Gallatin versus Ravenwood

just1np

Hey Donathon,

Gallatin has THREE rings, 1978, 1989 and 1992. Next time check your facts.

Good luck to Brentwood against Hunters Lane...I've noticed no one seems very interested in that board so Brentwood fans should jump over here and ding their rival (or sister school). Thanks for the support MOM and TRUEBLUE!

Does Donathon think because Ravenwood has a ring from last year that gives them some kind of edge? Last year is just that last year.

Obviously 3 Rings is greater than 1 so Gallatin wins this game. No need to post any more Trublue we solved it.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Brentwood against Hunters Lane...I've noticed no one seems very interested in that board so Brentwood fans should jump over here and ding their rival (or sister school). Thanks for the support MOM and TRUEBLUE!

Obviously 3 Rings is greater than 1 so Gallatin wins this game. No need to post any more Trublue we solved it.

Always glad to lend my support to our "sister" school. THanks for wishing us good luck.

Guys I have bad news,

J.T. Ferrell is out for the season. Heard it from the most reliable source. Apparrently they tried to let the lung heal without season ending surgery, but the lung has not responded. Please pray for J.T., for a full recovery. We all know as sports nuts, that this must be truly devastating to a senior that means so much to this team.

Also found out that Beech has dropped Gallatin fro the schedule, WOO HOO. Maybe Lil' Bro @ Station Camp will get their matchup.

Heard the same thing. Tough break for JT!!!! Hope you make a speedy & full recovery. You've been a pleasure to watch!!!

GO GREEN WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about Ravenwood being 6-4.

Losses against

BA

Franklin*

Brentwood*

Dickson County

*Represents games which Michael Becker was injured and either missed the entire game, or wasn't near 100%.

Ravenwood has something Gallatin doesn't:

A state ring.

Trust me, every one of Ravenwood's seniors saw significant time last year and they know how to win. Rector will have them ready. I can't wait to see this game play out.

What is the forecast for Friday night?

Just because you guys have a state ring does not mean much. Did the four teams you lost to this year worry about that ring. I guess you guys were to busy polishing "the ring" instead of scoring last Friday night. Tell coach Rector to bring the ring Friday night. We can compare it to our three. We were winning Championships when your chool was a dirtpile in Williamson Co. We will be without our starting Quaterback for the rest of the year, so good teams find ways to win and the community supports them. We dont make excuses about why we lost four games in a year. Losing that many games in a year, means either your coach or team wasn't prepared. I keep hearing about the cheap win you guys had two years ago. Too bad the fans were already headed to the cars when "the fluke" comeback happened. The only comeback this year will be us saying comeback next week and watch another team try to tell the Wave how weak they are.

Just because you guys have a state ring does not mean much. Did the four teams you lost to this year worry about that ring. I guess you guys were to busy polishing "the ring" instead of scoring last Friday night. Tell coach Rector to bring the ring Friday night. We can compare it to our three. We were winning Championships when your chool was a dirtpile in Williamson Co. We will be without our starting Quaterback for the rest of the year, so good teams find ways to win and the community supports them. We dont make excuses about why we lost four games in a year. Losing that many games in a year, means either your coach or team wasn't prepared. I keep hearing about the cheap win you guys had two years ago. Too bad the fans were already headed to the cars when "the fluke" comeback happened. The only comeback this year will be us saying comeback next week and watch another team try to tell the Wave how weak they are.

Amen Brother! Go Green Wave!

Guys I have bad news,

J.T. Ferrell is out for the season. Heard it from the most reliable source. Apparrently they tried to let the lung heal without season ending surgery, but the lung has not responded. Please pray for J.T., for a full recovery. We all know as sports nuts, that this must be truly devastating to a senior that means so much to this team.

Also found out that Beech has dropped Gallatin fro the schedule, WOO HOO. Maybe Lil' Bro @ Station Camp will get their matchup.

I know he will recover. He is a tough young man. Our team and community are behind him and his family.

