what happened with Maryville?

RCHSeagle

It was a crazy game. Maryville never punted. They moved the ball at will vs Brainerd. Maryville shot themselves in the foot too many times. Maryville had 6 turnovers. Brainerd returned 2 fumbles for touchdowns. Brainerds other touchdowns were on big plays from EJ Ward. Ward was by far the fastest kid I saw all year. He dusted Tyler Maples on a bomb. Other than those 2 plays Maryville's defense kept Brainerd in check. Dwight Wood had a great game for Maryville.

Coach Quarles was resting Adrian Baker in the 1st quarter. Baker has a sore back. One thing is obvious. Maryville has no run game without Adrian Baker.

Maryville has had problems with fumbles this year. Unless they cut down on the fumbles. They won't be in the playoffs very long.

REBEL RON thats the most honest post from a maryville fan i have ever read thank you and good luck hope all the players are injury free!!!!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game will be played in Chattanooga....if both teams advance.

Red Bank will be west by 2 touchdowns or more, Yes Powell didnt play a good game, but they are the real deal, That score could have been a lot more from what I have heard.

Maryville will play Red Bank and it will be a very good game, And I plan on comming to see it

Where will it be played.

You just can't put much stock in comparative scores, in my opinion. GQ and the rest of the staff will get the Maryville boys ready after Friday's aberration. I believe it could be possible that the Rebels maybe overlooked Brainerd some ... that would be very understandable if they did.

If there is a set of scores that blows my mind it would be:

Red Bank 77 - Brainerd 8 compared to Maryville 30 - Brainerd 26

That's a little scary, but in the end, it probably ends up being meaningless. I still take Maryville over Rhea and Red Bank.

The fumble thing is hard to figure. I know Maryville layed it on the ground too much and has to improve. I hear all the time, you can't fumble against a quality opponent and expect to win, and typically I agree. But ... against Kingsport Friday night, WB fumbled FOUR times in the second half and still managed to pull the shocker. Sometimes the "gods" just smile on you. :lol::D

Beleive me, most folks in Chattanooga do not feel the same way the westlerbk feels. We all know that Maryville is the top dog (obviously) and we know that the number 2 seed out of that region is always a very, very good football team (West earned that his year). Red Bank and Rhea Co. relish the opportunity to play these teams.

Comparative scores mean nothing.

Looking ahead (b/c i am just a fan), I think a Maryville, Red Bank game could be a great matchup with Maryville obviously being the favorite. That would be a game I would encourage everyone to get out and watch. Now, that being said it is not Red Bank will have its hands full with West.

You just can't put much stock in comparative scores, in my opinion. GQ and the rest of the staff will get the Maryville boys ready after Friday's aberration. I believe it could be possible that the Rebels maybe overlooked Brainerd some ... that would be very understandable if they did.

If there is a set of scores that blows my mind it would be:

Red Bank 77 - Brainerd 8 compared to Maryville 30 - Brainerd 26

That's a little scary, but in the end, it probably ends up being meaningless. I still take Maryville over Rhea and Red Bank.

The fumble thing is hard to figure. I know Maryville layed it on the ground too much and has to improve. I hear all the time, you can't fumble against a quality opponent and expect to win, and typically I agree. But ... against Kingsport Friday night, WB fumbled FOUR times in the second half and still managed to pull the shocker. Sometimes the "gods" just smile on you. :D:o

I was told that the pre-game inspirational speach at Chapel put the team to sleep and they were never able to shake the fog that the speaker put them in..... :lol:

Sorry I missed it Govman....had some personel issues to take care of. Congrats to the Govs....though this one was not surprised with the outcome. Good luck against the Admirals next Friday night. It should be a heck of a game.

I was told that the pre-game inspirational speach at Chapel put the team to sleep and they were never able to shake the fog that the speaker put them in..... :thumb:

Sorry I missed it Govman....had some personel issues to take care of. Congrats to the Govs....though this one was not surprised with the outcome. Good luck against the Admirals next Friday night. It should be a heck of a game.

ML,

I'm still "undefeated" as pre-game speaker, but this was my closest call yet. I might want to stay far away for the next 4 games. I'm hoping I'll have another game to attend, at least the next two Friday nights (you never know).

Get those Rebel boys straightened out this week.