District 11aa

wareagleblue

Five wins in a row in this district, technically 4 for the Tigerettes, is impressive nonetheless. You all said 1-7 are pretty much equal, and that is true. When Waverly was healthy, they lost to Harpeth by around 5 points, keeping it close the entire game. They lost to Creekwood by 1 at Creekwood, which they could have won. Collump was open on the in bounds play, the play just wasn't designed to be given to her, so she didn't look for the ball. Waverly also beat Sycamore, whos was on a 5 game losing streak, but it is W nonetheless. Waverly is hot at the right time and have an easy game tomorrow evening against Fairview. Good Luck Tigerettes

Edited by 15 NWTF 08

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Five wins in a row in this district, technically 4 for the Tigerettes, is impressive nonetheless. You all said 1-7 are pretty much equal, and that is true. When Waverly was healthy, they lost to Harpeth by around 5 points, keeping it close the entire game. They lost to Creekwood by 1 at Creekwood, which they could have won. Collump was open on the in bounds play, the play just wasn't designed to be given to her, so she didn't look for the ball. Waverly also beat Sycamore, whos was on a 5 game losing streak, but it is W nonetheless. Waverly is hot at the right time and have an easy game tomorrow evening against Fairview. Good Luck Tigerettes

One player doesnt make a 30 point difference, Sorry. Have any Waverly fans sat down and thought, Hmmmm Harpeth had a bad game. WEll if you didnt thats why we came to your place and beat you by 30. :lol:

One player doesnt make a 30 point difference, Sorry. Have any Waverly fans sat down and thought, Hmmmm Harpeth had a bad game. WEll if you didnt thats why we came to your place and beat you by 30. B)

Well, I guarantee your coach will tell you, he don't want to play Waverly before the non elimination games. No, Harpeth didn't show me any more that night at Waverly than they did at Harpeth. One player don't make 30 pts, but she averages 15 and is a great defender and with the main sub out too, it limited what Waverly could do as far as subs. We basically played with 6 players that night. It does add up to a lot of points if you are actually knowledgable about basketball. Points added because of the scoring threat along with defense that takes it away. :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by papatiger

Well, I guarantee your coach will tell you, he don't want to play Waverly before the non elimination games. No, Harpeth didn't show me any more that night at Waverly than they did at Harpeth. One player don't make 30 pts, but she averages 15 and is a great defender and with the main sub out too, it limited what Waverly could do as far as subs. We basically played with 6 players that night. It does add up to a lot of points if you are actually knowledgable about basketball. Points added because of the scoring threat along with defense that takes it away. :thumb::thumb:;)

your right he would probably love to go ahead and play them in the playin-game where he could eliminate the "team of the century" from the post-season.

Well, I guarantee your coach will tell you, he don't want to play Waverly before the non elimination games. No, Harpeth didn't show me any more that night at Waverly than they did at Harpeth. One player don't make 30 pts, but she averages 15 and is a great defender and with the main sub out too, it limited what Waverly could do as far as subs. We basically played with 6 players that night. It does add up to a lot of points if you are actually knowledgable about basketball. Points added because of the scoring threat along with defense that takes it away. :thumb::thumb:;)

I can understand you being a homer since you broadcast for Waverly, but please...so many excuses, guarantees and ridiculous statements especially considering Waverly still has a losing record. When is the last time they have even had a winning record. Like I said earlier, if they win their play in game and make it to the district tournament then maybe I'll start buying a little of what you're trying to sell about your team. I don't think all the other district teams are shaking in their boots worrying about playing Waverly like you think they are. I would rather play Stewart County and Fairview, then after that Waverly or maybe Montgomery Central. If you do end up broadcasting some of the region games I'll look forward to hearing how you are on the radio. I do hope Waverly can upset Creek Wood and Cheatham.

Chill guys, HHS#1 and papatiger, you are both very BIASED towards your teams and seem to be a little blinded because of that.

If Harpeth plays their best game possible, they are 15-25 points better than ANY team in the distcrict, maybe 10-15 better than CCCHS. Don't forget I said "BEST GAME POSSIBLE." It just doesn't happen often enough for them to advance much further than districts this year, sorry HHS1, but it's the truth.

If they don't play their BGP, they're lucky to squeeze out a 5 point victory against an average Waverly team. Sorry papa, but it's the truth.

That being said, I just don't see Harpeth winning the district tournament, and I certainly don't see Waverly winning it.

"Talent-wise" and athlecticlly, just in Mendenhall and Richardson alone, Harpeth has the edge above the other district teams, IMHO.

Too many games this season, however, I've seen things that will keep this team from winning the region, they may take 2nd, but I doubt it. I won't go into all the ins and outs of my opinion (it is just that after all), but they're just not going to enjoy the success they've had the last year or two.

I applaude Coach Johnson for the job he has done this year and I think he will ultimately get this program to the next "level." He has taught this team something they didn't know about the last few years, defense. If he could only get Mandy to buy into it EVERY trip down the floor. I can recall 6 points, just off the top of my head, that could have been prevented Friday night had she just executed her help responsibility.

