Battle of the state at lipscomb allen area

timbdp

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about a little info on this Mosley guy and whoever else was supposed to be coming in after Christmas for UC? They've been mentioned several times on the boards but I haven't seen anything as far as what kind of players they are going to be?

Mosley is the backup point guard.He is about 5'10 and is very quick off the dribble.Can also shoot the 3 like everyone else from UC does.Style of play kind of reminds me of Tony Tyler.

is union city where marquis weddle played last year? and if it is what college is he playing at now? also if union city is playing ensworth ==ensworth has like 8 sophmores and 2 juniors on their squad. they have a sophmore tavarres jefferson who is 1 of the best sophmores in the state . if he can grow he could go big time d1 somewhere

Yes, Ensworth does only have 2 juniors, but one of the juniors is ineligible. Jefferson has heart and can play D1 basketball even if he doesn't grow anymore, that is if he doesn't choose D1 football.

I am sure to be in this tournament, you have to have a decent team. I'm not a fan of Coach Sisco, but I will give him the credit he deserves about his Union City ball team. Outside of Liberty, I believe by watching over 20 games this year among alot of so called "elite" teams, that the Union City Tornadoes would beat over 90% of the Double A teams across the state of Tennessee. Union City will not be beat by any class A teams this year period. The sad part about our system, even though Union City has only 350 kids in their school, they are by far leaps and bounds far better than any other small school. They are an enjoyment to watch and will pressure you from the tip to the buzzer. I hope they make it all the way through to the Championship game, because I want them to match up against the "elite" of the other parts of the state..no matter what division. The saddest part of this all is at the end of the year, the West teams will collect the majority of the balls again, like they have for so many years. This system is not right, when the better teams in the state, have to play each other to get to state and when they get there, the tournament is easier than their regional tournaments. Somebody copy and quote this, then reply after the tournament is over. :angry:

I am sure to be in this tournament, you have to have a decent team. I'm not a fan of Coach Sisco, but I will give him the credit he deserves about his Union City ball team. Outside of Liberty, I believe by watching over 20 games this year among alot of so called "elite" teams, that the Union City Tornadoes would beat over 90% of the Double A teams across the state of Tennessee. Union City will not be beat by any class A teams this year period. The sad part about our system, even though Union City has only 350 kids in their school, they are by far leaps and bounds far better than any other small school. They are an enjoyment to watch and will pressure you from the tip to the buzzer. I hope they make it all the way through to the Championship game, because I want them to match up against the "elite" of the other parts of the state..no matter what division. The saddest part of this all is at the end of the year, the West teams will collect the majority of the balls again, like they have for so many years. This system is not right, when the better teams in the state, have to play each other to get to state and when they get there, the tournament is easier than their regional tournaments. Somebody copy and quote this, then reply after the tournament is over. :angry:

I agree about the system...but there are two teams in their district that they are not leap and bounds better than, and thats Humboldt and Lake Co.....Both of which have beat them the past year, and Lake Co had the game within 4 with around 1 minute to go....I hate that these three can't make it to state, but that's just how it works....But once one of the three makes it to the state tournament...its almost like a cake walk... :P ....Look at last year for Union City.....Cloudland, Wayne Co, and Grace....I know Grace beat Humboldt, but I had no earthly idea how they did it....it looked almost impossible, but I guess "any given night".....I know this year it will be alot of the same, and I look foward to the west bringing back home, again....Good luck to Union City and Haywood in the Battle of the State Tournament!!!!