With all the talk about 6-5A. Maybe we should put Ravenwood on our schedule. Then we would have the toughest schedule in the Nation. Hey!! We may be on the new Two A Days filming there now. It will be a spin off from the MTV series. It will be called "Six and For but Played Good Teams" Quit crying about your losses and our wins. They are what they are.

Donathan is not a Ravenwood fan. He's an Indy fan and probably would like to get Gallatin fired up even more than you already are for the game. The Ravenwood fans appreciate the history at Gallatin High and respect the year that the team has had to date. We don't have any excuses for losing four games either. And, believe me, our fans/coaches/players don't worry about last years ring...Most Importantly, best of luck to your QB for a fast recovery!

Donathan is not a Ravenwood fan. He's an Indy fan and probably would like to get Gallatin fired up even more than you already are for the game. The Ravenwood fans appreciate the history at Gallatin High and respect the year that the team has had to date. We don't have any excuses for losing four games either. And, believe me, our fans/coaches/players don't worry about last years ring...Most Importantly, best of luck to your QB for a fast recovery!

Two great schools with a lot of pride. PLAYOFFS....you gotta love it!! Sorry to hear about JT we wish him a speedy recovery. Looking forward to a great game. Yes RHS has lost four games, two in OT due to poor kicking. Last week we got a good old fashioned a-- whipping which may be just what the doctor ordered. Hope we don't get too loud for you Friday night in the PITs (added the "s" get it?)

PS: Is there not a way to add seats for your overcrowded home side? With that much fan support they should at least have a place to sit.

Two great schools with a lot of pride. PLAYOFFS....you gotta love it!! Sorry to hear about JT we wish him a speedy recovery. Looking forward to a great game. Yes RHS has lost four games, two in OT due to poor kicking. Last week we got a good old fashioned a-- whipping which may be just what the doctor ordered. Hope we don't get too loud for you Friday night in the PITs (added the "s" get it?)

PS: Is there not a way to add seats for your overcrowded home side? With that much fan support they should at least have a place to sit.

Just get there early. Then you can have the pick of the litter. See, around here, we dont wait until the last minute to show up at the game. We also know that if we travel. We get there early as well. That is why all the seats are taken. We thought about playing at LP field, but you guys couldnt fill the extra 5000 seats.lol

P.S. That is not a Visitor side. We added to our home side along time ago. This is what you may want to call "your side" Advice: 6:00 or there may not be seats left.

A few thoughts about JT and the QB situation:

The obvious- We all hope this works out for him long term. It is the kind of condition you can't take lightly and it sounds like the doctors are very concerned.

Secondly I think that the Green Wave will be fine. As I and many others have mentioned, this team's strength is the defense. They can win five straight with just playing mistake free offense and continuing to do their thing on D.

Thirdly, both Butler and Wilmore have had solid snaps under their belt and performed admirably. I am confident that they will improve as they get more comfortable.

Lastly, these seniors are a close-nit bunch to begin with. Now you put JTs situation out there and they have a motivational weapon that Ravenwood (and any others) will not be able to counter. Ravenwood fans might, at first glance, look at this as a 'favorable' situation. But this actually is going to cause these seniors to be even more focused. The best example I can give to refer to is the Hunters Lane game. A lot of emotion and distraction during Homecoming, but the seniors looked like they were on a mission and absolutely rolled over a team that is actually pretty talented.

I still see no reason to expect anything other than a close game, but with this additional element added to the mix I look for a great week of practice and a good performance on Friday.

Good luck Green Wave and best wishes JT!!!

Word is that JT came through surgery GREAT. He should be on the road to recovery soon. He is a tough young man and this will help him in his recovery. Ravenwood this years team at Gallatin is a lot like your last years team, with the senior leadership and 3 years of varsity experience this should be the game of the week in the state. As someone has already alluded to Gallatin goes 10-0 and is rewarded by having to play the defending state champs in round 1...here we go.