Harriman (8-3) @ Hampton (10-1)

Guest Shocker0

I just wanta see them boys win myself pujo! cant say I wouldnt like to see it passed more but I believe they have there reasons for not doing it, My thinking is timming is everything :(

I'm like you , I don't care how they get it done. Don't matter who scores, Its all just a team effort to accomplish one thing. Put more points on the scoreboard than the other bunch. I'm a fan of the whole team, Coaches and players.

Edited by pujo

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GooseVol, I like all of those E-Town restaurants, but if you come super early, say 4 - 4:30, I will get you to the best barbeque restaurant in the nation according to People Magazine among others...

Yes I'm talking about my personal favorite in the area, the Ridgewood and it's only about 20-25 minutes away from Hampton.

Get off on the Interstate in Johnson City at the State of Franklin Road EXIT 36 and take a left on 381 towards Bristol. You will merge onto 11E or 19W N towards Bristol on the Bristol Highway. Stay on that road about 8.2 miles then you will take a left onto 19E - take a slight right. Go about a mile and a half, the third side road on your right will be Elizabethton Hwy (It's a small sign and there's an even smaller sign under it that says Ridgewood inside of an arrow. You will go out there about a half a mile and you will see a little diner on your right. If it's not too packed at that time of the day, they have the best barbq, slaw, beans around. Also have a good blue cheese bowl with crackers. When you get done there you can just stay on the Elizabethton HWY and it will take you over the bridge and up to a red light at the McDonalds in Elizabethton. Take a left there and your back on 321, then from there you will get back to 19E and Hampton High School. Ridgewood has been featured on ESPN many a time during the old pre-race shows with Benny Parsons.

If you like Lonestar, the one in Elizabethton is the best in the Country. Bill Greene, the Chairman of the Board of Lonestar Steakhouse is the President of Carter County Bank and First Tennessee Bank, and good golfing buddies with Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga and Don Shula for that matter. So naturally, our Lonestar is super nice compared to others (i.e. Johnson City). If the weather's nice, you can sit outside and watch ESPN on the flat screens. Great place!

Edited by acdcfan

I only had a chance to see each team play in person one time, but saw Hampton on tape quite a few. I don't believe Harriman has as much speed as in the past. I really hope the Bulldogs hang in there and represent region 1. I think Hampton's got this one, but I know ole J.C. and crew aren't going to take the Devils lightly. They shouldn't have pulled out their win against Midway. The Wave made some poor coaching decisions late in the fourth or that game never gets to OT. Best of luck to the Bulldogs! :D

Hampton has used the quick kick for years, and I mean at least 20 years. Sometimes it is the best play, other times I have my doubts. We have a great punter and our coverage is always pretty darn strong, so I just keep thinking that all it does is take a play away from offense. If it is 3rd and 12, wouldn't it be better to run something simple up the middle and who knows, that too can be broken for a big play. I am definetly not a fan of it, but then again, I don't have the wins J.C. and Mike have under their belts either. :thumb:

I only had a chance to see each team play in person one time, but saw Hampton on tape quite a few. I don't believe Harriman has as much speed as in the past. I really hope the Bulldogs hang in there and represent region 1. I think Hampton's got this one, but I know ole J.C. and crew aren't going to take the Devils lightly. They shouldn't have pulled out their win against Midway. The Wave made some poor coaching decisions late in the fourth or that game never gets to OT. Best of luck to the Bulldogs! :lol:

Well everyone can say what they want about Hampton this and Hampton that but the truth is that Hampton isn't Hampton without Townsend.People can say what they want about team this and team that but the truth is that w/out him they are vulnerable to defeat. It's like Coalfield, when you think about that team you think about Brandon Davis.If you can shut him down then you have a GREAT chance to beat them. When coaches gameplan i guarantee they are telling their players that we have to stop this kid or we aren't goin to win.That's the truth.The same goes for Goins on Harriman ask Coalfield-They had him running for his life on every down and that is what prevented him from being the playmaker he is and ultimately shut their offense down which enabled Coalfield to win the game. Hampton doesn't have Townsend so one of the main keys to the dominant force that stormed through teams in the regular season isn't there.And believe me they are not going to pass on Harriman. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME OR BETTER W/OUT HIM>>THEIR WORSE...This is Harriman's one and only shot to get a rematch with their region rivals,show everyone they can play, and make it clear that region 2 dominates region 1. Take it one day at a time and be focused on the game.And for the Seniors on the team, play your heart out because this could be the last game of some of your football careers.

Edited by That1Guy

Hampton has used the quick kick for years, and I mean at least 20 years. Sometimes it is the best play, other times I have my doubts. We have a great punter and our coverage is always pretty darn strong, so I just keep thinking that all it does is take a play away from offense. If it is 3rd and 12, wouldn't it be better to run something simple up the middle and who knows, that too can be broken for a big play. I am definetly not a fan of it, but then again, I don't have the wins J.C. and Mike have under their belts either. :lol:

Like I said before, I've saw Mike go for it on 4th down alot ,might have kicked it on third, maybe a couple of times. Its all got to do with the flow of the game. I do know a little more about it now. It was 3rd and 20, J C asked Mike if he wanted to do it and Mike thought it was a good play. They were just trying to gain a little field position. Only God knows what would have happened, had they tried to pick up a first down. The bottom line is ,it worked out allright. Just about every fan wants coaches to go to this player or another, Coaches just try to take what the defense allows.

Well everyone can say what they want about Hampton this and Hampton that but the truth is that Hampton isn't Hampton without Townsend.People can say what they want about team this and team that but the truth is that w/out him they are vulnerable to defeat. It's like Coalfield, when you think about that team you think about Brandon Davis.If you can shut him down then you have a GREAT chance to beat them. When coaches gameplan i guarantee they are telling their players that we have to stop this kid or we aren't goin to win.That's the truth.The same goes for Goins on Harriman ask Coalfield-They had him running for his life on every down and that is what prevented him from being the playmaker he is and ultimately shut their offense down which enabled Coalfield to win the game. Hampton doesn't have Townsend so one of the main keys to the dominant force that stormed through teams in the regular season isn't there.And believe me they are not going to pass on Harriman. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME OR BETTER W/OUT HIM>>THEIR WORSE...This is Harriman's one and only shot to get a rematch with their region rivals,show everyone they can play, and make it clear that region 2 dominates region 1. Take it one day at a time and be focused on the game.And for the Seniors on the team, play your heart out because this could be the last game of some of your football careers.

Although your theory sounds good on the outside, the truth really is that the one game we lost this year was WITH Adam and guess what.............they ddin't shut him down. He still had around 250 yards rushing, only we fumbled the ball 7 times to Johnson County, who by the way, went to the playoffs this year..........in 4A ball. Even we as fans of Hampton kinda doubted how it would be with out Adam, especially at Cosby. But that was game 7 and now we are on game 12 and still without a loss. So are we vulnerable to lose, absolutely, just like every team in football. Does it hurt by not having Adam? Absolutley. He is the quick score for Hampton, the flash, the glitter that made Hampton football electric. Unfortunately we now just have to play smash mouth football, and trust me, that is way more up our alley. We have done it for years.