what happened with Maryville?

RCHSeagle

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a crazy game. Maryville never punted. They moved the ball at will vs Brainerd. Maryville shot themselves in the foot too many times. Maryville had 6 turnovers. Brainerd returned 2 fumbles for touchdowns. Brainerds other touchdowns were on big plays from EJ Ward. Ward was by far the fastest kid I saw all year. He dusted Tyler Maples on a bomb. Other than those 2 plays Maryville's defense kept Brainerd in check. Dwight Wood had a great game for Maryville.

Coach Quarles was resting Adrian Baker in the 1st quarter. Baker has a sore back. One thing is obvious. Maryville has no run game without Adrian Baker.

Maryville has had problems with fumbles this year. Unless they cut down on the fumbles. They won't be in the playoffs very long.

I hate to say it but this Maryville team has had fumble trouble to a greater extent than any MHS team I have seen. That is the reason Maryville is not going for a six-peat! It was cold but no excuses they got to hang on to the skin if they want to advance vs. the better teams they will face this year. Oh well a win is a win and maybe it will be what this team needs.

I talked to one of the starters from last year and he told me there are a few guys who are not humble enough, beginning to think they can't be beat. Well maybe this will right the ship if that is the case. If Maryville is to advance to the big game the seniors better provide some leadership and get humble or Maryville's run will end this year with what some of the games that could come this year being hungry is a nessessary trait.

I bet GQ pealed some hide after the game and I would say practice next week will be fun to watch!