Time for a change

therock

QUOTE(BaseballthruNthru @ Jun 1 2007 - 09:35 PM) 826470271[/snapback]So it is your opinion that JCS or any other private school chose its pre kindergarteners based on their athletic ability? I'm pretty sure most of the high school students have been there since then....yeah sure they have a few transfers in but the majority have been there 10 or more years.

I believe the "advantedge" that concerns everyone is the dedication these students have on their own to their chosen sport. They are willing to sacrifice in order to achieve, this is on their own no one makes them.

We could use some of those dedicated kindergarteners in the public shools but, for some reason, parents would rather pay $6,000 a year to send them to that other school. Surprised they would do that, seeing that there are no advantages in those schools over public schools.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Jun 1 2007 - 11:43 PM) 826470344[/snapback]Arogance?? I see no Arogance, my statement was backed up by fact not oppinion. As far as my real feelings on the public private debate i have said it many times. If someone can think of something that private schools could do and still be allowed to play in DI then i would be all for that. But i feel like it is unfair for anyone to say "you have to play in DII" just because of the type of school they are.

I use the current DII as an example, the TSSAA gave them an alternative. Stop offering academic scholarships and you can play in DI. By doing that, it makes the choice to go to DII or stay in DI the choice of the school. But if they just say "just because you are a private school you must play in DI" i don't see how anyone can logically think that is fair. What next?? have seperate leagues for schools near big city's and schools in the middle of nowhere?

Arrogance is when it takes about two seconds to drop this facade of yours and comment "Privates do play each other.... In the State Championship". I know it is true, though, but we will try to change that.

QUOTE(larry @ Jun 2 2007 - 05:28 PM) 826470567[/snapback]Arrogance is when it takes about two seconds to drop this facade of yours and comment "Privates do play each other.... In the State Championship". I know it is true, though, but we will try to change that.

Friendship vs. JCS in football championship, Temple vs. CSAS in basketball championship, Friendship vs. JCS in baseball championship.....

Now, would you like to tell me how it is arogant to say that private schools do in fact, play each other in the state championship? The way i look at it is that it is a fact for the year of 2006-2007. Last year was different, and next year could be the same or different, but as for this year it was true..

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Jun 2 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826470640[/snapback]Friendship vs. JCS in football championship, Temple vs. CSAS in basketball championship, Friendship vs. JCS in baseball championship.....

I think thats the problem. LOL. I think last years public showing was good, but we will see if it last more than just one year out of 8 to 10 years of private domination.

QUOTE(larry @ Jun 2 2007 - 05:25 PM) 826470565[/snapback]We could use some of those dedicated kindergarteners in the public shools but, for some reason, parents would rather pay $6,000 a year to send them to that other school. Surprised they would do that, seeing that there are no advantages in those schools over public schools.

There are definitely academic and learning environment advantedges, but I do not see how that translates to an athletic advantedge.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Jun 3 2007 - 05:28 AM) 826470708[/snapback]I think thats the problem. LOL. I think last years public showing was good, but we will see if it last more than just one year out of 8 to 10 years of private domination.

Yes we will, and as i have told you before, if 3 years from now 4 out of 5 state championships have been won by a bunch of different privates, then i will agree with you. I am just not about to condem the mulitiplier before it has had a chance to do anything.

QUOTE(larry @ Jun 1 2007 - 12:06 PM) 826470043[/snapback]Schools will, fans won't.

That is one of the major advantages of private schools. They can focus on getting better players.

Either you can't read or you are intentionally ignoring post after post. The DI privates ABSOLUTELY do NOT focus on getting players at all. It simply is not what they are about.

If you have any evidence or even a reasonable thought to submit indicating otherwise I'm all game to read it, but since you didn't answer the first question I posed you I'm pretty sure you can't submit anything on this one either. Continue your baseless innuendo...it isn't anything we haven't heard and laughed about before.

QUOTE(larry @ Jun 2 2007 - 06:25 PM) 826470565[/snapback]We could use some of those dedicated kindergarteners in the public shools but, for some reason, parents would rather pay $6,000 a year to send them to that other school. Surprised they would do that, seeing that there are no advantages in those schools over public schools.

What reason do YOU think they see in the small privates that would have them sending their small children there?

In a related vein, are you in an urban or rural area?

QUOTE(Baldcoach @ Jun 3 2007 - 09:15 PM) 826470926[/snapback]Either you can't read or you are intentionally ignoring post after post. The DI privates ABSOLUTELY do NOT focus on getting players at all. It simply is not what they are about.

If you have any evidence or even a reasonable thought to submit indicating otherwise I'm all game to read it, but since you didn't answer the first question I posed you I'm pretty sure you can't submit anything on this one either. Continue your baseless innuendo...it isn't anything we haven't heard and laughed about before.

Evidence???? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Does anyone on the public-prive debate forum know what that is? That word may be too big.. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Baldcoach @ Jun 3 2007 - 08:18 PM) 826470929[/snapback]What reason do YOU think they see in the small privates that would have them sending their small children there?

In a related vein, are you in an urban or rural area?

Why people would pay $75,000+ over 13 years to send their kids to a private school is an unknown to me which is why I am asking you. What is so vile in the public system that forces you to make that choice?

Does the fact that you take what you must consider the elite kids from certain socioeconomic groups out of public schools, and then turn around and want to compete with those same vile schools on an "equal" basis, not hypocritical?

Rural.

QUOTE(larry @ Jun 5 2007 - 07:44 AM) 826471495[/snapback]Why people would pay $75,000+ over 13 years to send their kids to a private school is an unknown to me which is why I am asking you. What is so vile in the public system that forces you to make that choice?

Does the fact that you take what you must consider the elite kids from certain socioeconomic groups out of public schools, and then turn around and want to compete with those same vile schools on an "equal" basis, not hypocritical?

Rural.

We live in a world of sin. If you are sending your kid to a private school to avoid sex,drugs, and rock and roll you are wasting your money. It is everywhere. I will say there are some privates that offer better education, but it is my "opinion" education starts at home wether you are public or private. If you raise your kid to respect education and what it can do and you stick by them it shouldnt matter what school you attend.