Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Alcoa. When Lipscomb beat you bad back in '03 (55-6) we knew then we would be seeing great things out of that squad. So many of those guys were Freshmen and Sophomores. Wow, it's been a few great years for you all. You've not lost a playoff game since that night!!! In three years. Wow.

Congratulations too, to Goodpasture on a great season.

Edited by I'm Me

I will be there Friday night hoping to see a great game. However I agree with a previous poster that stated he felt like GP defense was vulnerable. Every Milan fan knew we were still a year or two away from being a serious contender for the title. Saying that, Milan moved the ball exceptionally well against GP, just could not finsh drives. Our biggest problem all year long. We are young but got some great experience that should help us in the next couple of years. If Alcoa played with Maryville and Fulton then beat McCallie, they must be good. If GP can slow down the Tornado offense it will be a close game. I just don't see GP being as fast as they think nor do I see them beating Alcoa. GP fans, think about last week. Milan hung with you guys then GP pulled away. I see the scenario but this time Alcoa will be pulling away.

Good luck to both teams!!

Alcoa 34

GP 21

WOW Looks like somebody nailed it on the head!!

Close first half then a Tornado blew in start of 3rd quarter. Kinda of glad my Dawgs were not in the path of that F5 twister!!! :thumb:

Saw the game on TV tonight. Alcoa looked like a "complete" football team while Goodpasture looked like a team hoping to compete. It was a very night/day telecast from the TV version of the game. Alcoa had athletes all over the field making play after play. Goodpasture moved the ball well offensively with their gimmick running game, but it just seemed like during predictable situations Alcoa's defense was able to stop the wingT just enough.

Congrats to both schools for making it that far. Alcoa just had a little too much talent on the field for Goodpasture to deal with. Not their fault, they played a great game.