Jcs in 2a next year

Jcsfan06

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

It's funny that only the schools who get beat complain about private schools. You don't see schools who win complain because they do what they have to do to win against ANY team. I think that many people have given plenty of examples of private schools who do not have good programs. Recruiting is an issue you need to let go. Just because they have money doesn't mean they can bypass the rules, and this comes from someone who went to a public school.

JCS will certainly have our hands full in 2A...won't argue that...but to say this year was a fluke shows little appreciation for the quality teams we played in the playoffs...Union City, McKenzie, Lake County, Mount Pleasant and Friendship Christian...all good teams...if it had been a fluke we might have beaten one or even two...but not all five...as to 2A teams throwing 6 interceptions...less likely...but possible...it happens to college teams as well as NFL teams...and they can certainly play better than 2A...there will be a real jump in the level of play we face next year...and we likely will struggle...but this year was no fluke...it was a good team who got some breaks no doubt as any championship teams usually does...but not a fluke...

Edited by JaxMan

JCS will not have a chance in 2a. This year was a fluke all im saying is JCS will have there hands full this coming season, because 2a teams don't throw 6 interceptions in the state championship

dude you must know nothing about high school football. because when you win a state championship, i don't care who you are, it ain't no fluke. you got there because yoy earned it and you won it because you were the better team.

JCS will not have a chance in 2a. This year was a fluke all im saying is JCS will have there hands full this coming season, because 2a teams don't throw 6 interceptions in the state championship

Bob Cooter.. I must correct you. Huntingdon intercepted David Lipscomb 6 times in the 2003 Championship game.. Terrance Bell set a BCBS rushing record and scored 6 td's... :thumb:

OK, lots of things to respond to here:

1) JCS will struggle in AA - as does any school moving up from a lower class (unless you're loaded with talent). They can win (not that they will) against USJ, Dresden, and Gibson Co. They will be hard pressed to beat any other team in the region next year. That being said, I think any of those three teams can hand them a loss as well.

2) JCS is not USJ so end the recruiting talk at that. Do they have money? Of course, that's part of being a private school. If it were publicly funded and barely so at that, it would be called a public school. The "concerned parent" at the AAU basketball game, Little League baseball game, or middle school football game talking to the best player is probably wearing red and columbia blue.

3) Gibson County does have a good head coach now - solid football fundamental guy as well as a quality individual. His staff is questionable (not all of them), but hopefully he will stay around for a while. As far as the note about players coming from all over the county, the baseball team just won the district last year and the girls' basketball team is a tough team every year. Don't make excuses, figure out a way. And be patient, it won't come over night, nor will it come in 2007.

trust me we have been patient for over 20 years...i honestly thought argo was the right coach to turn it around..he pushed us and made us work hard..i think coach dyer can do the same as he knows alot when it comes to football...only thing i worry about this year is the o-line...if cunningham gets open wholes it'll be just like the 06 season where he led west tn in rushing