Harpeth will suffer a couple of down years, as far as wins and losses go. Losing these 3 seniors is just going to be difficult to overcome, no matter what's coming from across the street and what's coming back.

Waverly will be a force next year, as will Sycamore, but I don't think they can sustain the level of play the have been playing at come tournament time this year.

My prediction going into regionals is;

1-CCCHS

2-Harpeth

3-Sycamore

4-Creek Wood

By the way, I'm usually standing next to the gym doors by the home bench for Harpeth home games if BC or papa would like to introduce themselves. I met ELA and Pageman a couple of years ago, but have never had the pleasure of meeting anyone else. I'm tall (6'5), close-cropped (mustache and goatee) and usually have a Razorbacks or blue Harpeth basketball shirt on. It would be a pleasure to meet anyone, not just you two. If you're lucky you'll get to meet KSGOVOLS (What time does the boys game start?) as well. Name is Slube (Sloob), but will also answer to William.

All this being said, I worry for Harpeth at this point in the season. They will get to regions, I just don't think they can overcome their roadblocks and get beyond that.

Edited by Slube

Cheatham County has a difficult road to get to that spot Slube. Their remaining district games are anything but givens. They play CreekWood on Tuesday at home, Fairview at home on Friday, and must travel to Waverly next Monday.

For CCHS to get the number two seed they must win all three contests. CreekWood beat them by 12 in Charlotte and Waverly has battled with Cheatham in every game the last two seasons including knocking them out of the district tournament last year. Cheatham County has had some difficulty playing on the road this season. Five of their six losses have been on the road or at neutral sites this year.

Playing the tournament at home is a good thing for a young CCHS team. Their only loss at home was the 2 point loss to Harpeth on Friday night.

Chill guys, HHS#1 and papatiger, you are both very BIASED towards your teams and seem to be a little blinded because of that.

If Harpeth plays their best game possible, they are 15-25 points better than ANY team in the distcrict, maybe 10-15 better than CCCHS. Don't forget I said "BEST GAME POSSIBLE." It just doesn't happen often enough for them to advance much further than districts this year, sorry HHS1, but it's the truth.

If they don't play their BGP, they're lucky to squeeze out a 5 point victory against an average Waverly team. Sorry papa, but it's the truth.

That being said, I just don't see Harpeth winning the district tournament, and I certainly don't see Waverly winning it.

"Talent-wise" and athlecticlly, just in Mendenhall and Richardson alone, Harpeth has the edge above the other district teams, IMHO.

Too many games this season, however, I've seen things that will keep this team from winning the region, they may take 2nd, but I doubt it. I won't go into all the ins and outs of my opinion (it is just that after all), but they're just not going to enjoy the success they've had the last year or two.

I applaude Coach Johnson for the job he has done this year and I think he will ultimately get this program to the next "level." He has taught this team something they didn't know about the last few years, defense. If he could only get Mandy to buy into it EVERY trip down the floor. I can recall 6 points, just off the top of my head, that could have been prevented Friday night had she just executed her help responsibility.

Harpeth will suffer a couple of down years, as far as wins and losses go. Losing these 3 seniors is just going to be difficult to overcome, no matter what's coming from across the street and what's coming back.

Waverly will be a force next year, as will Sycamore, but I don't think they can sustain the level of play the have been playing at come tournament time this year.

My prediction going into regionals is;

1-CCCHS

2-Harpeth

3-Sycamore

4-Creek Wood

By the way, I'm usually standing next to the gym doors by the home bench for Harpeth home games if BC or papa would like to introduce themselves. I met ELA and Pageman a couple of years ago, but have never had the pleasure of meeting anyone else. I'm tall (6'5), close-cropped (mustache and goatee) and usually have a Razorbacks or blue Harpeth basketball shirt on. It would be a pleasure to meet anyone, not just you two. If you're lucky you'll get to meet KSGOVOLS (What time does the boys game start?) as well. Name is Slube (Sloob), but will also answer to William.

All this being said, I worry for Harpeth at this point in the season. They will get to regions, I just don't think they can overcome their roadblocks and get beyond that.

First off this isnt a dating hot line.!. :thumb: j/k

ANd I think you try not to be "Biased" in your opinion, so you put Harpeth down. I understand that they have some weaknesses, but it hasnt failed them except for in one game. Mandy's defense isnt the best, but neither is Kobe Bryants. Last year Harpeth didnt win District and they won Regionals, so I am not really worried about winning Districts. Because it wasnt the end of the world last year, I dont think it will be this year. :thumb:

Also teams dont play there "bgp" every night, usually they play that game 3 or 4 times a season, if that. Harpeth has yet to play that game, and in regions Many explodes every year, and you can count on Mandy blowing the roof off at Waverly. In my Biased opinion.

Edited by HHSnumber1fan