What's Goin' On With Oak Ridge Football Off Season

Cactus Jack

That's your problem ole dad you are so full of hate you can't even understand plain english, I didn't say just football state championships. As for my knowledge of Oak Ridge football, I don't have to have any to have an opinion on you. I have seen your kind before, your the type of fan who thinks they know whats going on and has all the answers. How many film sesions have you been a part of. Can you tell me what type of defense william blount runs. What is Ooltewah's favorite play, what are there tendencies. Are you in on Oak Ridges Game plan, do you attend these meetings. Your the type of fan that watches practice or just forms an opinion after a game with out any real knowledge of whats going on. As far as my life, I can look at the number of your posts campared to mine and can tell you that I have more of a life that you do. Its a shame that with all the tradition Oak Ridge Football has they are still left with fans like you. You are more destructive to the program than any player, coach, administrator, or board member. Do everyone a favor and let it go, you may add a few years to your life and it will speed up any damage that you have caused the program

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's your problem ole dad you are so full of hate you can't even understand plain english, I didn't say just football state championships. As for my knowledge of Oak Ridge football, I don't have to have any to have an opinion on you. I have seen your kind before, your the type of fan who thinks they know whats going on and has all the answers. How many film sesions have you been a part of. Can you tell me what type of defense william blount runs. What is Ooltewah's favorite play, what are there tendencies. Are you in on Oak Ridges Game plan, do you attend these meetings. Your the type of fan that watches practice or just forms an opinion after a game with out any real knowledge of whats going on. As far as my life, I can look at the number of your posts campared to mine and can tell you that I have more of a life that you do. Its a shame that with all the tradition Oak Ridge Football has they are still left with fans like you. You are more destructive to the program than any player, coach, administrator, or board member. Do everyone a favor and let it go, you may add a few years to your life and it will speed up any damage that you have caused the program

Once again Gov I completly agree with your post ,with the acception of one thing. Ole dad has a inside informant ,that should be ran off. This informant that I speak of does attend the meeting ,and film sessions. Like Ole dad he does'nt care for coach Stevens either. Therefore the whole truth is not being relayed back to his buddy. It's all about not getting who they wanted. Let it go or move on.

Yeah,

That's news to me also. I see results. 5-5 is a bunch of crap for a team with the players and resources available at OR and all of you "supporters" are the ones tearing the program down by accepting the losing attitude. I hope they turn it around and as for hating Coach stevens...you are wrong....I don't even know the man....but I do hate losing and so should all other fans. Anyone who accepts the season OR had and doesn't work 20 hours a day year round to fix it has no business in charge of the OR program.

And Gov, my point was all of those championships have nothing to do with the football program over the past 2 years so they mean doodie. Go post on your own loser board.

Ole Dad

And who would this insider be? Enlighten us, I have my own ideas but then what do I know... about football. I do know that exception is the correct spelling not acception.

Ole dad, most losers hate to lose, winners know how lose and are able to turn it around, that is the difference between you and the other Oak Ridge supporters. You want to take your ball and go home, complain to everyone about who's to blame and makes excuses when someone points the finger at you. Or in this case try to bully and intimidate anyone who gets in your way. Its supporters like you who get in the way of solutions to problems. Once again you are part of the problem and the sooner you come to admit and apologize the the better off oak ridge and you will be, you may even be able turn it around and help the program. God gave us two ears and one mouth so we would listen more than we talk. Just a little advice if you are listening.

Gov,

Right!

This is coming from the mouth of a guy who has sooo much experience at a school that is a powerhouse. Now if your name was Reb I might think you have some experience in these matters. I have said my piece and by the way, I have ESPN and predict that unless something major changes in the prepartion and coaching that OR will be 4-6 next season. We can chat in November and see who is correct. Oh, and by the way, I have supported the team personally and financially for 30+ years and continue to do so more than most anyone who may post on here to the contrary. I have been around for winning and losing and have watched and participated in the process to correct the losing before. And it didn't involve firing coaches which by the way is not what I advocate, only coaches that work. Have You had any experience in any turnaround? Kinda what I thought. If so, use it at your school.

