every team that Maryville has played so far has bigger linemen. Maryville wins because of great coaching. Those kids are tough as nails.

Maryville ....you know anyone can coach a team LOADED with talent and it really is not that impressive when you beat up on teams year after year when you all recruit high school players. Just a thought.

You want to be impressive and proud of something then take a homegrown team without all the transfers and recruitments and take them to the playoffs.

I think with the record they have and the scrutiny it would be very hard to actually recruit. Yes some may choose to go there but how many can that be? As a coach do you recommend a player not transfer if he wants to go to your school? If a good player wanted to come to your school I am sure they would be quickly reminded that "we are too proud of our own to let you be a part of it."

The one recruit I will say that has worked out is Quarles himself. If you get good coaching it is funny how the talent level seems to rise.Being close to a member of the team I am proud of the fact that the character of it's head coach is probably his best attribute.

Sour grapes and excuses are ok if it makes you feel better but I would say Quarles can beat his'n with your'n and certainly can beat your'n with his'n.

Hey fanatic do you have a list of recruits and transfers ? Did any come from your school?

They seem to be doing what alot of teams are doing now , developing a program that reach beyond just the school team it is the whole school system. here in SC, the Byrnes Rebels, a very good team as well, start at the youth league level and is running the same offenses and defenses to prepare it's homegrown recruits to play for the HS.Now my town , Easley SC is doing the same thing among many others in the upstate of SC. So whine about recruiting but if you really knew what was happening over there you would be getting you school and community on the ball and doing something besides complaining about it.

Edited by HEEL31OK

Deny Deny Deny all you want but anyone with half a brain knows it happens all the time. Dont get me wrong Im not hating on you. But it makes me sick to see teams act like they did something special that no one has ever done. And I just say alot of coaches would win state year after year with a loaded roster. I know alot of other schools do it as well but that doesnt make it right. But I give you all props for a class organization and coaching staff.

I agree with you on size as well, Like the old saying goes ITS NOT THE SIZE OF THE DOG IN THE FIGHT .......ITS THE SIZE FIGHT IN THE DOG.

Good luck this year Rebels.

Deny Deny Deny all you want but anyone with half a brain knows it happens all the time. Dont get me wrong Im not hating on you. But it makes me sick to see teams act like they did something special that no one has ever done. And I just say alot of coaches would win state year after year with a loaded roster. I know alot of other schools do it as well but that doesnt make it right. But I give you all props for a class organization and coaching staff.

I agree with you on size as well, Like the old saying goes ITS NOT THE SIZE OF THE DOG IN THE FIGHT .......ITS THE SIZE FIGHT IN THE DOG.

Good luck this year Rebels.

Please tell us how Maryville recruits. Are the coaches recruiting? Are there paid recruiters searching the ranks for Maryville?

People like you amaze me. This subect has been beaten to death since Maryville has been having success and yet there art still idiots that throw BS out there like you have done. Unfortunately you belittle and discredit an outstanding group of coaches, kids, and administration.

Loaded roster......LMBO...little do you know. I'm serious..you know little. FYI what Maryville has done since 1998 is special......6 state championships in 8 years. So please trot on off and finish puking then come back with some Maryville recruiting examples. This should be interesting and make sure you have solid sources.....otherwise you could be acused of lying...... :P

I think with the record they have and the scrutiny it would be very hard to actually recruit. Yes some may choose to go there but how many can that be? As a coach do you recommend a player not transfer if he wants to go to your school? If a good player wanted to come to your school I am sure they would be quickly reminded that "we are too proud of our own to let you be a part of it."

The one recruit I will say that has worked out is Quarles himself. If you get good coaching it is funny how the talent level seems to rise.Being close to a member of the team I am proud of the fact that the character of it's head coach is probably his best attribute.

Sour grapes and excuses are ok if it makes you feel better but I would say Quarles can beat his'n with your'n and certainly can beat your'n with his'n.

Hey fanatic do you have a list of recruits and transfers ? Did any come from your school?

They seem to be doing what alot of teams are doing now , developing a program that reach beyond just the school team it is the whole school system. here in SC, the Byrnes Rebels, a very good team as well, start at the youth league level and is running the same offenses and defenses to prepare it's homegrown recruits to play for the HS.Now my town , Easley SC is doing the same thing among many others in the upstate of SC. So whine about recruiting but if you really knew what was happening over there you would be getting you school and community on the ball and doing something besides complaining about it.

Good post and you got some of it. G Quarles is a Jeff Co grad whose mother and father still live there. They commute to each game are quality people like he and most of his coaching staff are. Maryville is on a great run right now and one is only kidding himself if he thought it would go one forever. I see part of the coaching staff moving on to other things after this year, but if the leader stays, he'll continue to have a very competive program. Every kid who suits for any HS team want's to and play for a winner. There are a few who transfer in to play football but most students who pay tuition are at MHS because of Academics. ACT scores, dollars per pupil, household income and over 30% of the residents (Parents) have college educations. There is more but Maryville HS is a great place to have your kid educated. I moved into the city to get my kids in then I moved back out and paid tuition. Like any parent who loves their kid they want to provide the best that they can. My sons did play for QG and are better men because of it, and we got a little bling-bling lying around the house! There are down sides and trust me they all are in the press. The daily rag and knotz news scandal can't wait for bad things to happen at Maryville, things that occur at every HS in America except for the football teams winning record the past ten years.

Edited by FBEmeritus