Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

LC had a few players under the weather last night. Copelin was suffering with a cold and a headache, Avery with stomach troubles and even Springer was having a little stomach trouble. The guys played well last night and I hope we are at full strength Tuesday. Remember I picked LC to win the District tourney and i stick by that. Tuff to beat a team 3 times!! Robertson is really coming on the last part of the year, he is able to provide some depth along with Jackie Johnson. The falcons have 7 players right now that will play. Should be a great Championship game Tuesday. I will say it is nice to see an All Falcon and Tornado District 14A final (Girls and Boys)!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LC had a few players under the weather last night. Copelin was suffering with a cold and a headache, Avery with stomach troubles and even Springer was having a little stomach trouble. The guys played well last night and I hope we are at full strength Tuesday. Remember I picked LC to win the District tourney and i stick by that. Tuff to beat a team 3 times!! Robertson is really coming on the last part of the year, he is able to provide some depth along with Jackie Johnson. The falcons have 7 players right now that will play. Should be a great Championship game Tuesday. I will say it is nice to see an All Falcon and Tornado District 14A final (Girls and Boys)!!

Here's hoping the championship games have the same outcome as the regular season meetings....FOUR TORNADO VICTORIES!!!

it really will not matter who wins, because both teams should make it to the boro! 14a should put two teams in and UC looks like a lock. region 8 will not provide much resistence. there is a different level of talent and coaching at this point in the two regions. 15a has the district flip-flopped. the two weakest teams are in the championship, which means that the strongest four teams in the region (15a and 16a) will play each other in the first round of the region tournament. the winner of your region will get a very beatable and flawed team. the winner of your region is pretty much guaranteed a spot in the state tournament.

it really will not matter who wins, because both teams should make it to the boro! 14a should put two teams in and UC looks like a lock. region 8 will not provide much resistence. there is a different level of talent and coaching at this point in the two regions. 15a has the district flip-flopped. the two weakest teams are in the championship, which means that the strongest four teams in the region (15a and 16a) will play each other in the first round of the region tournament. the winner of your region will get a very beatable and flawed team. the winner of your region is pretty much guaranteed a spot in the state tournament.

So is the runner-up......

I'd be glad to give U.C. 4 victories..I'll take the 5th!

If Union City wins four and meets up with Lake County in The Boro...Union City will win that meeting too....

I'll bet your house on it.... <_<

First, Congrats to UC boys and girls! And likewise to LC.

I want to point out what I saw Saturday night that just confirmed what I said early this season.

I watched the game from the rail which gave me a good vantage point.

I don't think UC has the athletisism of either LC or Humbolt, BUT I do believe they have the best coaching philosophy anywhere in the state and all the other coaches need to take a good look at it. (save for MJ, and Simpson)

To beat UC you HAVE to do the following:

1) Stop throwing lousy lob passes. UC eats this up! They are always looking for a steal from weak passes. I am not so sure the press is the problem so much as their ability to look for weak passing. There is no such thing as "free-ins" with them. UC ripped Trenton a new one this way. UC never makes weak passes. Good job UC.

2) Keep your eye on the stinkin' ball! UC passes the ball down the court more than they dribble it more times than not beating the defence to the other end of the court forcing a one-on-one down low or the open three and you just can't give them that Much room! The same for offence, UC double teams at the hlaf court line or sooner and most teams don't even know it is happening cause they are all looking the other way. Good job UC.

3) FUNDAMENTAL FUNDAMENTALS FUNDAMENTALS! You cannot miss lay-ups and 4-6 ft jump shots. You just can't. 3's are a little trickier, but there is not reason to miss a short jumper or lay-up. UC is super solid right here. 2 points every possession. Their 3's are pretty but most of their points are scored within 8 ft of the rim. If you can't shut it down, match it. Good job UC.

If LC beats UC it is cause of athleticism. And yes, I want LC to beat UC. BUt some of the rest of us need to take a good look at why they win and learn from it. Quit squakin' about them being single A and start running and shooting. Free throws are important, but don't say a team lost to them (UC) by missing a few frees at thend of the game. Get your junk together and play the first three quarters and it won't be an issue.

...I think I am done now....I feel better...um... Go LAKE County!!!!!

Im just amazed at what Union City can do, they are averaging over 90 pts a game and have cracked the 100 point barrier many times. Oakland has only cracked 90 once, but came close a few times, but Im just in awe of Union City, 130 points in a game is just unbelieveable

This was my first time to watch UC this year...I was in awe that they had 5 players just standing out around the 3 point line shooting all night lol...the person with the ball would just penetrate to the lane and find the open man and he'd launch a 3...I guess I picked the right night to go watch UC play

Congratulations to Lake Co. y'all played a good game, but Humboldt was 10 of 23 from the free throw line and missed seven in a row during the third and fourth quarter. Also, Humboldt did not do a good job at defending Springer.

I'll post our free throws later..Bet we didn't do any better..Sep missed several..Copeland..Jackie Johnson missed two at the end on the intentional foul and then we got the ball back but couldn't capitalize..Both teams played hard..Several questionable call to me on both teams..We got called for 3 touch fouls in a row,I thought a couple back courts on Humbolts wasn't called as well as being out of bounds..but the foul on Sain was a bad time to call him for a foul that late in the game..Players push like that down low to get position,,If you call that late in the game ..should have called it earlier or not called it at that late in the game..Yall have a very good team..we still may be in the same bracket in the region after we beat Union City!So..don't lose to Trenton!

This was my first time to watch UC this year...I was in awe that they had 5 players just standing out around the 3 point line shooting all night lol...the person with the ball would just penetrate to the lane and find the open man and he'd launch a 3...I guess I picked the right night to go watch UC play

Ok..GC..You brought up a good point..You've seen U.C. play..I'm sure you've seen Dyer Co play a couple times..I live in Newbern actually ...several people from Dyer Co has said they'd like to play U.C..A couple buddies of mine teased me when I said Dyer Co has an excellent team and it would ge a great game,but I thought U.C. would win by about 6..I know a team can't shoot that well every night but based on the team you saw and the speed ..Who do you think would win?