Ole Dad

Ole dad, most losers hate to lose, winners know how lose and are able to turn it around, that is the difference between you and the other Oak Ridge supporters. You want to take your ball and go home, complain to everyone about who's to blame and makes excuses when someone points the finger at you. Or in this case try to bully and intimidate anyone who gets in your way. Its supporters like you who get in the way of solutions to problems. Once again you are part of the problem and the sooner you come to admit and apologize the the better off oak ridge and you will be, you may even be able turn it around and help the program. God gave us two ears and one mouth so we would listen more than we talk. Just a little advice if you are listening.

I have no dog in this fight as I am a Dragon Fan. (We have seen our share of hard times and then some) I must agree it's the supporters that down the program but do nothing to improve it in a positive was that kills the program. And your last couple of lines are awesome!!!! Great positve post....Best of luck to the Wildcats!!!

Yes ole dad I have been a part of some turnarounds in my lifetime, usually its the same process, you have to get rid of the ole giesers like you who think they own the program because of the money and time thay have given in the past. Sounds as if you have always had alterior motives for your giving. (Control and Power) I hope that you will continue to support the players, coaches, and administration in a more positive way and with good motives. Pointing fingers and blasting the coaching staff on coacht isn't going to make positve changes.

Remember when you point the finger there is always three more pointing right back at yourself. Be part of the solution rather than stirring the pot.

1. Motivate the players

2. Motivate the community

3. Bring back that small town pride to Oak Ridge because that is where your tradition was built. The foundation was establised on Blood, Sweat, and tears my friend and nothing less.

Do not pull an Alabama

either put up or shut....

Go Owls!

Hey Gov tell me what you know about the Owls.

Gov,

You don't know squat. I actually donate anonymously and live in Florida but listen to the games and watch the films each week. So, power and control is not an objective (winning is) so just like my previous post you don't know anything about OR football or me so find something you know about to post about. And by the way, the world is ulterior. They don't have much education or football over your way I guess.

Ole Dad

Yes ole dad I have been a part of some turnarounds in my lifetime, usually its the same process, you have to get rid of the ole giesers like you who think they own the program because of the money and time thay have given in the past. Sounds as if you have always had alterior motives for your giving. (Control and Power) I hope that you will continue to support the players, coaches, and administration in a more positive way and with good motives. Pointing fingers and blasting the coaching staff on coacht isn't going to make positve changes.

Once again ole dad' I sense anger and intimidation, being so far removed from the program, what are your objectives, all I have read on here is how you bash the players work ethic, coaches, and the administration. Maybe communication is to blame, living so far away, you may not be getting the whole story. Maybe your like the grandfather who has been told by his son that his grandson is the fastest kid in school. Only to watch him finish last in the county meet. He wasn't that fast in the first place. Just because someone tells you one truth doesn't mean it tells the whole story. My suggestion to you is come up to Oak Ridge and see for yourself what is going on. As far as comparing your knowledge about Oak Ridge to mine, Facts are I am closer to the program than you are, by about 500 miles closer. Oak Ridge is a well coached team that had a down year, compared with the fact that everyone else in the region was on the upswing (minus Soddy) William Blount proved that when they upset D-B in the first round and Ooltewah having success in the play-offs. Yea I don't spell very well, that's easy to attack but it will not deter me from trying to help you see the wrong in your ways. If you really have a problem with the coaching staff, meet with the administration, air your grievance and leave it at that. Don't keep on bad mouthing the program in public. You make yourself look bad as well as other Oak Ridge supporters.

As far as what I know about Ooltewah, Fine School, team, staff, and administration. I can remember when Benny use to take his Cleveland teams to Oak Ridge to scrimmage back in the day.