Rutledge Girls

boxn1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After losing some to graduation last year (not exactly sure how many), Rutledge girls looked better than anticipated. They effectively handled GPs press for most of the game. However, GPs press didn't look as strong as it was last year, could be because of graduation, could be because it is early in the year. Rutledge had numerous chances to win the game but it just got away from them. Their match up zone, or whatever it was they were playing, seemed to give GP some problems at times. I look for the Rutledge girls to improve even more and they could even make some noise in this district this year. Claiborne and Gatlinburg Pittman seem to be the favorites, but there is usually one team that comes in at the end and gives a scare or spoils it for the top teams. Perfect example of last years Pigeon Forge team going from 4th place in the district to the district and region championships. Good luck to both teams throughout the season.

I believe they hav e a big girl about 6'2" that is just a Freshman. She had knee surgery and may be just starting to come back. Anyone seen her play?

Freshman name is Ashlee Acuff...She has the potential to be a very good player. Saw her play as an 8th grader just needs to be used in the right way..didn't see that last year...

Rutledge has gotten off to a good Start. 6-3 is good thus far but I do not think that they have beaten a team that is very good. If you check the records of team that they have beaten you will see that the Cocke County has the best record. Cocke County is good win but Cocke's record is 3-5 and they are a very young team . Anderson county is 0-8 and Rutledge beat them by 4, Halls 0-10 and Rutledge won that game by 13, Gibbs record is 2-6 and they have played them Twice and won both games by a total of 5 points on last second shots , Hancock 0-6 stayed in the game with rutledge until the end of the game. The next two weeks will be the Test. With Claiborne county at Rutledge on Friday and Rutledge traveling to Seymour on Tuesday if they can win one of those games then I think they may have a good year. They are just now getting in to tough part of the schedule. They did give GP a great game at Rutledge and had a chance to get the win at the end. In the Cocke county game they got out rebound and that and and Defense is the weaks part of their game. If they do not go to the boards against Claiborne and Seymour and play better defense in the post. I do not think they will have a chance of getting a win in ethier game. So Let's just wait and see how they do between now and Jan. 1 before we say that they are better than they were last year. It is still early in the season. I hope that they have a great year but time will tell for sure. ;)

What do you think Boxn1 you seam to know everything about Rutledge Sports! :D