Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

I haven't been on here in a while...I was ashamed of the way Humboldt has been playing as of late...Humboldt lost again tonight at Crockett in overtime...Humboldt deserved to win the game...They outplayed Crockett and EJ Epperson showed how he can take over a game...Humboldt only took about 4 3 pointers all night...Everything was down low with Sain getting it at the free throw line and distributing it to the wing or to Epperson on the baseline...I think Humboldt, even though they lost, looked like the team I expected them to be around this time...They had some tough breaks night but their defense was MUCH improved and they were penetrating and scoring almost at will...I know based on the past few games that Humboldt has played, many will expect Lake Co to come and blow Humboldt out of the gym...I'm going to make a bold statement and say that Humboldt comes away with the victory tomorrow night by 3...

One thing I noticed tonight, Humboldt played hard the whole night...In the end, Crockett got the best of them with some mistakes by Humboldt to assist them...However, it wasn't because Humboldt wasn't giving their best effort...They will correct the mistakes but if they continue to match that intensity, their losing streak won't last for much longer and they will return to elite status in 1A...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been on here in a while...I was ashamed of the way Humboldt has been playing as of late...Humboldt lost again tonight at Crockett in overtime...Humboldt deserved to win the game...They outplayed Crockett and EJ Epperson showed how he can take over a game...Humboldt only took about 4 3 pointers all night...Everything was down low with Sain getting it at the free throw line and distributing it to the wing or to Epperson on the baseline...I think Humboldt, even though they lost, looked like the team I expected them to be around this time...They had some tough breaks night but their defense was MUCH improved and they were penetrating and scoring almost at will...I know based on the past few games that Humboldt has played, many will expect Lake Co to come and blow Humboldt out of the gym...I'm going to make a bold statement and say that Humboldt comes away with the victory tomorrow night by 3...

One thing I noticed tonight, Humboldt played hard the whole night...In the end, Crockett got the best of them with some mistakes by Humboldt to assist them...However, it wasn't because Humboldt wasn't giving their best effort...They will correct the mistakes but if they continue to match that intensity, their losing streak won't last for much longer and they will return to elite status in 1A...

did crockett play man to man or zone?

humboldt is about to have it's first 4 game losing streak in two years.

did crockett play man to man or zone?

They played a little of both....They didn't play much zone though because when they did Humboldt broke it down with great interior passing...The team that played last night would've beaten Bradford and GC by atleast 20...They also started a pretty big lineup last night and you could tell the defense was vastly improved...Ramon Parham #24 got to start at PG and played well....Chauncey Hunt started at shooting guard instead of the point and had a good game with 12 points...EJ Epperson, Derek Sain, and DeAndre Perry also started and scored a combined 57 points...Humboldt also showed more depth than I've seen all year as they consistently played 9 nine players the entire night without a drop off...Tevin Crayton (6'4 So) got significant action and played well on the defensive end...Odell Jackson came off the bench and did a good job on defense and breaking the press...Cordero Wade also came off the bench and even though he didn't score much last night, he's a very potent scorer if he's on...Charles Taylor played several minutes in this game and he gave Humboldt another long and athletic presence on the court...They also switched up their defensive set as they never went to the halfcourt trap the entire night...At one point late in the game they went to a full court man defense out of necessity, but the rest of the game, Humboldt stayed in a certain zone...I guess Lake Co will have to wait until tonight to see what zone it is and how it is set up...I'll just put it this way, Sep might have a tough time penetrating so he better shoot the lights out..

Red..Crockett Co has a good team so I see Humboldt must have played a good game last night..But..Crockett must have played a man to man..Lake Co probably will also ..but if I had my way..I'd press like we usually do and then drop back to a zone,especially the way Humboldt has struggled against it...Whitby may play man to man all night and just let the best team on the floor tonight win!

They played a little of both....They didn't play much zone though because when they did Humboldt broke it down with great interior passing...The team that played last night would've beaten Bradford and GC by atleast 20...They also started a pretty big lineup last night and you could tell the defense was vastly improved...Ramon Parham #24 got to start at PG and played well....Chauncey Hunt started at shooting guard instead of the point and had a good game with 12 points...EJ Epperson, Derek Sain, and DeAndre Perry also started and scored a combined 57 points...Humboldt also showed more depth than I've seen all year as they consistently played 9 nine players the entire night without a drop off...Tevin Crayton (6'4 So) got significant action and played well on the defensive end...Odell Jackson came off the bench and did a good job on defense and breaking the press...Cordero Wade also came off the bench and even though he didn't score much last night, he's a very potent scorer if he's on...Charles Taylor played several minutes in this game and he gave Humboldt another long and athletic presence on the court...They also switched up their defensive set as they never went to the halfcourt trap the entire night...At one point late in the game they went to a full court man defense out of necessity, but the rest of the game, Humboldt stayed in a certain zone...I guess Lake Co will have to wait until tonight to see what zone it is and how it is set up...I'll just put it this way, Sep might have a tough time penetrating so he better shoot the lights out..

if crockett played man to man and GC and Bradford played zone..how do u figure they would've beaten either team by 20???? its a proven fact that humboldt has no outside shot because the zones proved in both games being blowouts...when trenton got blew out by humboldt in the christmas tourny...what kind of defense did trenton play?? man-to-man B)

Crockett played man to man all night long. They pressed Humboldt all over the court. I guess they were trying to wear them down. They must have. Humboldt led the entire game and was up 10 to start the 4th quarter but fatigued got the best of them. Humboldt is HUGE. Crockett is not. Perry is their tallest player at 6'2". Althought Humboldt won on the boards by at least 10-12 rebs., Crockett forced the tempo and turnovers which proved to be the difference. Crockett shot awful as well. I bet they didn't shoot 25% from the 3 pt. line and they were taking good shots. Lots of penetration and kicks, as well as beating Humboldt down the court and shooting transition 3's. Very exciting contrast of styles.

if crockett played man to man and GC and Bradford played zone..how do u figure they would've beaten either team by 20???? its a proven fact that humboldt has no outside shot because the zones proved in both games being blowouts...when trenton got blew out by humboldt in the christmas tourny...what kind of defense did trenton play?? man-to-man B)

Crockett came out of the half in a 2-3 zone and stayed in it for the majority of the 3rd quarter before finally getting out of it because we were breaking it down with ease...Yes, Bradford and GC gave Humboldt problems with the zone, but Humboldt has apparently figured out an offense to get through it easily...You can pack it in all you want, if Sain gets it at the free throw line, Humboldt's chances of scoring increase greatly, whether he drives and scores, gets to the foul line, or dishes to Epperson running the baseline...

Crockett came out of the half in a 2-3 zone and stayed in it for the majority of the 3rd quarter before finally getting out of it because we were breaking it down with ease...Yes, Bradford and GC gave Humboldt problems with the zone, but Humboldt has apparently figured out an offense to get through it easily...You can pack it in all you want, if Sain gets it at the free throw line, Humboldt's chances of scoring increase greatly, whether he drives and scores, gets to the foul line, or dishes to Epperson running the baseline...

Well I said that in the Gibson County and Bradford game but Humboldt never threw it to him in the middle

Union City will face the South Fulton Red Devils shorthanded again tonite as Andre' Coby,Tony Wilkins and MJ Brown will not play due to injuries.....Wilkins and Brown are nursing nagging injuries and would probably started against a stronger opponent...Coby is making progress in his rehab of a knee injury.....