West Tennessee Basketball: What happened you guys?

triathlete

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 22 2007 - 04:24 PM) 826420508[/snapback]Union City[/url] would have beaten Maryville too.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

LOL. Union City didn't even make the Class A state tourney, but they can beat the AAA state champs. Pretty funny stuff.

My friend, your credibility is gone with that statement. If you are going to make wild statements, why not get on here and say Union City would have beaten Liberty, also. If you are all talk, why not shoot for the stars?

I'm not a Union City fan but saw them play several times this year....UC, Humboldt, and Lake Co. were all better than Temple...Humboldt played for one half and should've beaten Temple...Yes, East TN has better coaching, but the talent pool is much better in the west...If Humboldt had an "East TN coach", they wouldn't have lost a game the past 2 years...Oh well, I know Humboldt will be back next year, as will Union City...Humboldt loses one player, and they'll be deeper...UC loses 2 players and returns Mr. Basketball Winner MJ Brown...If the West thought that they were dominant this year in 1A, they'll know it next year...

QUOTE(red_16 @ Mar 22 2007 - 10:45 PM) 826420789[/snapback]I'm not a Union City fan but saw them play several times this year....UC, Humboldt, and Lake Co. were all better than Temple...Humboldt played for one half and should've beaten Temple...Yes, East TN has better coaching, but the talent pool is much better in the west...If Humboldt had an "East TN coach", they wouldn't have lost a game the past 2 years...Oh well, I know Humboldt will be back next year, as will Union City...Humboldt loses one player, and they'll be deeper...UC loses 2 players and returns Mr. Basketball Winner MJ Brown...If the West thought that they were dominant this year in 1A, they'll know it next year...

Hey guess what if you are better...YOU WIN!!!- The better teams win the teams that aren't as good lose.....and if you peak in the middle of the year or end of the season...you aren't one of the better teams....TEMPLE WAS THE BEST TEAM IN CLASS A I THINK THEY HAVE A BIG GOLD BALL THAT SAYS SO!!! (you can come kiss it if you want to)

Oh and I don't care who your a fan of you are ignorant and wrong...

QUOTE(red_16 @ Mar 22 2007 - 10:45 PM) 826420789[/snapback]I'm not a Union City fan but saw them play several times this year....UC, Humboldt, and Lake Co. were all better than Temple...Humboldt played for one half and should've beaten Temple...Yes, East TN has better coaching, but the talent pool is much better in the west...If Humboldt had an "East TN coach", they wouldn't have lost a game the past 2 years...Oh well, I know Humboldt will be back next year, as will Union City...Humboldt loses one player, and they'll be deeper...UC loses 2 players and returns Mr. Basketball Winner MJ Brown...If the West thought that they were dominant this year in 1A, they'll know it next year...

More excuses . . . . more talk . . . . less action = "ho hum"

I think the difference between teams like Temple and Humboldt is talent versus discipline.

When I saw these two teams play it appeared to me that Temple was a more discipline team than Humboldt. It was evident that Humboldt probably had more talent than Temple but their lack of discipline siphoned away their extra talent. I'm not saying that Temple doesn't have a talented team because they do, but on paper Humboldt had the talent to beat Temple. That's why it's frequently the most disciplined rather than the most gifted rise to the top. And that was the case between these two teams.

QUOTE(GovMan @ Mar 22 2007 - 08:07 PM) 826420557[/snapback]Yeah ... that's it. Maryville won because of their "senior-laden" team. Oh, wait a minute ... Maryville only played TWO seniors!!! Somehow they managed to do ok THIS YEAR without many seniors ... instead of having to use the old "wait'll next year"excuse.

Govman

Don't confuse these guys with facts. By the way. It was great to see you this past weekend.

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 22 2007 - 06:24 PM) 826420508[/snapback]No it wouldn't have.....Anybody that saw Union City play this year knows it too....

Temple should send a card of gratitude to Humboldt for beating the Tornadoes......While they are at it they could send a card to the Humboldt coaching staff for holding Humboldt down for a half.....I saw the Vikings five or six times this year and that was by far the worst game I saw them play....

That title should be named the "Thank God Union City Didn't Make Here" trophy......Union City would have beaten Maryville too.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I remember watching Union City last year. From what I remember they had no size. Aaron Douglas would have dominated.

4000 posts. I need to get a life. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 23 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826421036[/snapback]Better talent doesn't always result in the better team. For the posters that are listing West Tennesse teams as being better......thanks for the comedy. You had your chances....got your butts kicked.....end of debate.

The whole argument is that we say that basketball is stronger in West Tennessee and it is.

If Alcoa and Maryville each lose in a state championship game in football to West Tennessee teams, would that mean that the tide has shifted? Would it mean that the West is now better in football than the East? Would it mean that East Tennessee football is overrated? I don't think so. All it would mean is that we had the best teams THAT YEAR.

I just think its funny that how all these years that the memphis teams have won it in triple a that everybody always congrats the winners and doesnt say anything about them winning and doesnt make excuses.this is the first time a team from the east has won it since science hill( unless you count white county as an east tn team) and you memphis and west tn boys just need to except it. quit your whining and your belly aching hech, east tn wins it in football every year and when a west tn team does win one nobody complains about it. was maryville winning the state tournament a fluke?? no. they are very well coached and are winners anyway because of their success in football. it will be along time before they have a chance at winning a state again but they did they have a gold ball. just shut up and except it. memphis will always be more talented and have better athletes than east tn and will always be able to reload every year unlike most east tn teams. a memphis team will probably win it next year and start another streak, but until next march, maryville are the state champs. let em enjoy it.