Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was a coach i'm tryin to run the score up lol!!!! 100 every game......I'll teach my squad to be better than great....and if i get blown out by a team oh well that's how it goes sometime....but we gone play like we down by 20 every game.

YOU CAN HATE IF YOU WANT 2.....BUT YOUR WASTING YOUR TIME!! :thumb:

How would you feel if your the parent or a player on a team that is getting beat by 50 points. I know you need to get better if your that team. But really what does that team that beats them that bad have to prove by beating them that bad. If i was a coach and i wanted to get better for years to come or work on things that will make my club better even if we haven't done those plays a whole lot in a game situation. That is what i would do as a coach. I'm sorry but if all you do is run the score up on a weaker team then i think that you prove nothing if your pressing with a 40 or 50 point lead.

good point about Sain and Epperson not being focused for the game against Gleason, that could be why they didnt look great to me. That would be bad coaching to not have your team up for everyone you play. Sain and Epperson did play more than 7-8 minutes of the game, they played at least 5 or 6 in the 4th Q alone and most, if not all the 1st Q. Now if you are saying that is all they played, then again I respond they arent impressive, since the 2nd and 3rd Q is when Gleason was put away. Union City beat us effortlessly, and Lake County looked like an And1 team (hitting 3's from sick range), to me Humboldt isntey as good as the others. They may have had a bad game, that happens, may have a bad coach, or may be mad cause Gleason girls beat their girls. I dont know. As far as teams we have played, Humboldt actually would be 4th. West Carroll beat us worse, and cleared their bench the whole 4th Q. But we are a better team now than we were against West Carroll. LOL maybe we scared Humboldt into putting them starters back in.

That's the thing about me, I ain't about politics and how the other team feel about....If i had a child playing and they r get ting beat by 50 then they better man up about it and work to cut it down to 30.. ya'll 2 sensitive 4 me, worried about feelings getting hurt... the way i feel about it is just stop me from doing it play defense......U go ahead and keep that Phillip Fulmer mentality "Keep it cose to the 4th qtr and c what happens" win and lose bye 3pt's every game and i'll keep the Spurrier mentality let's score some points and blow em'out and get 100+ point's.....:huh:

Halftime of the Union City vs. Brentwood Acd. game @ the All State Champion Tournament....

Halftime

Union City 38

Brentwood 32

Brentwood is very large and coming into this game predicted to win the entire tournament....now they have met up with Union city....We'll seeee........

This is really good competition for Union city. Was played to a 2 point game last night against Ensworth which is a new metro school in Nashville which is very good with large and quick players. I was told their best five could play with anyone.

Halftime of the Union City vs. Brentwood Acd. game @ the All State Champion Tournament....

Halftime

Union City 38

Brentwood 32

Brentwood is very large and coming into this game predicted to win the entire tournament....now they have met up with Union city....We'll seeee........

This is really good competition for Union city. Was played to a 2 point game last night against Ensworth which is a new metro school in Nashville which is very good with large and quick players. I was told their best five could play with anyone.

Union City looses by ( 2 ) points to a VERY good Brentwood Acd.

U C was 4 of 14 from the foul line and did cost them the game and was only 11 of 31 last night against Ensworth.

Looks like someone has found Union city's weakness.

Several things can contribute to your poor perception of Epperson and Sain's talent...Fact is, Humboldt did not come out focused AT ALL...they came in smiling and laughing because they saw the UC-Gleason score and expected that Gleason would come in a lay down...Gleason didn't do that and they got a little momentum when that one kid hit all those shots...The starters were in a total of 7 or 8 minutes the entire game...Sain did miss a couple of dunks...2 of them were not easy dunks and they were in traffic...However, he missed more in that single game that he has all season combined...The guy is VERY good, as is Epperson...Epperson didn't play well all night...Once again, probably a lack of focus...I think you should attend the UC-Humboldt game in Humboldt on Jan. 12 and see for yourself not only how good these 2 players are, but how good this team is...

Red..I guess we should all just skip the Lake Co-Humboldt game..I thought yall played us before Union City again..But I guess yall aren't worried about us .

ha...i got your back red...prolly don't need it...but humboldt did take it easy on gleason there in the 1st half...#12 for gleason has a lot of energy and "want to" and #32 is a good shooter..but that's all gleason has...and yes gleason did bring in their younger squad but it was more of a practice for humboldt then anything..i noticed that we ran a couple of new plays that we haven't ran before...so it was pretty much a practice...like red said...we could've beaten them by 100 if we wanted to...but we didn't...we play them again...so we will next time...also i saw union city play on the tv the other day...yall are good...but i dont see it lasting long...haven't seen lake county play either...im sure we can beat them though..good matchup but we can beat them

haven't seen lake county play either...im sure we can beat them though..good matchup but we can beat them

I'm pretty sure your're right..but I've seen Humboldt play and I believe we will beat them..Not that we can..I believe we will..And yes ..I could be wrong..I consider U.c. the favorite and the two of us probably beating each other on certain nights....Humboldt thought they were better or could have beaten us last year also..but they didn't..And I know this is a new year..but it's also confidence...Kind of what someone from U.C. said to us...except with the names turned around..Humboldt thinks they can beat Lake Co...Lake Co knows they can beat Humboldt...I also noticed about 3 days ago in the Coach T fan poll that Union City was in first place with 8 first place votes..Lake Co was in 2nd place with no first place votes and Humboldt was 4th at the time but had two first place votes..Lake Co's lead on the 2nd spot was slippling because we didn't have any 1st place votes...So I'm thinking..I know oo7 and several Lake co fans have probably voted..Union City beat us..so I gave them the nod also..and then Humboldt at the time with 2 st place votes..I guess they didn't see the U.C. -Humboldt game..I don't know who would have voted Humboldt #1 over U.c. ..but give U.C. credit..I'm glad it's not a B.C.S. poll with the fans voting!

Red..I guess we should all just skip the Lake Co-Humboldt game..I thought yall played us before Union City again..But I guess yall aren't worried about us .

Humboldt knows Lake Co. has a very, very good team, but isn't the first game in Lake Co? I really wasn't trying to neglect you guys, just trying to show this guy that Sain and Epperson are as good as advertised as most on this board who've seen them play can say..

Humboldt knows Lake Co. has a very, very good team, but isn't the first game in Lake Co? I really wasn't trying to neglect you guys, just trying to show this guy that Sain and Epperson are as good as advertised as most on this board who've seen them play can say..

I was just seeing if you were paying attention..When do yall play in the christmas tournament..I may try to come to a couple games..I was there about two or 3 years ago when Trenton had Doaks..Milan girls were playing Humbolts..Poston was a freshman and Humboldt had the Graves girl and another girl..can't remember her name..but she was a stud..I believe she may have gone to middle Tenn...But I had to sit at the top row on humboldt's side packed in so tight I couldn't even drink my coke hardly..It's a unique tournament with the county having so many schools and pretty close to each other..It's going to be packed every year..Where is the tournament this year? Merry christmas!

I was just seeing if you were paying attention..When do yall play in the christmas tournament..I may try to come to a couple games..I was there about two or 3 years ago when Trenton had Doaks..Milan girls were playing Humbolts..Poston was a freshman and Humboldt had the Graves girl and another girl..can't remember her name..but she was a stud..I believe she may have gone to middle Tenn...But I had to sit at the top row on humboldt's side packed in so tight I couldn't even drink my coke hardly..It's a unique tournament with the county having so many schools and pretty close to each other..It's going to be packed every year..Where is the tournament this year? Merry christmas!

Humboldt High School...starts tuesday night :lol: