Class A State Championship

OS91

QUOTE(handyy @ Mar 10 2007 - 07:01 PM) 826407541[/snapback]Yeah they are awesome yada yada yada we know we know.. you guys dont have to keep telling us.... we know o.k. congrats on the win they looked solid but it wasnt like they were head and shoulders above O.S. and if hudson is a senior they better get someone to replace her real quick. because she carried them. Great win. they play great defense congrats on the title /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> oh yeah and i think jackson county was in the title game last year.. don't quote me on that but if they were last time i checked they were still in middle tennessee... oh and clarkrange has a couple of titles as well as pickett county.... but next year maybe they will have a west tennessee state tournament, and then at a separate location have a rest of tennessee state tourney, that way it will be fair to all these horrible middle and east tennessee teams.

You are right...I was just correcting our uneducated poster about West Tennessee basketball. If you look closely at his post, he sd its been eight years since a west tennessee team made any noise. Just providing him (or her) with the FACTS. As far as the MidSouth Classic, one year it was held in West Tennesse and the next was held in Middle Tennessee ( or visa versa)and the West Tennessee teams faired quite well with many of the teams from 7AA,7A participating.

And as far as the region they (Gleason) play in...might want to check the facts again...I think about 15 Gold/Silver balls. 10 of which are GOLD. BRADFORD, PEABODY,GLEASON...do those teams ring a bell??? So as far as playing in another region, I think two of these teams will fair pretty good! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SportsWizard @ Mar 10 2007 - 09:35 AM) 826407169[/snapback]Look at the talk. Gleason should not even have to play today according to your fans. That is arrogance!!! You played probably the 2 weakest teams in the final 8, record wise at least, in Jackson County and Forrest. Neither had any size. OS's size will eat you alive. If not, carry your gold ball back to west tenn and we will see you in another 8 years. Or next year. Who cares. My team got beat by the team your beat so I will just shut up, NOT! On a serious note: Good luck today. Hope your dreams come true.

Arrogance: offensive display of superiority. Thats the definition. We're state champs our arrogance has been proven.

QUOTE(SportsWizard @ Mar 10 2007 - 12:23 PM) 826407277[/snapback]I can tell you what hole you can crawl in and die. HA HA HA HA HA HA. Go back and coach your american league team, you american leaguer. IF you do not know what that means, ask someone with an IQ over 50.

Finals last year, Semi's this year with the youngest team around, I believe Jackson County has something to be arrogant about. Gleason shows up once every 9 years. Shut up.

Once every 9 years? Try 8 times in the 90's...

QUOTE(westtn_basketball @ Mar 11 2007 - 12:09 AM) 826407787[/snapback]Absolutely!

Awesome...I was just as happy about them winning as probably every Gleason fan lol..I wish I would've gone to watch them a time or two this year now but oh well...me and a few GC players are going up next Friday and Saturday and watching some boys action!!! will be great!

Oliver Springs players and fans, you really put up a fight, you were very classy people, and we hope that you can say the same about us. I am sure that you will be back next year putting up the same fight.

Congrates to Kayla, Candace and Jenna!! WTG very proud of all you ladies Riley, Taylor you are the best!!!

Cheerleaders awesome job too!

Sports Wizard,

Come on down to Gleason tomorrow, you can watch the girls bring that gold ball and all the other hardware they won up the front walk into our school to put next to the other ones we have. This should not come back to bite me in the rear..... seasons over...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Best of luck to all the teams in the state, it wont be long till practice starts again, work hard to all teams, cant wait to see who will end up in the boro this time next year!!!

Congratulations to Gleason for winning state. Also want to congratulate Oliver Springs. I was hoping the Bobcats would bring it back to East Tennessee. They fought the good fight. Gleason was just a little bit better.

I think the Gleason and Oliver Spring girls should teach the UT Mens team how to shoot free throws. What a clinic in free throw shooting they put on.

QUOTE(OS91 @ Mar 9 2007 - 06:33 PM) 826406613[/snapback]Gleason looks to be the slight favorite in this game as they have only lost once all year. A closer glance reveals Gleason's schedule rank is 55th compared to Oliver Spring's 10th. Oliver Springs might be more battle tested having played some of the best AAA, AA, and A teams this year. No doubt this should be an outstanding championship game.

Good luck to both teams!

Strength rankings are worthless stats... "Oliver Springs might be more battle tested having played some of the best AAA, AA and A teams this year". I keep reading how all these teams have played some of the best AAA & AA teams this year. If that is truely the case and strength rankings are worth the time it takes to figure them, then our girls came out on the short end of the stick. We should have brought home three gold balls. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Mar 11 2007 - 01:13 AM) 826407788[/snapback]Awesome...I was just as happy about them winning as probably every Gleason fan lol..I wish I would've gone to watch them a time or two this year now but oh well...me and a few GC players are going up next Friday and Saturday and watching some boys action!!! will be great!

We are all very excited. That's for sure! I heard ya'll were going up next week. I'll be working Friday, but I feel like Humboldt and Liberty will be playing Saturday, & if so, we're there. I can't remember the last time I missed a guys' championship game...