District 11aa

wareagleblue

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's unlikely, but if Fairview upsets Cheatham, Sycamore loses to Harpeth, and Waverly wins it's last two, Waverly is third.

Should be a great game tomorrow night at Waverly. Their fate is in their hands. It will also be interesting to see the final for the Sycamore Harpeth game. Sycamore is due for a great game and should come out with something to prove.

It's unlikely, but if Fairview upsets Cheatham, Sycamore loses to Harpeth, and Waverly wins it's last two, Waverly is third.

If that happens, which as you said is unlikely, CC would still get the 3rd seed by virtue of their win over a higher seeded team (Harpeth).

I believe the best Waverly could do would be a coin flip for 4th seed if the Tigerettes beat CC and CW, and Sycamore losses to Harpeth. That would leave both Sycamore and Waverly with 8-6 district records with sweeps over Fairview and SC, being swept by Harpeth, and splits with the other teams in the district.

Now if Waverly only wins one game against CC or CW, they will finish with an identical 7-7 record as MC. IF Waverly beats only Creekwood AND CC beats beats Fairview (as expected) then Waverly is looking at the 6th seed. This is because MC will have beaten a higher seeded team in CC, which the Lady Cubs would become the 2nd seed. IF Wavo only beats CC, then MC and Waverly will have identical records against all the other district teams and a coin flip will be required to determine the 5th seed.

Bottom line, Waverly needs to win both of their games to assure themselves of the best seeding possible. The Tigerettes have been playing well lately. They will play two well prepared teams in CW and CC that have plenty to play for as well.

Edited by mkhhawk

If that happens, which as you said is unlikely, CC would still get the 3rd seed by virtue of their win over a higher seeded team (Harpeth).

I believe the best Waverly could do would be a coin flip for 4th seed if the Tigerettes beat CC and CW, and Sycamore losses to Harpeth. That would leave both Sycamore and Waverly with 8-6 district records with sweeps over Fairview and SC, being swept by Harpeth, and splits with the other teams in the district.

Now if Waverly only wins one game against CC or CW, they will finish with an identical 7-7 record as MC. IF Waverly beats only Creekwood AND CC beats beats Fairview (as expected) then Waverly is looking at the 6th seed. This is because MC will have beaten a higher seeded team in CC, which the Lady Cubs would become the 2nd seed. IF Wavo only beats CC, then MC and Waverly will have identical records against all the other district teams and a coin flip will be required to determine the 5th seed.

Bottom line, Waverly needs to win both of their games to assure themselves of the best seeding possible. The Tigerettes have been playing well lately. They will play two well prepared teams in CW and CC that have plenty to play for as well.

It is complicated. but the one thing I forgot is that Sycamore would be tied with Waverly and CC. So it might be a coin flip. But I was told that Waverly would get the nod. I can't say that was fact but it came from a good source. Either way, we have to play the games for if the right things don't happen, none of this means a thing.

With the season about to get underway, how do you think the season will turn out?

Here are my picks

1. Sycamore

2. Creek Wood

3. Cheatham Co.

4. Toss up between Montgomery Central, Waverly, and Harpeth

7. Fairview

8. Stewart Co.

Summation

Sycamore-return players with major varsity minutes-plus a very talented sophomore class. Last years district champs

Creek Wood-return many players and probably has the best freshman in the district. Team will be more consistent than last year. District runner-up last year.

Cheatham Co.-always a contender because of defense, much more depth than last year. Like him or not best coach in the district.

Montgomery Central-scrappy team with all players healthy this year, could upset some good teams. Coach has gained alot of experience.

Waverly-as usual comes down to player/coach relations. Upset a good Cheatham Co. team last year in tourny.

Harpeth-returns district MVP and will probably will be a repeat. Has some good players, but no bench. New coach-new game.

Fairview-graduated 3 starters, didn't have a bench last year, could be a very tough season.

Stewart Co.-has been down the last few years with several coaching changes. New coach with a tough season ahead of her.

Rolltide check this out..

I picked Sycamore to win this dist. last year. think they will split with Harpeth in during the season and win the tourny again (something Harpeth has not done in a long time).

1 Sycamore

2 Creekwood

3 Harpeth

4 Cheatham

5 MCHS

6 Stewart Co

7 Fairview

8 Waverly

I also predict that the lovefest with the new coach at Harpeth will be over by Jan. About then, is when he will have learned who really runs his team. They will have a player on the "Snowbird" All America team again this year.

Obviously midtn was wrong.

1 Sycamore

2 Harpeth

3 Waverly

4 Creekwood

5 Cheat'em Co.

6 Monkey Central

7 Fairview

8 Stewart Co.

Sycamore High School 14 12 4 7 0 37

Harpeth High School 15 8 11 14 0 48

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tennessee Tech signee Mandy Mendenhall led all scorers with 15 points to lead Harpeth (24-3, 13-1) to the win in Kingston Springs.

Teammate Salem Richardson finished with 11 points and went over the 1,000-point mark for her career in the game.

Rebekah Thompson led Sycamore with 10 points.

Harpeth High School Stats

Player FTM FTA 3PM 3PA TP

Emily Erland 0 0 0 0 8

Holli Flippo 0 0 0 0 5

Stephanie Lawrence 0 0 1 0 3

Mandy Mendenhall 0 0 1 0 15

Karley Miller 0 0 0 0 2

Salem Richardson 0 0 1 0 11

Sycamore High School Stats

Player FTM FTA 3PM 3PA TP

Catherine Camp 0 0 0 0 2

Jill Covington 0 0 0 0 7

Shawna Ellis 0 0 0 0 4

Lacey Grimes 0 0 0 0 2

Kristin Knight 0 0 1 0 3

Lauren Parker 0 0 1 0 9

Rebekah Thompson 0 0 0 0 10

NEWLY UPDATED DISTRICT 11AA STANDINGS

1.) Harpeth (13-1)*

2.) Creek Wood (10-4)

3.) Cheatham Co. (9-4)

4.) Sycamore (8-6)*

5.) Montgomery Central (7-7)

6.) Waverly Central (6-7)

7.) Fairview (2-12)*

8.) Stewart Co. (0-14)*

The * beside some of those teams means that they are locked into that particular seed. The Cheatham Co. at Waverly Central "makeup game" on Monday night will determine the fate of four teams in the district as far as where they will open postseason play at on Friday night.